Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? 16:05 - Feb 19 with 2877 viewswkj

This is now a farce - I am almost starting to feel sorry for Evans, he's taking him for a mug.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:10 - Feb 19 with 2332 viewsCoastalblue

You have to think that Evans has been putting together something in the background but now it's all unravelling at a rate that has caught him out.

Even on here a couple of weeks ago most of us were hopeful he'd go and that it wouldn't be too long, whereas now I think it's just a case of when.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:10 - Feb 19 with 2325 viewsitfcjoe

If Evans can't react to how he is behaving that's the biggest fear for the future of the football club

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:11 - Feb 19 with 2310 viewsStokieBlue

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:10 - Feb 19 by Coastalblue

You have to think that Evans has been putting together something in the background but now it's all unravelling at a rate that has caught him out.

Even on here a couple of weeks ago most of us were hopeful he'd go and that it wouldn't be too long, whereas now I think it's just a case of when.

I think if Cook turns down Bristol this weekend then that might be an indicator that he's on his way.

Bristol would be a decent project for him but he seems to want something with history such as town.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:13 - Feb 19 with 2295 viewswkj

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:10 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

If Evans can't react to how he is behaving that's the biggest fear for the future of the football club

Mate, it is utter f'in horse crap is what it is. Lambert is systematically burning bridge after bridge - if he continues to be so blind (Evans) you're right - we're doomed to failure far worse than we've failed for the last 15 years.

Crybaby

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:15 - Feb 19 with 2271 viewsKieran_Knows

Negligence from Evans now, utter negligence that he is letting this continue.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:15 - Feb 19 with 2270 viewslmfcblue

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:10 - Feb 19 by Coastalblue

after this weeks events he should've been at least been put on gardening leave and KD cover as caretaker whilst he appoints a new man and sorts out that mess of a contract.
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:16 - Feb 19 with 2267 viewsPique

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:11 - Feb 19 by StokieBlue

I think if Cook turns down Bristol this weekend then that might be an indicator that he's on his way.

Bristol would be a decent project for him but he seems to want something with history such as town.

SB

He turned down Sheffield Wednesday - plenty of history there. Maybe he just wants to avoid basket case clubs...
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:16 - Feb 19 with 2267 viewslevelneville

Evans must be up to something.... is he about to sell up?? I cannot think of another manager in the history of our club that is so terrible in every aspect..football... PR...man management etc etc. Even MM wasn't this bad.
Login to get fewer ads

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:16 - Feb 19 with 2267 viewswkj

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:11 - Feb 19 by StokieBlue

SB

I would love to see him here, more so the Cowleys though I must admit.

I'm just in shock right now - I have never seen a manager at ITFC get it so wrong on every level. The kicker is, he's playing his exit strategy- it is obvious, Paul want's to go with a payoff, as he has done his entire career.

If Evans is going to pull the trigger, I hope his lawers finds a way to get Lambert on gross misconduct or dereliction of duty - he's gone too far, yet again.

Crybaby

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:18 - Feb 19 with 2236 viewswkj

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:16 - Feb 19 by levelneville

Evans must be up to something.... is he about to sell up?? I cannot think of another manager in the history of our club that is so terrible in every aspect..football... PR...man management etc etc. Even MM wasn't this bad.

I really don't know - but whatever he's doing should be a lesser priority than Lambert's sorry arse on the phone and marching him out of Suffolk for good.

Crybaby

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:19 - Feb 19 with 2227 viewsitfcjoe

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:16 - Feb 19 by Pique

He turned down Sheffield Wednesday - plenty of history there. Maybe he just wants to avoid basket case clubs...

That was only a contract until end of the season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:19 - Feb 19 with 2228 viewsStokieBlue

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:16 - Feb 19 by Pique

That's a good point.

SB

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:20 - Feb 19 with 2219 viewsStokieBlue

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:16 - Feb 19 by wkj

I would love to see him here, more so the Cowleys though I must admit.

I'm just in shock right now - I have never seen a manager at ITFC get it so wrong on every level. The kicker is, he's playing his exit strategy- it is obvious, Paul want's to go with a payoff, as he has done his entire career.

