Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy 08:41 - Mar 23 with 1548 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 08:47 - Mar 23 with 1287 viewsSteve_M

Presumably he thought that was the right thing to do as well.

Eton really does produce stupendous self-confidence over any sense of judgement or ability.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 08:51 - Mar 23 with 1263 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 08:47 - Mar 23 by Steve_M

Presumably he thought that was the right thing to do as well.

Eton really does produce stupendous self-confidence over any sense of judgement or ability.

I used to like Call Me Dave. He was certainly a cut above what we have now in terms of competence.

But it always he’s just another with his snout on the trough.

Iron Lion Zion

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 08:57 - Mar 23 with 1235 viewsBlueBadger

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 08:51 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

I used to like Call Me Dave. He was certainly a cut above what we have now in terms of competence.

Call Me Dave's weakness in the face of the extreme right of his party and his(along with Osborne's) obsession with austerity and privatisation goes a long way toward contributing to the fooking state we're in now.

Despite that, he STILL somehow looks like a beacon of competence and decency compare to what we have now.
He's not actually one, it's just that what's replaced him is somehow even worse.

See also: George Dubya vs Trump.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 9:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:01 - Mar 23 with 1196 viewsBlueBadger

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 08:57 - Mar 23 by BlueBadger

Call Me Dave's weakness in the face of the extreme right of his party and his(along with Osborne's) obsession with austerity and privatisation goes a long way toward contributing to the fooking state we're in now.

Despite that, he STILL somehow looks like a beacon of competence and decency compare to what we have now.
He's not actually one, it's just that what's replaced him is somehow even worse.

See also: George Dubya vs Trump.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 9:22]

and also:

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:10 - Mar 23 with 1156 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I'm not going to get all teary eyed about, yet another, self-serving politician who had little, if any, more integrity than any of his predecessors or successors.

"Better" than Johnson? Not in my book, just a different type of sh*t.

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_stool_scale

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:13 - Mar 23 with 1138 viewsSwansea_Blue

It promises to, but like much of their immoral goings on we'll be fed a few dead cats and everyone will move on.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:18 - Mar 23 with 1121 viewsKeno

His biggest mistake, and probably the biggest mistake ever made by a politician anywhere ever was not going into the 2nd general election still in the coalition with Nick Clegg.

It was obvious then and even more so now that Clegg that that running the government and saved the country in the darkest of times.

Since Cameron didn't that the tories have lurched to the right and the country has gone to rack and ruin

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:20 - Mar 23 with 1104 viewsfooters

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 08:51 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

What was it about the politically vacuous, self-serving, cowardly liar that you liked so much?

Or maybe that was it.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:24 - Mar 23 with 1094 viewsBlueBadger

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:18 - Mar 23 by Keno

His biggest mistake, and probably the biggest mistake ever made by a politician anywhere ever was not going into the 2nd general election still in the coalition with Nick Clegg.

It was obvious then and even more so now that Clegg that that running the government and saved the country in the darkest of times.

Since Cameron didn't that the tories have lurched to the right and the country has gone to rack and ruin

Clegg's sole job in the coalition was to be a human shield for the latest round of f**ckery thee Tories were unleashing at the time.

They basically admitted it in 2011.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13331612
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 9:25]

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:29 - Mar 23 with 1060 viewsKeno

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:24 - Mar 23 by BlueBadger

Clegg's sole job in the coalition was to be a human shield for the latest round of f**ckery thee Tories were unleashing at the time.

They basically admitted it in 2011.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13331612
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 9:25]

Like lamb's to the slaughter?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:32 - Mar 23 with 1038 viewsChiefXL

Not the only appendage he had in something else.

Allegedly...
This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:34 - Mar 23 with 998 viewslowhouseblue

for this to become big it will need to come out that at least some of cameron's lobbying was secret and has been covered up and / or that the lobbying caused the treasury to do something it wouldn't otherwise have done. cameron is one of the most disastrous pms in recent history so it would be very interesting if one or other were true, but there is no suggestion of either in the current coverage.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:37 - Mar 23 with 992 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:34 - Mar 23 by lowhouseblue

for this to become big it will need to come out that at least some of cameron's lobbying was secret and has been covered up and / or that the lobbying caused the treasury to do something it wouldn't otherwise have done. cameron is one of the most disastrous pms in recent history so it would be very interesting if one or other were true, but there is no suggestion of either in the current coverage.

Wasn't there a suggestion that some of the lobbying took the form of WhatsApp messaging to individuals? Or am I getting that mixed up with the myriad other examples of corruption that have been aired in recent months?

