Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeffers 21:55 - May 11 with 3742 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Jeffers on 22:03 - May 11 with 2990 viewsjaykay

someone hasn't been reading the threads

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Jeffers on 22:04 - May 11 with 2969 viewsBryanPlug

Jeffers on 22:03 - May 11 by jaykay

someone hasn't been reading the threads

[content removed at owner's request]

Jeffers on 22:28 - May 11 with 2770 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Drives a Ford fiesta and needed 3 months to pay a £700 fine.

Sounds like he must've had some financial issues.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jeffers on 22:33 - May 11 with 2740 viewsjaykay

Jeffers on 22:04 - May 11 by BryanPlug

this thread it mentioned at least 4 times
Anyone else worrying… by chicoazul 11 May 2021 17:19
…the club will have a Keane-style brain fart and get rid of Klug?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Jeffers on 22:39 - May 11 with 2661 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2287850/

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Jeffers on 23:06 - May 11 with 2506 viewspointofblue

I’m divided with what to do with my season ticket reimbursement - if we hire Jeffers I’m definitely not leaving it with the club.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Jeffers on 23:09 - May 11 with 2480 viewsFixed_It

Jeffers on 23:06 - May 11 by pointofblue

I’m divided with what to do with my season ticket reimbursement - if we hire Jeffers I’m definitely not leaving it with the club.

Really? Oh well. Your choice - but I fail to see the connection.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Jeffers on 23:11 - May 11 with 2472 viewspointofblue

Jeffers on 23:09 - May 11 by Fixed_It

Really? Oh well. Your choice - but I fail to see the connection.

I think the rumours are he’d be an Under 23 or Under 18 coach so involved with the academy? May have crossed wires with that though!

Login to get fewer ads

Jeffers on 23:15 - May 11 with 2453 viewsFixed_It

Jeffers on 23:11 - May 11 by pointofblue

I think the rumours are he’d be an Under 23 or Under 18 coach so involved with the academy? May have crossed wires with that though!

No. He is Everton's U23 coach. He is linked with a role with our senior team. Hopefully teaching them how to score goals.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Jeffers on 23:23 - May 11 with 2396 viewspointofblue

Jeffers on 23:15 - May 11 by Fixed_It

No. He is Everton's U23 coach. He is linked with a role with our senior team. Hopefully teaching them how to score goals.

I think we’ve given up on teaching that and just bringing in different players instead.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:36 - May 11 with 2356 viewsFixed_It

Jeffers on 23:11 - May 11 by pointofblue

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Jeffers on 00:08 - May 12 with 2256 viewsTieDyedIn95

We've had worse on the books though, probably when you had a ST. Adam Tanner, Gary Croft, Jimmy Bullard, Chopra... Norwood...

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Jeffers on 00:10 - May 12 with 2256 viewspointofblue

Jeffers on 00:08 - May 12 by TieDyedIn95

We've had worse on the books though, probably when you had a ST. Adam Tanner, Gary Croft, Jimmy Bullard, Chopra... Norwood...

Troublemakers, layabouts or yes law breakers but did any of them threaten their ex saying she’ll end up in a coffin?

Jeffers on 05:29 - May 12 with 1862 viewsBryanPlug

Jeffers on 06:05 - May 12 with 1777 viewsstiff_talking

Jeffers on 05:29 - May 12 by BryanPlug

Does he like Cheese ?
Jeffers on 06:12 - May 12 with 1755 viewsWD19

Jeffers on 06:05 - May 12 by stiff_talking

Does he like Cheese ?

He looks like a cheese strings kind of man.

Hopefully we are just hiring him for a day to drive Roberts back up north.
Jeffers on 06:16 - May 12 with 1753 viewsBudapestByBlimp

A wrong 'un or someone who has mental health issues and needs support through the tougher times in life? I see some have already made up their minds on this.
Jeffers on 06:18 - May 12 with 1731 viewsWD19

Jeffers on 06:16 - May 12 by BudapestByBlimp

A wrong 'un or someone who has mental health issues and needs support through the tougher times in life? I see some have already made up their minds on this.

