Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season 17:14 - May 8 with 1668 viewsBeyriey

Sheffield Wednesday, Rotherham, Cambridge, Bolton, and potentially Sunderland and Portsmouth.

Ipswich better be up for the task next season. They'll be a couple of decent teams vying for the top spots!
Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 17:16 - May 8 with 1643 viewswellsy700

I wonder if we might have a look at Cambridge’s Paul Mullin. 32 goals and out of contract this summer

NZ Blue
Poll: Who stays? Who goes?

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 17:18 - May 8 with 1625 viewswkj

Rotherham will be in the hunt, but not dominant, and Wednesday will struggle next season unless something significant happens this summer. I expect Bolton to do well without challenging the top.

Sunderland will likely be the trend setters in the league with Portsmouth also buzzing around the top spots. I think Cambridge will be the surprise package next year and may find themselves challenging for the playoffs.

As for ITFC, that is anyone's guess - we have no clue who the spine of our team will be next year - just blind trust that Cook can build, gel and perform with a team that could see as many as 8 first team spots up for grab and no-one to fill them until the window opens.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 17:27 - May 8 with 1572 viewsBeyriey

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 17:16 - May 8 by wellsy700

I wonder if we might have a look at Cambridge’s Paul Mullin. 32 goals and out of contract this summer

Lives with James Norwood as well, and is only 26. He'd be a terrific signing.
Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 17:29 - May 8 with 1549 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 17:27 - May 8 by Beyriey

Lives with James Norwood as well, and is only 26. He'd be a terrific signing.

And could potentially keep Norwood out of the side.
Or vice versa.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 18:47 - May 8 with 1375 viewsgainsboroughblue

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 17:18 - May 8 by wkj

Rotherham will be in the hunt, but not dominant, and Wednesday will struggle next season unless something significant happens this summer. I expect Bolton to do well without challenging the top.

Sunderland will likely be the trend setters in the league with Portsmouth also buzzing around the top spots. I think Cambridge will be the surprise package next year and may find themselves challenging for the playoffs.

As for ITFC, that is anyone's guess - we have no clue who the spine of our team will be next year - just blind trust that Cook can build, gel and perform with a team that could see as many as 8 first team spots up for grab and no-one to fill them until the window opens.

Potential omen alert.

Thirty years ago. Cambridge promoted into our division. Manager in his second season (albeit hasn't been here very long in this one) following a poor league finish takes us up as champions.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 19:19 - May 8 with 1298 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We need to be better than the other teams, it is as simple as that.

You could easily have listed the following as making it a tough league next season:

Wycombe, Lincoln, Blackpool, Oxford, Accrington and Charlton.

It is whoever performs on the pitch that will be the ones to do better than, not who has the bigger reputation. Finishing ahead of Sunderland and Portsmouth has not guaranteed anyone promotion in any of the past 3 seasons.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 20:02 - May 8 with 1200 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 19:19 - May 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

We need to be better than the other teams, it is as simple as that.

You could easily have listed the following as making it a tough league next season:

Wycombe, Lincoln, Blackpool, Oxford, Accrington and Charlton.

It is whoever performs on the pitch that will be the ones to do better than, not who has the bigger reputation. Finishing ahead of Sunderland and Portsmouth has not guaranteed anyone promotion in any of the past 3 seasons.

Agreed. Too many people make judgements based on some clubs having been 'big' 10-20 years ago, rather than the utter mess some of them are actually in.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 21:03 - May 8 with 1061 viewsxrayspecs

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 17:16 - May 8 by wellsy700

No
8 seasons in Div 2 and this is the first time he has got to double figures. We need to be aiming much higher than this. Kayden Jackson has a better record than Mullins.
Login to get fewer ads

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 21:30 - May 8 with 1000 viewsThe_Last_Baron

It will be tough but I can't see much excitement on the League One horizon. A terrible standard of football.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Could be an exciting/tough looking League One next season on 21:39 - May 8 with 977 viewsTractorchef

Should hopefully mean some big gates with decent away followings!
There are a lot lot more teams than that.... on 21:42 - May 8 with 967 viewsunstableblue

Oxford, potentially Blackpool, Lincoln, Charlton, Wycombe

Investment coming into Wigan

Going to be a massive challenge

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024