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:40 - Mar 23 with 951 viewslowhouseblue

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:37 - Mar 23 by You_Bloo_Right

Wasn't there a suggestion that some of the lobbying took the form of WhatsApp messaging to individuals? Or am I getting that mixed up with the myriad other examples of corruption that have been aired in recent months?

all i saw was that he used the chancellor's private phone - but that seems to have been properly recorded and seems to have been in the public realm from the first report.

equally the chancellor asked the treasury to look again - but that was done openly and the answer still came back no. i can't see the smoking gun on the basis of what is in the press today.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:46 - Mar 23 with 915 viewsCotty

I think you might be confusing slick presentation (he did come from PR after all) with competence.
This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:48 - Mar 23 with 907 viewshype313

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:40 - Mar 23 by lowhouseblue

all i saw was that he used the chancellor's private phone - but that seems to have been properly recorded and seems to have been in the public realm from the first report.

equally the chancellor asked the treasury to look again - but that was done openly and the answer still came back no. i can't see the smoking gun on the basis of what is in the press today.

Indeed, it sounds like desperation rather than anything sinister.

Old Davey boy got himself in a pickle and thought his clout could bale him out, silly boy.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:48 - Mar 23 with 907 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:40 - Mar 23 by lowhouseblue

Yes I am getting mixed up a bit through Maugham riffing on the Hancock/pub landlord debacle after his thread on Greensill.

What may not be in the public realm are Rishi's answers to Cameron's text messages to his private phone. Whilst it has been reported that "most" went unanswered as Maugham implies "most" is not "all".

Of course this kind of speculation could be nipped in the bud by publishing all of Rishi's replies.

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:52 - Mar 23 with 891 viewsSeablu

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:20 - Mar 23 by footers

What was it about the politically vacuous, self-serving, cowardly liar that you liked so much?

Or maybe that was it.

Nailed it.
The very core of GB’s belief system.
This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:55 - Mar 23 with 877 viewsGuthrum

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:18 - Mar 23 by Keno

Yep. The LDs were his counterbalance to the Conservative right. Unfortunately, he knew he could win and thought he could keep things under control thereafter.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:56 - Mar 23 with 872 viewsRadlett_blue

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:46 - Mar 23 by Cotty

I think you might be confusing slick presentation (he did come from PR after all) with competence.

Indeed. Cameron seemed like a breath of fresh air in comparison to some of the unelectable, old school Tory leaders like Iain Duncan Smith, hence his appeal. He never convinced me that there was much political nous behind the plausible facade & his judgement was found wanting in several key areas, notably Europe. The reality is that he was a typical modern politician - smooth, plausible, but probably believes in very little, a right wing version of Sadiq Khan.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 10:14 - Mar 23 with 834 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:20 - Mar 23 by footers

Or maybe that was it.

I probably saw some plus points in him in the same way you did in the with the IRA supporting, antisemitic, Covid lockdown breaking terrorist sympathiser in your man.

Horses for courses init.

Although I now have buyers remorse. Where as you are still coming over all Tammy Wynette with the absolute boy.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 10:21]

Iron Lion Zion

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 10:21 - Mar 23 with 815 viewsBlueBadger

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 09:46 - Mar 23 by Cotty

And let's face it, as ITFC supporters it's not like we're unfamiliar with THAT..

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 10:24 - Mar 23 with 798 viewsfooters

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 10:14 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

I probably saw some plus points in him in the same way you did in the with the IRA supporting, antisemitic, Covid lockdown breaking terrorist sympathiser in your man.

Horses for courses init.

Although I now have buyers remorse. Where as you are still coming over all Tammy Wynette with the absolute boy.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 10:21]

Yeah, such buyer's remorse that you've been defending Brexit even this morning. Yawn. So disingenuous.

And no, for the record, I always said we need the policies, not the person - so no Tammy Wynette-style blubbing over here.

But you carry on with your cringeworthy pity parties.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 10:29 - Mar 23 with 776 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 10:24 - Mar 23 by footers

Yeah, such buyer's remorse that you've been defending Brexit even this morning. Yawn. So disingenuous.

And no, for the record, I always said we need the policies, not the person - so no Tammy Wynette-style blubbing over here.

But you carry on with your cringeworthy pity parties.

Well that escalated quickly. There is a saying on TWTD, “don’t give it out if you can’t take it”.

Iron Lion Zion

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 10:42 - Mar 23 with 743 viewsSeablu

This is a slow burner that has the potential to get very messy on 10:29 - Mar 23 by GlasgowBlue

Well that escalated quickly. There is a saying on TWTD, “don’t give it out if you can’t take it”.

Or just put everyone who shows you up on the naughty step...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024