Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The UK government continues to penalise protest 11:37 - Mar 11 with 1670 viewsSteve_M

Not really a surprise when the Home Secretary is a proven bully but miserable all the same.

https://www.politics.co.uk/comment/2021/03/11/silencing-black-lives-matter-priti

Endless culture war, it's basically the only thing this lot have got so it's important to keep the outrage high, keep generating friction with the EU for headlines regardless of the cost.

Oh, there's some propaganda video of the vaccine drive coming out too.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2021 12:00]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:41 - Mar 11 with 1629 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've heard more people bleating on about infringement of rights because we've been asked to behave responsibly in a global pandemic that I have about this issue. This issue is FAR more important. It's a genuine step towards an authoritarian state. I can't get my head around how it can be culture war-ed with people defending it, but seemingly it is.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:45 - Mar 11 with 1595 viewsfooters

It's a terrible piece of legislation from possibly the worst government this country has ever had. On the other hand, I sincerely doubt it's going to deter most protestors who will still make their voices heard on important issues, despite any potential action taken against them by police.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:48 - Mar 11 with 1587 viewsBasuco

But when Extinction Rebellion dug up Trinity College lawn, that was a step too far for the government.
The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:48 - Mar 11 with 1578 viewsSwansea_Blue

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:45 - Mar 11 by footers

It's a terrible piece of legislation from possibly the worst government this country has ever had. On the other hand, I sincerely doubt it's going to deter most protestors who will still make their voices heard on important issues, despite any potential action taken against them by police.

It's getting a fair hammering from legal beagles, that's for sure.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:52 - Mar 11 with 1557 viewsfooters

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:48 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

It's getting a fair hammering from legal beagles, that's for sure.

Wonder if you could use it to break up fox hunts? They're always galloping about with their horns and loud barking dogs. One for the rural correspondents if the bill gets passed.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:56 - Mar 11 with 1543 viewsDarth_Koont

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:41 - Mar 11 by Swansea_Blue

I've heard more people bleating on about infringement of rights because we've been asked to behave responsibly in a global pandemic that I have about this issue. This issue is FAR more important. It's a genuine step towards an authoritarian state. I can't get my head around how it can be culture war-ed with people defending it, but seemingly it is.

I think it’s not so much identity as a massive generational divide that’s driving this.

You see that age divide politically and economically – with the young having everything to gain from change to the underlying system and the older generation feeling like they’ve got everything to lose. Also doesn’t help that the older generation that feels threatened by progress and the modern world is least able to understand it and is most susceptible to being lied to (by politicians, media and especially social media).

Hugely sweeping generalised picture that I know isn’t always reflected by individuals on here and in real life. But the demographics are pretty clear.

Pronouns: He/Him

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:59 - Mar 11 with 1522 viewsBlueNomad

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:52 - Mar 11 by footers

Wonder if you could use it to break up fox hunts? They're always galloping about with their horns and loud barking dogs. One for the rural correspondents if the bill gets passed.

Tom Hunt says no.........................
The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:09 - Mar 11 with 1484 viewsBlueWorldOrder

We need more people in the Labour Party. We need people to join, not only to helps fund us against the millionaires backing the Tories but actively out on the streets delivering our leaflets and standing for Councils. Most constituencies in East Anglia are crying out for Labour candidates and activists but too many are not turning out. Where are you? I see a lot of attacks on the Ipswich MP online but how many of you have come door knocking or leafleting for the Labour Party? That's where the real change will happen. SJW's don't win elections.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Login to get fewer ads

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:26 - Mar 11 with 1452 viewsDarth_Koont

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:09 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

We need more people in the Labour Party. We need people to join, not only to helps fund us against the millionaires backing the Tories but actively out on the streets delivering our leaflets and standing for Councils. Most constituencies in East Anglia are crying out for Labour candidates and activists but too many are not turning out. Where are you? I see a lot of attacks on the Ipswich MP online but how many of you have come door knocking or leafleting for the Labour Party? That's where the real change will happen. SJW's don't win elections.

Labor is now very much a large donor party. There is now seemingly little interest in maintaining the existing grassroots and members/activists structure.

The power behind the leadership seems to think they can develop a more centrist-friendly network but I think that’s a massive miscalculation. Principally about the sort of people who want to represent Labour on the street and in their local community.

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:35 - Mar 11 with 1419 viewslowhouseblue

isn't this a classic example of bad legislation - in that it is responding to a single problematic incident. ie that nutter who was outside parliament for years disrupting news reports? i can't remember if he was pro brexit or anti-brexit, but legislation shouldn't be driven by individual cases however difficult. it's dangerous dogs and traffic cones all over again.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:44 - Mar 11 with 1398 viewsBlueWorldOrder

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:26 - Mar 11 by Darth_Koont

Labor is now very much a large donor party. There is now seemingly little interest in maintaining the existing grassroots and members/activists structure.

The power behind the leadership seems to think they can develop a more centrist-friendly network but I think that’s a massive miscalculation. Principally about the sort of people who want to represent Labour on the street and in their local community.

Are you a member? I think the leadership is right to move away from the choices that lost the last two elections. Labour Party is still at its core funded by Unions and memberships. If we cant to change it join, if not you can hardly complain the Tories win all the time because they will do if you don't stop them!

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:58 - Mar 11 with 1372 viewsDarth_Koont

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:44 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

Are you a member? I think the leadership is right to move away from the choices that lost the last two elections. Labour Party is still at its core funded by Unions and memberships. If we cant to change it join, if not you can hardly complain the Tories win all the time because they will do if you don't stop them!

No, I’m not a member. I’ve no interest in an opposition party committed to centrism given how, over decades, that has just pushed the country right.

I’ll give my support to causes and ideas I agree with.

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 13:10 - Mar 11 with 1352 viewsBlueBadger

Lest we forget, they are also proudly trumpeting talk of 'free speech'.

What they actually mean is 'the right to bigotry without consequences'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 13:11 - Mar 11 with 1342 viewsBlueBadger

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 12:09 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

What need is more people to not vote for the Tories. Advocates of the Dear Leader are finding of reminding us about how many more embers he allegedly attracted. It didn't, ultimately, turn into votes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 13:25 - Mar 11 with 1319 viewsjaykay

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 11:52 - Mar 11 by footers

you can't do that footers, fox hunts are our heritage and full of pageantry or something like that

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 13:49 - Mar 11 with 1281 viewsHerbivore

F**k Priti Patel, f**k this Tory government, f**k anyone who voted for them, and f**k doubly hard anyone morally bankrupt enough to still support them.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 13:54 - Mar 11 with 1257 viewsDarth_Koont

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 13:11 - Mar 11 by BlueBadger

What need is more people to not vote for the Tories. Advocates of the Dear Leader are finding of reminding us about how many more embers he allegedly attracted. It didn't, ultimately, turn into votes.

How did/does taking your cues from the Labour right help?

When Labour did attract votes in 2017 (first time in two decades) and were up in the polls all the way to the beginning of 2019, the Labour right responded by redoubling their smears and even by some of them leaving the party to form Change.

None as blind as them that won’t see the naked and narrow self-interest at play here.

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 13:56 - Mar 11 with 1248 viewsDanTheMan

Protests for me, not for thee.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

The UK government continues to penalise protest on 17:07 - Mar 11 with 1139 viewsfactual_blue

I couldn't help a wry smile earlier when I read priti patel had said that the alleged murder of Sarah Everard was dreadful, women should feel safe etc.

How safe are women in your Private Office* priti? Certainly not safe from bullying.

*In this context, 'Private Office' is not a euphemism.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024