Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surprised the red card has got rescinded 17:49 - Mar 4 with 1252 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 17:50 - Mar 4 with 1206 viewsElderGrizzly

Genuine attempt is so subjective. One person's attempt is another's lost cause
Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 17:51 - Mar 4 with 1199 viewsSitfcB

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 17:50 - Mar 4 by ElderGrizzly

Accrington manager said he was gonna be in the phone to Mike Jones (sounds familiar) so reckon he’s just done him a favour.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 18:22 - Mar 4 with 1016 viewsjayessess

If you watch the video, when Conneely starts to go to ground the ball's well within his reach, Parrott then touches it on before he gets there. Nice slice of luck for us to get the decision.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 18:33 - Mar 4 with 941 viewsPablokuqi

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 18:22 - Mar 4 by jayessess

If you watch the video, when Conneely starts to go to ground the ball's well within his reach, Parrott then touches it on before he gets there. Nice slice of luck for us to get the decision.

I said at the time I thought it was a genuine attempt within
the interpretation of the law and was surprised he gave a red. Lots on here disagreed. In that situation defender deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt. Bit of luck for us especially as we missed the pen.
Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 19:28 - Mar 4 with 801 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 17:50 - Mar 4 by ElderGrizzly

Which is why it’s surprising that it was overturned because I thought that they only overturned decisions that were blatantly wrong..

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 19:30 - Mar 4 with 792 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Agreed. Looked like the referee was close and had a clear view of it. From iFollow it appeared as if the only way Conneely gets the ball is to go through the back of Parrott.

At least we got the advantage of the decision going our way on the pitch for a change.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 20:09 - Mar 4 with 714 viewsTrequartista

For years the game was crying out for the double jeopardy rule, but in true lawmakers style, they had to complicate things with this "intent" rule. I suppose we should be grateful they brought in the double jeopardy rule at all having seen how much they are ruining the game with handball/offside/var interpretations.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 20:13 - Mar 4 with 707 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm not. The laws of the game don't discriminate between a rubbish attempt to get the ball and a good attempt. And it wasn't violent enough to be a straight red card through excessive force. Double jeopardy ruling is there to protect when fouls aren't blatant cynical trips and other fouls where there's no obvious attempt to get the ball at all.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 20:15 - Mar 4 with 691 viewsPhilTWTD

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 20:13 - Mar 4 by Swansea_Blue

I'm not. The laws of the game don't discriminate between a rubbish attempt to get the ball and a good attempt. And it wasn't violent enough to be a straight red card through excessive force. Double jeopardy ruling is there to protect when fouls aren't blatant cynical trips and other fouls where there's no obvious attempt to get the ball at all.

That was my thought at the time, and most in the press box, although obviously most were covering Stanley.
Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 20:16 - Mar 4 with 679 viewsSwansea_Blue

Surprised the red card has got rescinded on 20:15 - Mar 4 by PhilTWTD

That was my thought at the time, and most in the press box, although obviously most were covering Stanley.

Great minds you see Phil. We're a rare breed

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024