Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish 15:17 - Apr 11 with 1210 viewswkj

I don't fully disagree, but I bet you they'd score more if we had decent wingers.

That, for me, is where most of our attacking movement is the most impotent. Shyte crosses and the occasional movement that slowly drifts in, only to release the ball to an attacker who is already under pressure.

The strikers could be better, but if we're continually crap on the wings, then even the best strikers would have a much lower tally than they'd otherwise be capable of.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 15:24 - Apr 11 with 1159 viewseddiespearitt03

Sears "could of/should of" squared the ball instead of not even getting his shot on target. That epitomizes the kind of quality we have at ITFC. Then another fluffed chance later. We have tried nearly every combination of strikers and we still can,t find a lethal striker who can score goals OR provide the pass for someone else to score. Schoolboy errors.
A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 15:27 - Apr 11 with 1145 viewsHerbivore

We barely create any chances. It's hard to score goals when you don't create.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 15:37 - Apr 11 with 1106 viewswkj

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 15:24 - Apr 11 by eddiespearitt03

Sears "could of/should of" squared the ball instead of not even getting his shot on target. That epitomizes the kind of quality we have at ITFC. Then another fluffed chance later. We have tried nearly every combination of strikers and we still can,t find a lethal striker who can score goals OR provide the pass for someone else to score. Schoolboy errors.

The thing is, historically Sears can score good goals (when he's at his best, which is a lottery these days), Norwood scored routinely for Tranmere, Jackson scored 16 iin 45 apps for Stanley.

I am not making excuses or Sears - you are quite right- but Jackson and Norwood should be capable of scoring more than they do. Norwood is the better of the bunch. I am not denying the fact that we could do with better strikers - but Ward was boll(cks yesterday, and Edwards had one of his better game - but still not good enough.

Just look at how MKD attacked us yesterday - they would usually move the ball out wide, with one player, and then move it across the edge of the box. Crossing if they could. So many teams do this to us as well. Holy put in a few good saves yesterday, but that is where we usually fall down - balls played quick to the inside on the edge of the box.

Instead we get the ball out wide, and a player from the middle joins our wingers - we end up with a bunch of opposition players closing down as we fart arse around with the ball - and then it inevitably goes out for a throw in, or occasionally a corner. We're crap at those too it seems.

Our wingers are shocking and have as much a part to blame in the goal situation, possibly more so than the strikers do.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 15:48 - Apr 11 with 1066 viewsjayessess

The forwards - that is the wide players and the strikers - are bad as a unit and individually. The strikers might score more if the wingers were better. The wingers might get more crosses in if the strikers were better at linking play. More of those crosses might find their mark if the strikers' had better movement or won more headers. The midfielders might get into more attacking positions if any of our forwards could hold the ball up better.

It's a rich tapestry of bad attacking play.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 16:03 - Apr 11 with 1031 viewsPositivelyPortman

Don’t even bother mentioning our ‘star midfielders’ inability to tackle or pass the ball.
IMHO they are a bigger problem than the wingers and full backs are in an attacking sense.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 16:06 - Apr 11 with 1019 viewsnoggin

Let's be honest, we are pretty poor in every position.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 17:24 - Apr 11 with 938 viewstextbackup

Just another case of them all waiting for someone else to do it

Strikers thinking ‘well I haven’t got the service’

Make it happen!

Only ones not letting the side down are the defence at present

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 17:29 - Apr 11 with 916 viewsGlasgowBlue

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 15:27 - Apr 11 by Herbivore

And on the rare occasion that we do, there is no one in the box to get on the end of them.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 19:10 - Apr 11 with 852 viewsParky

This 100%. I can’t remember the last time one of our strikers scored a tap-in created by a midfielder.
A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 19:14 - Apr 11 with 847 viewshaynes_toe1

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 15:27 - Apr 11 by Herbivore

Exactly. Our forwards are probably 'decent' for this level but they're not exceptional so they're not going to regularly create chances out of nothing from individual ability.

Supplying them has been a major problem all season and was one of the reasons I was disappointed Cook persisted with 3 behind a striker when none of our 3 have been able to work together or independently effectively whatsoever.
A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 20:58 - Apr 11 with 756 viewsArnieM

A dominant and creative midfield wouldn’t go amiss in terms of having “ efficient “ strikers either !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 22:59 - Apr 11 with 673 viewsSamWhiteUK

A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 15:24 - Apr 11 by eddiespearitt03

Have, have
A lot of talk about our strikers being rubish on 23:14 - Apr 11 with 637 viewsKidKlugs

make them watch hammers v foxes game today on loop
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024