Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon 13:57 - May 8 with 1690 viewsitfcpaul

thoughts?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 13:58 - May 8 with 1667 viewsJ2BLUE

They'll either be Championship players or we expect them to sell to a rival?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 13:59 - May 8 with 1658 viewsMB26

There's already plenty of chatter regarding Bannan going to Middlesbrough.

Reach seems to blow hot and cold so he'd fit right in I guess.

I've seen a lot of people wanting Chey Dunkley due to past links with Cook at Wigan. Haven't seen anything today that makes me want to even consider signing him.
Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:02 - May 8 with 1636 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 13:59 - May 8 by MB26

There's already plenty of chatter regarding Bannan going to Middlesbrough.

Reach seems to blow hot and cold so he'd fit right in I guess.

I've seen a lot of people wanting Chey Dunkley due to past links with Cook at Wigan. Haven't seen anything today that makes me want to even consider signing him.

Dunkley looks average. Gannon looks ok. Reach has looked good today not seen much from Windass though

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:04 - May 8 with 1619 viewsMB26

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:02 - May 8 by itfcpaul

Dunkley looks average. Gannon looks ok. Reach has looked good today not seen much from Windass though

Dunkley has played like Toto on a bad day and is acting like Teflon when he's clearly made mistakes which have almost and have cost goals in this game.
Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:07 - May 8 with 1596 viewsChurchman

None of the players are overly impressing me tbh. 31 and 28, best years behind them, starring for relegation fodder. It’s a no from me.

Poor standard, great game.
[Post edited 8 May 2021 19:07]
Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:13 - May 8 with 1569 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:02 - May 8 by itfcpaul

Bannon never gives up does he

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:15 - May 8 with 1559 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:04 - May 8 by MB26

Dunkley has played like Toto on a bad day and is acting like Teflon when he's clearly made mistakes which have almost and have cost goals in this game.

Dunkley. awful

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:18 - May 8 with 1543 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thoughts:

are they out of contract and hence what is their availability?

Would these two not be exactly the same typical signings that have failed for us for so long now? Players who may look very good on their day, who are now past their best and are unlikely to perform well more than a few times in a season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:21 - May 8 with 1523 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:18 - May 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Thoughts:

are they out of contract and hence what is their availability?

Would these two not be exactly the same typical signings that have failed for us for so long now? Players who may look very good on their day, who are now past their best and are unlikely to perform well more than a few times in a season.

Bannon has been a standout player for years

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:46 - May 8 with 1469 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:21 - May 8 by itfcpaul

Bannon has been a standout player for years

That was my point.

A very good player in the past. Now a relegation level player on the downward slope of his career.

He would be an upgrade on Edwards, I am sure. But what we need going forward? No.

Why would he leave Sheffield Wednesday who will be favourites for promotion and where he is settled and already the number one key player to join us? How much would that cost us and couldn't we do better with that money?

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:50 - May 8 with 1434 viewsitfcpaul

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:46 - May 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

That was my point.

A very good player in the past. Now a relegation level player on the downward slope of his career.

He would be an upgrade on Edwards, I am sure. But what we need going forward? No.

Why would he leave Sheffield Wednesday who will be favourites for promotion and where he is settled and already the number one key player to join us? How much would that cost us and couldn't we do better with that money?

in what world do you live in where they are favourites?

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 18:56 - May 8 with 1080 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 14:50 - May 8 by itfcpaul

in what world do you live in where they are favourites?

Do you realise they would have stayed up had they not had a points deduction this season?

Of course, if they lose most of their squad and if you are telling me Reach and Bannan are out of contract that may not help them (then again, maybe clearing them out and replacing with better could be helpful) they might not be seen as favourites. However, the better supported clubs who come down from the Championship usually are among the favourites. We might not have been when we did because we had actually finished cut adrift at the bottom rather than only getting relegated by conceding an equaliser on the final day.

I would not be surprised to see the bookies put Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday as promotion favourites for next season. That is not the same as expecting them to go up.

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 20:19 - May 8 with 888 viewsBent_double

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 18:56 - May 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you realise they would have stayed up had they not had a points deduction this season?

Of course, if they lose most of their squad and if you are telling me Reach and Bannan are out of contract that may not help them (then again, maybe clearing them out and replacing with better could be helpful) they might not be seen as favourites. However, the better supported clubs who come down from the Championship usually are among the favourites. We might not have been when we did because we had actually finished cut adrift at the bottom rather than only getting relegated by conceding an equaliser on the final day.

I would not be surprised to see the bookies put Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday as promotion favourites for next season. That is not the same as expecting them to go up.

Not that is really matters, but happy for others to see them as favourites - keeps the spotlight and pressure off us at least.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 20:38 - May 8 with 852 viewshaynes_toe1

Why would they leave a team only relegated due to a points deduction for a team thats spent two seasons midtable in League One? What planet are some people on?

I also think with the rumoured big changes this summer the last thing we need is to also have to get a load of our new signings over a relegation hangover.
Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 21:00 - May 8 with 809 viewsbluejacko

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 20:38 - May 8 by haynes_toe1

Why would they leave a team only relegated due to a points deduction for a team thats spent two seasons midtable in League One? What planet are some people on?

I also think with the rumoured big changes this summer the last thing we need is to also have to get a load of our new signings over a relegation hangover.

Yet another positive post (not)
I am quite sureCook already has his targets firmly in his sights and has discussed them with the chairman/CEO.
Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 21:05 - May 8 with 798 viewshaynes_toe1

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 21:00 - May 8 by bluejacko

I am quite sureCook already has his targets firmly in his sights and has discussed them with the chairman/CEO.

I suspect most of Cooks signings won't be 30+ year old recently relegated players.

So yes, if you bother to think about it, my post was actually positive.
Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 22:48 - May 8 with 706 viewsitfctilidie

Sign Adam Reach and Barry Bannon on 21:00 - May 8 by bluejacko

I would hope it has gone further than chats with the chairman and I would imagine discussions with targets have been had. I am expecting an influx of announcements over the next couple of weeks
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024