Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Shirts 11:18 - Mar 3 with 1086 viewschrismakin

For those that buy them and as it's a way of supporting the club financially. Would you buy one if the price of them went over £60 for a shirt.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Club Shirts on 11:31 - Mar 3 with 986 viewssnudge27

No. I'll only buy them if I like the design, and the price has been reduced.

I caved on this season's this weekend once the price got cut to £24.

Poll: Who is the best Lord?

Club Shirts on 11:36 - Mar 3 with 957 viewsTieDyedIn95

I think they struggle to sell them these days compared to yesteryear. The cost is too high, the designs are generic Adidas ones (we don't buy enough to get unique designs) and they change both kits every season. Usually to a silly design we don't use like the original Barca away or this seasons White/Sky Blue camo kit.

The Punch/MITRE model of alternate changes with the odd third kit being the old away kit was far more fan friendly, the Punch designs were better because they were all bespoke to us and the club could charge more reasonable amounts for them.

I'd prefer we'd return to being a family club and offering more value for money and stop changing kits every season.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Club Shirts on 11:38 - Mar 3 with 946 viewssticklegs

For a polyester t-shirt that they change every year? ...no way. I wouldn't pay £48 either. If I like the design, I pick mine up when they flog them off cheap the following season or at the Suffolk Show.
Club Shirts on 11:41 - Mar 3 with 931 viewsitfcjoe

I don't know, but when you look at the Premier League kits, ours are significantly cheaper - even though they are generally the exact same kits. Our GK shirt is the same as Leeds and they charge £65 opposed to the £51 we do when full price - that's a hell of a big chunk more percentage wise

I normally wait until they get 20-30% off, but sometimes pay full price

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Club Shirts on 11:50 - Mar 3 with 876 viewsMullet

Club Shirts on 11:41 - Mar 3 by itfcjoe

I don't know, but when you look at the Premier League kits, ours are significantly cheaper - even though they are generally the exact same kits. Our GK shirt is the same as Leeds and they charge £65 opposed to the £51 we do when full price - that's a hell of a big chunk more percentage wise

I normally wait until they get 20-30% off, but sometimes pay full price

I liked both kits and wanted a treat so I got Snr to buy them both for me and send them up, as well as one for the 3 year old.

He gets the points and I can blame him when she wonders why I've got both, so it's win-win.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Club Shirts on 11:54 - Mar 3 with 851 viewsJammyDodgerrr

I bought this years at full price, because the gambling sponsor was gone and i wanted to show support for that movement. I certainly wouldn't buy a new one at full price every year, though. Would wait for a drop, but it is nice to support at full price every 2-3 years.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Club Shirts on 12:58 - Mar 3 with 687 viewsIllinoisblue

Club Shirts on 11:36 - Mar 3 by TieDyedIn95

I think they struggle to sell them these days compared to yesteryear. The cost is too high, the designs are generic Adidas ones (we don't buy enough to get unique designs) and they change both kits every season. Usually to a silly design we don't use like the original Barca away or this seasons White/Sky Blue camo kit.

The Punch/MITRE model of alternate changes with the odd third kit being the old away kit was far more fan friendly, the Punch designs were better because they were all bespoke to us and the club could charge more reasonable amounts for them.

I'd prefer we'd return to being a family club and offering more value for money and stop changing kits every season.

Didn’t the club say this year’s home shirt was their best seller ever?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Club Shirts on 13:02 - Mar 3 with 665 viewsPlums

Club Shirts on 11:54 - Mar 3 by JammyDodgerrr

I bought this years at full price, because the gambling sponsor was gone and i wanted to show support for that movement. I certainly wouldn't buy a new one at full price every year, though. Would wait for a drop, but it is nice to support at full price every 2-3 years.

Me too. This year’s was the first I’d bought for over a decade.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Login to get fewer ads

Club Shirts on 13:10 - Mar 3 with 635 viewsTieDyedIn95

Club Shirts on 12:58 - Mar 3 by Illinoisblue

I am sorry but there is no way that outsold anything from 1999 to about 2004 in numbers, maybe over the Adidas ones although I don't think its anywhere near as popular as the 14/15 kits or even last seasons when the sponsor design improved. I think whoever said that must have had a hand in the training ground fire write up ...

Most have failed to sell and get bargain binned and sold for cheap. I remember you could buy 2012-13's wholesale for your own football club at one point that one had sold so badly.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Club Shirts on 13:30 - Mar 3 with 570 viewsitfcjoe

Club Shirts on 12:58 - Mar 3 by Illinoisblue

A lot of people had vouchers this year as well which will have helped, but certainly it caught the imagination

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024