If Evans is going to pull the trigger, I hope his lawers finds a way to get Lambert on gross misconduct or dereliction of duty - he's gone too far, yet again.

It's getting to the point where Lambert is starting to get close to doing something that ME could argue breaks his contract.

It's extremely unprofessional now.

SB

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:20 - Feb 19 with 2217 viewsPique

I just can’t believe how irresponsible Evans has been. By not firing Lambert straight after the Northampton match, he’s left a completely untenable management situation for the Oxford game, and possibly three other matches where we’re going to get our arses handed to us.

If he can’t be sacked immediately, why not just put him on gardening leave like Jim Henry and let Dyer take charge for a few weeks? It makes no sense whatsoever.
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:23 - Feb 19 with 2192 viewsParamedic

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:20 - Feb 19 by StokieBlue

It's getting to the point where Lambert is starting to get close to doing something that ME could argue breaks his contract.

SB

It’s farcical now. Ipswich Town the Pantomime!

AllalallalSunderland

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:23 - Feb 19 with 2188 viewswkj

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:20 - Feb 19 by StokieBlue

SB

I hope the PFA gets involved - Kayden and Nolan should be on the blower to their representatives.

Really fk's me off that these players of the current team don't know what we're capable of as fans when we have something to believe in. Lambert is taking the piss now, and although this is heat of the moment, if he was here in front of me right now it would take a lot to not want to throw a left hook.

Crybaby

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:24 - Feb 19 with 2175 viewsCoastalblue

Didn't he say he wants a longer term project, and has been getting offers of 6 month deals?

While we are currently in an absolutely dire state I do think there is still something to appeal to some managers. We do still have potential, just, but more importantly they'd be given time and left to get on with things even if it's not an enormous budget.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:25 - Feb 19 with 2172 viewsPique

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:19 - Feb 19 by itfcjoe

That was only a contract until end of the season

True, but he may find he has to stick on something soon. Managers can start to get a reputation if they turn down too many things, and if he turns down Bristol City that’ll be three Championship clubs he’s rejected (assuming there’s an offer on the table).
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:29 - Feb 19 with 2125 viewswkj

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:25 - Feb 19 by Pique

True, but he may find he has to stick on something soon. Managers can start to get a reputation if they turn down too many things, and if he turns down Bristol City that’ll be three Championship clubs he’s rejected (assuming there’s an offer on the table).

I have a hard time seeing how any talented manager would turn down the Bristol project - I have a feeling they're building slowly but effectively like Brentford has been.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2021 16:31]

Crybaby

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:30 - Feb 19 with 2108 viewsPique

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:29 - Feb 19 by wkj

I have a hard time seeing how any talented manager would turn down the Bristol project - I have a feeling they're building slowly but effectively like Brentford has been.

Agreed, I expect him to take it if offered.
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:32 - Feb 19 with 2076 viewsBeckets

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:29 - Feb 19 by wkj

Appleton is odds on favourite for the Bristol City job.
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:33 - Feb 19 with 2069 viewswkj

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:32 - Feb 19 by Beckets

Probably a good pick too

Crybaby

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:36 - Feb 19 with 2042 viewsPique

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:32 - Feb 19 by Beckets

Howe has been mentioned too - think he’ll have higher aspirations though.
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:39 - Feb 19 with 2009 viewsBeckets

How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:36 - Feb 19 by Pique

Howe has been mentioned too - think he’ll have higher aspirations though.

Yes I think you're looking at bottom 8 of the Prem for Howe....Newcastle, maybe even Palace
How is anything about PL's position at ITFC tenable now? on 16:42 - Feb 19 with 1995 viewsKievthegreat

What gets me is how little self respect Evans has. He publically backed Shambert and copped a ton of flack for it. Then gets rewarded by Shambert knifing him in the back, not just in local press but national as well. What's his response, "we'll chat next week". I can't imagine many managers being able to pull that off if they were performing well! Let alone when abjectly failing.

Evans needs to get a backbone. The fans don't want Lambert, the players don't, Lambert sure as hell doesn't want to be here. Pull your finger out Marcus!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024