Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! 23:38 - Jun 23 with 2348 viewsSitfcB

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/june/-derby-county/

In addition, the Club has also been ordered to file restated accounts for financial years ending 30 June 2016, 2017 and 2018 that meet the requirements of FRS102, together with updated Profit & Sustainability calculations if necessary.

Both Derby County and the EFL have the right to appeal that sanction decision.

That being the case, ahead of the publication of the 2021/22 season fixture lists on 24 June at 9am, the EFL can confirm that it has developed an interchangeable fixture list for Derby County and Wycombe Wanderers, while the disciplinary process is finalised.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 23:47 - Jun 23 with 2266 viewsOldsmoker

Oh the humanity!

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 23:50 - Jun 23 with 2251 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Another big bump in the road to promotion if Derby get relegated!
Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 03:58 - Jun 24 with 2044 viewsIllinoisblue

Surely unprecedented to produce two different sets of fixtures. Statement didn’t mention what deadline Derby have to produce the updated accounts - assume that is the trigger for any further action.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 06:41 - Jun 24 with 1849 viewsArnieM

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 23:50 - Jun 23 by BtreeBlueBlood

Another big bump in the road to promotion if Derby get relegated!

I doubt it . If they get relegated that club will implode and a mass exodus of players will ensue as the rats jump a sinking ship . That club won’t know what’s hit it . You think they’ll take league one by storm do you ? Lol , won’t happen. It’d actually be better if they came down and not league one hardened Wycombe .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 08:05 - Jun 24 with 1526 viewsWeWereZombies

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 06:41 - Jun 24 by ArnieM

I doubt it . If they get relegated that club will implode and a mass exodus of players will ensue as the rats jump a sinking ship . That club won’t know what’s hit it . You think they’ll take league one by storm do you ? Lol , won’t happen. It’d actually be better if they came down and not league one hardened Wycombe .

I wonder if we could take David Marshall off them? I suspect, despite his age, he will get offers from clubs higher up the divisions but would be a better option, and perhaps even more realistic, than Siegrist.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 08:13 - Jun 24 with 1471 viewsChurchman

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 06:41 - Jun 24 by ArnieM

They didn’t look anything much to me and if booted out of the Championship are bound to lose their better players. I suspect that they’ll get away with it. Maybe a nominal fine or something.

Their sense of entitlement has grated on me over the last few years.
Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 08:35 - Jun 24 with 1378 viewsGeoffSentence

If Derby do go down and Wycombe stay up, I would marvel at the luck of those Buckinghamshire shthousers.

That would be two seasons of Championship football via a technicality.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 09:42 - Jun 24 with 1242 viewsblue62

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 08:13 - Jun 24 by Churchman

They didn’t look anything much to me and if booted out of the Championship are bound to lose their better players. I suspect that they’ll get away with it. Maybe a nominal fine or something.

Their sense of entitlement has grated on me over the last few years.

Really dislike Derby, no reason really, just one of those teams.

Rather than see them relegated I think a -12 points would make their season painful. That I would enjoy watching.
Login to get fewer ads

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 09:51 - Jun 24 with 1206 viewsHARRY10

Analysis

BBC Sport's Simon Stone

"In confirming it would be releasing an interchangeable fixture list that would allow for Derby to swap places with Wycombe, who were relegated to League One on the final day of last season, the EFL has indicated they do not regard the matter as over.

Both sides have the chance to appeal against the £100,000 fine. If the EFL chooses to do so, and the decision was a points deduction, it has created the potential for it to apply in time for the 2021-22 campaign, which starts on 7 August.

The uncertainty will spark further fears among Rams supporters.

Their club has been unable to offer new deals to a number of out-of-contract players, including striker Martyn Waghorn, as a result of the ongoing case and the EFL rejected an application to register a contract extension for another forward, Jack Marriott, which the club had already publicly announced.

In addition, the uncertainty will not help owner Mel Morris in his efforts to sell the club.

Agreements with two parties collapsed last season and talks with an un-named American group had been delayed pending clarification over which division Derby will play in."
Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 10:01 - Jun 24 with 1176 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 03:58 - Jun 24 by Illinoisblue

Surely unprecedented to produce two different sets of fixtures. Statement didn’t mention what deadline Derby have to produce the updated accounts - assume that is the trigger for any further action.

They're not producing two different sets of fixtures, they're producing one and saying Derby and Wycombe are interchangeable.

Won't happen anyway. £100k is a slap on the wrist. They'll pay up and that''l be that.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 10:21 - Jun 24 with 1126 viewsMetal_Hacker

Just start them on -12 and we can wave to them when we're passing them on the way up

Poll: If it were one or the other

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 10:56 - Jun 24 with 1036 viewsloftboy

Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 10:01 - Jun 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

They're not producing two different sets of fixtures, they're producing one and saying Derby and Wycombe are interchangeable.

Won't happen anyway. £100k is a slap on the wrist. They'll pay up and that''l be that.

They have to re submit correct accounts without the dodgy bits that were in before, it’s common knowledge they have blown FFP out the water, under current rules a points deduction is the punishment.
I see their supporters saying they will keep appealing but when QPR were hit with a world record 42 million fine at the time we were told “you can appeal but if you do we will withdraw your golden ticket” which would have seen us expelled from the league , so basically being blackmailed into accepting it.
Derby could still yet be in League 1 next season! on 11:27 - Jun 24 with 955 viewsflettonblue

I think Derby will definitely be in league 1 next year,just EFL cannot state it yet. Obviou s that when they submit the accounts (correctly this time) it's going to be staggeringly higher than allowed under FFP and then the EFL can give any pointsdeduction higher than 2(?) To see them relegated from last season. Just a process to go through starting with the tiny fine and issuing the fixtures overlapped so had to issue the interchangeable ones. Even with EFLs previous incompetence/niavety on FFP they must be sure legally they can apply the points deduction last season , otherwise why not do what they have before and apply it to thus season already when issuing the fixtures. BothEFL and Derby must know the resubmission of previous accounts will finally trip them up, as why would EFL ask for them otherwise / why did Derby choose to ignore the rules for so long and submit them under their own rules to comply? Will be a win (finally) for those teams that have/comply with FFP. Be a further wake up call to other teams on the FFP edge (finally).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024