There are nearly 8 billion people in the world. Are you saying that out of those he would be your prime choice to be part of our management team?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 6:19]
Jeffers on 06:31 - May 12 with 1682 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Jeffers on 06:18 - May 12 by WD19

There are nearly 8 billion people in the world. Are you saying that out of those he would be your prime choice to be part of our management team?
[Post edited 12 May 2021 6:19]

No, I haven't said that. I'm undecided - never met the man, don't know what he's like, don't know if he's a good coach etc. I'm sure Paul Cook has met him and is aware of his past. Some people have already made a judgement on him from a couple of newspaper headlines. Could it be that his marriage was falling apart and he had mental health problems during that period (as have lots of people under similar stress)? Maybe he is a wrong 'un - maybe he has a long history of this sort of thing that I'm not aware of - if you've got information then I'd be happy to look at it.
Jeffers on 06:36 - May 12 with 1653 viewsWD19

Jeffers on 06:31 - May 12 by BudapestByBlimp

No, I haven't said that. I'm undecided - never met the man, don't know what he's like, don't know if he's a good coach etc. I'm sure Paul Cook has met him and is aware of his past. Some people have already made a judgement on him from a couple of newspaper headlines. Could it be that his marriage was falling apart and he had mental health problems during that period (as have lots of people under similar stress)? Maybe he is a wrong 'un - maybe he has a long history of this sort of thing that I'm not aware of - if you've got information then I'd be happy to look at it.

“If injury and Arsenal’s squad depth were out of his control, the third factor that stopped his Arsenal career before it ever really started was not. Since his early days at Everton, Jeffers’ attitude had been questioned. His apparent problems had reached a peak when he demanded a new contract and, upon Everton’s rejection, handed in a transfer request. Walter Smith, his manager at Everton, wasn’t happy and told Jeffers to “get out of my office before I kill you.” It was the same at Arsenal, with one Arsenal source, quoted in the Evening Standard in 2004, describing Jeffers as a “cocky upstart” and “not as good as he thinks he is.” For Jeffers, this was all part of a cause-and-effect problem, “I was out, partying, living life — tossing it off in training because I always thought I wouldn’t play Saturday anyway.”
Jeffers on 06:40 - May 12 with 1636 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Jeffers on 06:36 - May 12 by WD19

“If injury and Arsenal’s squad depth were out of his control, the third factor that stopped his Arsenal career before it ever really started was not. Since his early days at Everton, Jeffers’ attitude had been questioned. His apparent problems had reached a peak when he demanded a new contract and, upon Everton’s rejection, handed in a transfer request. Walter Smith, his manager at Everton, wasn’t happy and told Jeffers to “get out of my office before I kill you.” It was the same at Arsenal, with one Arsenal source, quoted in the Evening Standard in 2004, describing Jeffers as a “cocky upstart” and “not as good as he thinks he is.” For Jeffers, this was all part of a cause-and-effect problem, “I was out, partying, living life — tossing it off in training because I always thought I wouldn’t play Saturday anyway.”

Fair point - as I said I only knew of the two recent incidents.
Jeffers on 07:00 - May 12 with 1550 viewsBryanPlug

Jeffers on 06:16 - May 12 by BudapestByBlimp

Jeffers on 07:23 - May 12 with 1454 viewscressi

Firstly the two may be related
He may have being married yrs it goes tits up and sends him over the edge and he goes off the rails who are we to judge. Obviously Everton knew more of the circumstances than we do and he may well be a very good coach so I say never judge until you know all the facts.
Jeffers on 07:43 - May 12 with 1358 viewsITFCBlues

Not that I condone what he's done. It's awful quite frankly and completely unacceptable. But people deserve 2nd chances in life. Who knows what was happening in his life at those times to react how he did.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Jeffers on 07:45 - May 12 with 1336 viewsDanTheMan

Jeffers on 07:43 - May 12 by ITFCBlues

Not that I condone what he's done. It's awful quite frankly and completely unacceptable. But people deserve 2nd chances in life. Who knows what was happening in his life at those times to react how he did.

Surely it'd be third chance, given the drink driving and threatening to kill his wife were two separate incidents?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024