Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dont hold back Paul 11:44 - Apr 23 with 2130 viewschrismakin

Lol. I'm going for a 0 tomorrow.

So now weve heard it from the gaffa himself the players don't care if they win or lose. And people wonder why he cant get a tune out of them ontop of contract situations etc.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Dont hold back Paul on 11:50 - Apr 23 with 2087 viewsGarv

That's probably the most damning statement yet.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Dont hold back Paul on 11:53 - Apr 23 with 2063 viewschrismakin

Dont hold back Paul on 11:50 - Apr 23 by Garv

That's probably the most damning statement yet.

Plus... this is him biting his lip..... what else is there he could tell us!!

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Dont hold back Paul on 11:55 - Apr 23 with 2059 viewsBLUEBEAT

Wow.

We’ve known this for a long time but still kind of surprised Cook has stated it with (albeit pointless) games to go.

The wasters won’t raise their game in response, they will capitulate further.

I really hope he knows what players he wants in the Summer and the owners back him. Could be a very exciting Summer, or a horrifying one!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 11:56]

Poll: W or W

Dont hold back Paul on 11:55 - Apr 23 with 2053 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm glad of the honesty - thrown under a bus or not I don't care regardless of whether he said he wouldn't do it . Fans deserve to know the player's mindset and thoughts about winning and losing.

They've for the most , brought this on themselves with the "cushy number" they've allowed themselves to work with - easiest route gets least favourable result most of the time

Good riddance

Poll: If it were one or the other

Dont hold back Paul on 12:05 - Apr 23 with 1996 viewschrismakin

Dont hold back Paul on 11:55 - Apr 23 by Metal_Hacker

I'm glad of the honesty - thrown under a bus or not I don't care regardless of whether he said he wouldn't do it . Fans deserve to know the player's mindset and thoughts about winning and losing.

They've for the most , brought this on themselves with the "cushy number" they've allowed themselves to work with - easiest route gets least favourable result most of the time

Good riddance

Its only fair hes able to do that. When you've got posters questioning his man management skills etc he has every right to tell us the truth about what hes having to try and manage.

Dont hold back Paul on 12:05 - Apr 23 with 1997 viewspointofblue

Dont hold back Paul on 11:55 - Apr 23 by Metal_Hacker

Good riddance

“I don’t throw players under the bus, I don’t throw players under the bus, I don’t throw players under the bus”

Throws players under the bus.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s intriguing to hear this and out season is dead with mass changes coming but it’ll be interesting to see how the rump who stay in the summer will react to him now and he could just be honest that he DOES throw players under the bus.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Dont hold back Paul on 12:08 - Apr 23 with 1973 viewschrismakin

Dont hold back Paul on 12:05 - Apr 23 by pointofblue

“I don’t throw players under the bus, I don’t throw players under the bus, I don’t throw players under the bus”

Throws players under the bus.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s intriguing to hear this and out season is dead with mass changes coming but it’ll be interesting to see how the rump who stay in the summer will react to him now and he could just be honest that he DOES throw players under the bus.

Hes not spoken about individuals. Which I'm guessing he could quite easily do.

Dont hold back Paul on 12:08 - Apr 23 with 1967 viewspointofblue

Dont hold back Paul on 12:08 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

And I assume the rump who remain will be ones he feels he can trust.

Login to get fewer ads

Dont hold back Paul on 12:10 - Apr 23 with 1937 viewschrismakin

Dont hold back Paul on 12:08 - Apr 23 by pointofblue

And I assume the rump who remain will be ones he feels he can trust.

The lucky 3

( I could see it being 3 in all honesty
Kvy
Downes
Dozzell

Dont hold back Paul on 12:11 - Apr 23 with 1924 viewspointofblue

Dont hold back Paul on 12:10 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

The lucky 3

( I could see it being 3 in all honesty
Kvy
Downes
Dozzell

Add Woolfenden and I’d agree, as he’s praised him in press conferences recently.

ETA - And Nydam too!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 12:11]

Dont hold back Paul on 12:11 - Apr 23 with 1917 viewsMetal_Hacker

Dont hold back Paul on 12:08 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

Not overly bothered because they deserve it

In this instance one size fits all . You win as a team and lose as a team

Do they deserve any better ? Nope !!

Personally I think PC has been pretty patient .

Poll: If it were one or the other

Dont hold back Paul on 12:12 - Apr 23 with 1912 viewschrismakin

Dont hold back Paul on 12:11 - Apr 23 by pointofblue

Add Woolfenden and I’d agree, as he’s praised him in press conferences recently.

