Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armando Dobra 08:30 - May 10 with 1476 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Starting to feel he's made that wide right role his own now and could well start next season in the team in that role.

Dobra & KVY down the right sounds good.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Armando Dobra on 08:39 - May 10 with 1414 viewsIpswichKnight

He makes things happen but he still does a good Bennetts impression at times, we have to temper expectations a bit he is still learning his trade and will have games where he will be anonymous and make bad decisions. That said last 2 games has shown what he can do and with experience and decent coaching he will start getting more attention from premier league and top European clubs.
Armando Dobra on 08:42 - May 10 with 1389 viewsGlasgowBlue

He was fantastic yesterday and has a massive future in the game.

However he’s still very raw and I get the feeling Cook will want more experience in the team. He’d be in my squad every game next season but I don’t see him starting more than 10 games.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Armando Dobra on 08:46 - May 10 with 1367 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Armando Dobra on 08:42 - May 10 by GlasgowBlue

He was fantastic yesterday and has a massive future in the game.

However he’s still very raw and I get the feeling Cook will want more experience in the team. He’d be in my squad every game next season but I don’t see him starting more than 10 games.

I do agree, I think Cook will sign wingers too, but I have a feeling Dobra will be rewarded for stepping up, taking his chance and impressing for how he's finished the season if he returns to pre season with the right attitude - which I feel he will.

He's a forward thinking, fearless, exciting footballer. It's what Cook wants.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Armando Dobra on 08:48 - May 10 with 1348 viewsDarth_Koont

Yes – he’s generally got better with games which is good to see.

I think a lot of that is down to the team as a whole. Even with the same problems in and around the penalty area, there have been some signs that the team as a whole is getting to grips with Cook’s formation and approach.

That narrowish three behind the lone striker will suit our players. Players like Dobra, Lankester and El Mizouni aren’t wide men in the conventional sense and want to play inside. Also gives licence and space to KVY and Kenlock to get forward.

And let’s be honest, we’ve really struggled to get wingers to work over the past decade or more.

Pronouns: He/Him

Armando Dobra on 09:02 - May 10 with 1268 viewsGuthrum

He's dogged and won't give up even lost causes. He also has pace and a fair bit of skill, but it's that determination which is his most appealing trait.

The disadvantages are that he is physically small and, as others have said, still quite raw. Hopefully, the one can be worked around and the other will get better with experience.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Armando Dobra on 09:09 - May 10 with 1216 viewshoppy

Armando Dobra on 09:02 - May 10 by Guthrum

He's dogged and won't give up even lost causes. He also has pace and a fair bit of skill, but it's that determination which is his most appealing trait.

The disadvantages are that he is physically small and, as others have said, still quite raw. Hopefully, the one can be worked around and the other will get better with experience.

The other positive is he seems to have matured a bit, and looks as though he may be more controlled and channeling that spark in a good way rather than tempestuous outbursts of red mist.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Armando Dobra on 09:15 - May 10 with 1168 viewsGuthrum

Armando Dobra on 09:09 - May 10 by hoppy

The other positive is he seems to have matured a bit, and looks as though he may be more controlled and channeling that spark in a good way rather than tempestuous outbursts of red mist.

Will always remember him beating his fists upon the back of that huge Accrington player before getting sent off, like a midget battling a giant.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Armando Dobra on 09:16 - May 10 with 1151 viewsMrTown

He is still very raw.

However he always looks get the ball and make things happen, and you can't fault that. Has played well in the last two games which is good to see.

Will be involved more next year I am sure, and has the capability to fill any of the 3 roles behind the striker.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Armando Dobra on 10:04 - May 10 with 971 viewsxrayspecs

Sorry, I do not agree.

I think he has improved a lot over the season but has some way to go to be a guaranteed starter. I agree that he could contribute a lot to the team next season, I see this being more from the bench than starting games.
Armando Dobra on 10:57 - May 10 with 812 viewstractor_lady

Armando Dobra on 09:02 - May 10 by Guthrum

I have to say though for his small stature he is very strong and doesn’t often get out muscled which is positive! Saw him play in the u23 cup thing before lockdown I think against Spurs and he stood out then so it’s great to see him mature and progress even if he is still a little raw.
Armando Dobra on 12:54 - May 10 with 674 viewschrismakin

Funny situation with Dobra.

You want to send him to a league 1 side for a season to really develop him. Then remember you are also a league 1 side..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Armando Dobra on 13:01 - May 10 with 617 viewscatch74

Armando Dobra on 12:54 - May 10 by chrismakin

Funny situation with Dobra.

You want to send him to a league 1 side for a season to really develop him. Then remember you are also a league 1 side..

I see Dozzell’s season this year as his loan in L1.
In hindsight, with the mess of a year a loan spell for Dobra would have been sensible.
He could easily have played the whole season here though, rather than using Judge, Jackson, Sears then Bennetts etc When given a bit of game time he’s shown he would have performed better than all those mentioned in the wide position.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Armando Dobra on 13:05 - May 10 with 595 viewschrismakin

Armando Dobra on 13:01 - May 10 by catch74

I see Dozzell’s season this year as his loan in L1.
In hindsight, with the mess of a year a loan spell for Dobra would have been sensible.
He could easily have played the whole season here though, rather than using Judge, Jackson, Sears then Bennetts etc When given a bit of game time he’s shown he would have performed better than all those mentioned in the wide position.

I felt he tried to hard when coming off the bench and looked lost. But recently we have seen what he offers. One to defo nurture. Sign on longer deal as he for me reminds me of Ambrose ( just need to get him shooting.

With Andre. We have seen snippets of his ability to be able to play the PC way. Get him turning forwards when receiving the ball and you have a different player.
[Post edited 10 May 2021 13:07]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Armando Dobra on 13:07 - May 10 with 575 viewsclive_baker

He needs to play senior games, one way or another that's what needs to happen for his development. It's a shame he didn't go out on loan and play 30-40 times this season IMO and I thought as much at the time. A couple of starts in these dead rubbers is better than nothing, but he needs to play week in, week out. It's the only way that decision making and end product will improve is if he's playing proper football.

I like him, he's raw and fearless and not afraid to lose the ball. He's unpredictable and tries to make things happen, he definitely brings something that we don't have a lot of in the squad.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024