Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euston Tap 21:23 - Mar 29 with 2160 viewscatch74

Demolished - being rebuilt. Anyone been recently - any good?

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Euston Tap on 22:58 - Mar 29 with 2061 viewsCoastalblue

I went, dunno, probably 3 or 4 years ago now, it was a weekend afternoon and went with a friend due to a selection of cider which I'm partial to. I enjoyed, didn't realise it was being flattened or what's intended.

Did you know the Taphouse name originates from when Brewerys would have pubs, and tended to call the closest one to the brewery the taphouse.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Euston Tap on 08:09 - Mar 30 with 1958 viewsSteve_M

Not for about 18 months, although I walked past it on Sunday and the building was still very much standing. I presume by 'demolished' they mean the inside has been stripped out.

It is very good, superb range of beers on only 10 minutes from the office for whenever I'm back there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Euston Tap on 08:31 - Mar 30 with 1931 viewsPlums

I assume this is the same outfit that has the Sheffield, Piccadilly and Waterloo taps? A late train is never an issue when there’s a range of nice beers to try...
I haven’t been to the Euston one but imagine it’s the same bunch?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Euston Tap on 09:09 - Mar 30 with 1902 viewsRadlett_blue

Euston Tap on 08:09 - Mar 30 by Steve_M

Not for about 18 months, although I walked past it on Sunday and the building was still very much standing. I presume by 'demolished' they mean the inside has been stripped out.

It is very good, superb range of beers on only 10 minutes from the office for whenever I'm back there.

So does it go against my Law of Pubs, which states that the one nearest to a railway station, particularly a large station, is usually a bad pub?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Euston Tap on 09:35 - Mar 30 with 1875 viewsSteve_M

Euston Tap on 09:09 - Mar 30 by Radlett_blue

So does it go against my Law of Pubs, which states that the one nearest to a railway station, particularly a large station, is usually a bad pub?

It very much does, the Exmouth Arms on Starcross Street - just round the corner - is nice too.

Actually, even The Doric Arch, which is as near to a station pub as there is at Euston, is alright. Possibly because it's a Fullers pub and usually has a good range of beer on.

Euston Tap on 09:39 - Mar 30 with 1862 viewsSomethingBlue

Euston Tap on 09:35 - Mar 30 by Steve_M

It very much does, the Exmouth Arms on Starcross Street - just round the corner - is nice too.

Actually, even The Doric Arch, which is as near to a station pub as there is at Euston, is alright. Possibly because it's a Fullers pub and usually has a good range of beer on.

The misleadingly named Somers Town Coffee House, a couple of minutes away, is decent too. Euston surprisingly good for pubs as you say.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Euston Tap on 09:51 - Mar 30 with 1827 viewscatch74

Euston Tap on 08:09 - Mar 30 by Steve_M

Is there an outside bit? From the pic it looks like they’ve demolished that - which would make sense. Thanks for the info all.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Euston Tap on 11:40 - Mar 30 with 1800 viewsfactual_blue

Unsurprisingly, I can remember the old bus station beyond the arch.

I also remember having my tonsils removed in the nearby Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital.

Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence, A time of confidences
Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Euston Tap on 11:49 - Mar 30 with 1777 viewsSteve_M

Euston Tap on 11:40 - Mar 30 by factual_blue

I also remember having my tonsils removed in the nearby Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital.

And the coming of the railways, back when the trains had to be winched up the hill towards Camden?

Euston Tap on 11:51 - Mar 30 with 1775 viewsfooters

Now I've gone all weepy and on a S&G session. Cheers, facters.

Looking forward to what they're doing to the place. Always a good place to stop for a beer, especially if the weather's nice. I'm still gutted about the Bree Louise after all this time but no use crying over spilt beer, I s'pose.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Euston Tap on 12:18 - Mar 30 with 1741 viewsfactual_blue

Euston Tap on 11:49 - Mar 30 by Steve_M

And the coming of the railways, back when the trains had to be winched up the hill towards Camden?

Reported to the relevant vigilante groups etc.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Euston Tap on 12:24 - Mar 30 with 1728 viewsX0Y0

It's an unloved part of central London. If you ever want a cheap eat 2 minutes from the station (assuming no queue), then Roti King is fantastic.

It will be interesting to see what they manage to do with the layout of the Taphouses. They are great spots in the summer when you can overflow on to the pavement in the evening sun after work, but less good in the winter when the only tables available are cramped upstairs and downwind of the toilets.
Euston Tap on 12:26 - Mar 30 with 1716 viewsstonojnr

Euston Tap on 09:35 - Mar 30 by Steve_M

Yeah but technically the nearest pub is in the station at Euston, the signallers box, which is alright if you like cold expensive fizzy stuff.

The Bree Louise was always my fave pub near Euston,shame it got demolished for HS2 :(

But Afaik they are just rebuilding the outside area at the Euston Tap,because outside areas are going to be key to them making any money till the government drops its obsessive rules on not letting pubs operate as pubs.

Maybe when life is back to normal,the Hackney tap which will be their newest pub when it opens, will be worth checking out
Euston Tap on 17:44 - Mar 30 with 1612 viewshoppy

Was that on Florence Nightingale's watch?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Euston Tap on 17:52 - Mar 30 with 1589 viewsCoastalblue

Euston Tap on 12:24 - Mar 30 by X0Y0

It's an unloved part of central London. If you ever want a cheap eat 2 minutes from the station (assuming no queue), then Roti King is fantastic.

It will be interesting to see what they manage to do with the layout of the Taphouses. They are great spots in the summer when you can overflow on to the pavement in the evening sun after work, but less good in the winter when the only tables available are cramped upstairs and downwind of the toilets.

Thunms up for Roti King, think I've mentioned it on here before, but for a last minute budget dinner it's hard to beat.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Euston Tap on 18:30 - Mar 30 with 1555 viewsStNeotsBlue

The York Tavern at Kings Cross, pre refurbishment, was a spectacular station pub. Graced by every section of society and had a fantastically relaxed attitude towards underage drinking which our group of mid teenage delinquents took full advantage of in the late 80s early 90s.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024