ETA - And Nydam too!
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 12:11]

I forgot Ndyam

Dont hold back Paul on 12:13 - Apr 23 with 1905 viewsSwansea_Blue

I'm expecting to see a small improvement, so I reckon we'll get 2. Shots on target that is. I still can't see us scoring an actual real life goal though.

Funny old game innit. I'm old enough to remember when everyone reckoned we had a really easy run in.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Dont hold back Paul on 12:15 - Apr 23 with 1884 viewschrismakin

Dont hold back Paul on 12:13 - Apr 23 by Swansea_Blue

I'm expecting to see a small improvement, so I reckon we'll get 2. Shots on target that is. I still can't see us scoring an actual real life goal though.

Funny old game innit. I'm old enough to remember when everyone reckoned we had a really easy run in.

Imagine taking on a side in 7th with that run in and getting the shower of shte offered by the players hrough it.

Dont hold back Paul on 12:17 - Apr 23 with 1879 viewsGuthrum

The players have just spent a couple of years under a manager who repeatedly said he was the same with victory or defeat, never got too up or too down. Perhaps that approach has simply become deeply embedded in the squad.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dont hold back Paul on 12:17 - Apr 23 with 1871 viewsDanTheMan

Yeah, he's really letting loose now.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Dont hold back Paul on 12:19 - Apr 23 with 1863 viewspointofblue

Dont hold back Paul on 12:15 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

Imagine taking on a side in 7th with that run in and getting the shower of shte offered by the players hrough it.

Will still say the issues run far deeper than the players simply not care but won’t derail another thread about that.

Dont hold back Paul on 12:19 - Apr 23 with 1859 viewspointofblue

Dont hold back Paul on 12:17 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

The players have just spent a couple of years under a manager who repeatedly said he was the same with victory or defeat, never got too up or too down. Perhaps that approach has simply become deeply embedded in the squad.

To be fair, didn’t Mick say the same thing?

Dont hold back Paul on 12:38 - Apr 23 with 1780 viewschrismakin

Dont hold back Paul on 12:19 - Apr 23 by pointofblue

Will still say the issues run far deeper than the players simply not care but won’t derail another thread about that.

I get what you're saying. But even PC has said they dont mol. Of course they'll be various reasons for it. But to hear it from the manager himself is incredible.

Dont hold back Paul on 12:45 - Apr 23 with 1757 viewspointofblue

Dont hold back Paul on 12:38 - Apr 23 by chrismakin

I get what you're saying. But even PC has said they dont mol. Of course they'll be various reasons for it. But to hear it from the manager himself is incredible.

If we had any doubts that Cook his wiping his hands of the squad and the season then this is it, unless this is one last ditch attempt to kick them into gear and see what happens. It’s just obvious there is a horrific atmosphere around the club now where everyone is feeling drained, exasperated and close to, if not already, giving in - which is most certainly not how it was after Accrington away.

Dont hold back Paul on 12:54 - Apr 23 with 1711 viewsChurchman

No, don’t hold back Paul. Mediocrity has been all over this club for years. McGoldrick and others have pointed to it years ago. Rotten to the core. It’s hardly surprising many of the players don’t want to know. The rug has just been pulled on their comfort zone.

Cook is really saying little we couldn’t see with our own eyes. For those who want him out, what do you think his replacement is going to do? Pat them on the head, try every formation, give them both barrels then head for the door with a boot up the rear end after another 12 games? If winning or losing makes no difference to these players, nothing will apart from a change of scenery.

Everybody works under pressure. If controlled, it’s a good thing. I don’t think our players have felt any pressure all the time they’ve been here. To use a well used phrase on here, they’ve had a free hit. Season after season. Well paid to do what? Warm the treatment table, play a bit of golf, amble about a pitch now and again, jog a little in training, hide amongst 44 other, week or two off with a red card. It’s been a ball and the best bit is that the manager gets all the grief. No wonder the players are fed up. The gravy train is ending.
Dont hold back Paul on 12:55 - Apr 23 with 1690 viewsGuthrum

Dont hold back Paul on 12:19 - Apr 23 by pointofblue

To be fair, didn’t Mick say the same thing?

If so, then it just means the culture has been in place even longer.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Dont hold back Paul on 13:27 - Apr 23 with 1601 viewspointofblue

Dont hold back Paul on 12:55 - Apr 23 by Guthrum

If so, then it just means the culture has been in place even longer.

And when Hurst came in and didn’t think they were working hard enough it all ended sourly. The difference is I trust Cook far more in the transfer market than I do Hurst.

The interesting thing about all of this is Wigan and Portsmouth fans both said he was great with the players and kept their spirits up when things were going wrong (especially for the former when they went on a horrific run at the start of the season) - this time he just seems to be lashing out continuously.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024