Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems like the signings are soon to be announced 11:14 - Jun 28 with 1888 viewswkj

So where does this leave us looking?

CB? Backup goalie? CB who can play LB?

Looks to me like we're almost ready to rock.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:16 - Jun 28 with 1851 viewsportmanking

I don't think we're anywhere near finished personally.

After Hladky and Penney, I'd still suggest we need:

1x LB
2x CB
1x Left-sided AM
1x Number 10
1x Striker
1x GK (if Holy leaves)
Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:17 - Jun 28 with 1835 viewsGiroJim

Need another keeper. A big brute of a centre half. A playmaker in midfield and a striker who can hold the ball up. We cant just go with Norwood and Bonne. I dont trust Norwood to stay fit or focused all season and as Ive said before Bonne cant play the one up top role. He isnt that type of striker.
Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:18 - Jun 28 with 1829 viewsOldsmoker

Penney is being touted as LB or left-sided midfielder.
Back-up goalie could be this guy from Salford.
We do need an experienced CB who can be the rock of the defence though.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:18 - Jun 28 with 1832 viewsKieran_Knows

Hladky
KVY Woolfenden CB LB
Harper Evans
Burns CAM LW
Bonne

I think that Penney will be a squad option, gives us cover all down the left hand side.

Really hope it's Crooks for the no.10 role, big brute of a CB, and then probably a young loan left back & winger.

Then maybe just some more squad options with others leaving. GK, RB, CM, winger & striker depending on Norwood.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:20 - Jun 28 with 1780 viewswkj

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:16 - Jun 28 by portmanking

I don't think we're anywhere near finished personally.

After Hladky and Penney, I'd still suggest we need:

1x LB
2x CB
1x Left-sided AM
1x Number 10
1x Striker
1x GK (if Holy leaves)

Do you not think that would leave us bloated?

If we play 1 up top we've got Norwood, Bonne, Dobra (pretty convinced Jackson is going)

Number 10 would surely be Nolan / Bonne

Left-winger might be a good call, and one position I think we'd be okay with had Edwards stayed.

I think he will keep Wolfenden and Toto engaged, but I would rather see someone come into that spot with some stability with a commanding presence, thus keeping Toto and Wolfenden fighting for a spot.

I think it will be critical for the CB to also fill the LB role - though Kenlock didn't actually do so bad last year I thought - definitely good backup.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2021 11:24]

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:22 - Jun 28 with 1756 viewswkj

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:18 - Jun 28 by Kieran_Knows

Hladky
KVY Woolfenden CB LB
Harper Evans
Burns CAM LW
Bonne

I think that Penney will be a squad option, gives us cover all down the left hand side.

Really hope it's Crooks for the no.10 role, big brute of a CB, and then probably a young loan left back & winger.

Then maybe just some more squad options with others leaving. GK, RB, CM, winger & striker depending on Norwood.

Im going out on a limb here and predicting that Cook will bring something amazing out of Nolan for the CAM role.

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:25 - Jun 28 with 1692 viewsDyland

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:22 - Jun 28 by wkj

Im going out on a limb here and predicting that Cook will bring something amazing out of Nolan for the CAM role.

He has a clean slate, and hopefully can be the busy attacking player we saw glimpses of on a more consistent basis. It's a fresh start innit.

Ffs Evans, Hurst and Lambert!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:28 - Jun 28 with 1651 viewswkj

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:25 - Jun 28 by Dyland

He has a clean slate, and hopefully can be the busy attacking player we saw glimpses of on a more consistent basis. It's a fresh start innit.

Aiye, he really isn't a bad player at all - and was much better before he came to us. Clearly, he values respect from managers and is no shrinking violet in confrontation. I reckon with some fitness conditioning and a new sense of worth our man will be a damn fine player this season.

Login to get fewer ads

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:28 - Jun 28 with 1633 viewsGiroJim

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:18 - Jun 28 by Oldsmoker

Penney is being touted as LB or left-sided midfielder.
Back-up goalie could be this guy from Salford.
We do need an experienced CB who can be the rock of the defence though.

Looking at what SW supporters are saying Penny is very lightweight at left back but maybe left sided midfield as you say.
Agreed we need a big CB, bit of experience, strong,brute type really as I dont trust Toto and Wolfy together.
Still think we need another striker. Bonne isnt the type who can play 1 up on his own and Norwood you just cant trust.
Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:31 - Jun 28 with 1596 viewsxrayspecs

Fwiw, my prediction (first named as starter, second named as back up)

GK - Hladky, ANO

LB - Penney, ANO
CB - Wolfenden, Nsiala
CB - ANO, ANO
RB - KVY, Donacien (Nbada out on loan)

CM - Evans, Harper
CM - ANO, Nolan

WAM - Burns, Dobra
WAM - ANO, ANO (El Miz out on loan)

9 - Bonne, Norwood
10 - ANO, ANO

Bishop, Downes, Kenlock, Holy, Drinan and Jackson leave the club.

22 man squad, up to 8 more to come. This could be around six if some of the squad players cover more than one position.
Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:39 - Jun 28 with 1467 viewswkj

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:31 - Jun 28 by xrayspecs

Fwiw, my prediction (first named as starter, second named as back up)

GK - Hladky, ANO

LB - Penney, ANO
CB - Wolfenden, Nsiala
CB - ANO, ANO
RB - KVY, Donacien (Nbada out on loan)

CM - Evans, Harper
CM - ANO, Nolan

WAM - Burns, Dobra
WAM - ANO, ANO (El Miz out on loan)

9 - Bonne, Norwood
10 - ANO, ANO

Bishop, Downes, Kenlock, Holy, Drinan and Jackson leave the club.

22 man squad, up to 8 more to come. This could be around six if some of the squad players cover more than one position.

I think it is 'in the deep end' for El Miz this season. Didn't do an amazing job in L2 this season, but I don't think that level of footie will do much to hone his craft. With someone needed out wide I would rather see him stay and given his chance to show us his potential when needed, but remain trained at the club and playing more regularly with the U23s.

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:51 - Jun 28 with 1320 viewsxrayspecs

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:39 - Jun 28 by wkj

I think it is 'in the deep end' for El Miz this season. Didn't do an amazing job in L2 this season, but I don't think that level of footie will do much to hone his craft. With someone needed out wide I would rather see him stay and given his chance to show us his potential when needed, but remain trained at the club and playing more regularly with the U23s.

I am not sure PC will have both Dobra and Miz as cover for our wide attacking midfielders. I would expect our attacking players to be more likely to be subbed on/off during games to give us fresh energy as games progress.

I can make a case for Dobra to be someone who comes off the bench. I would though want a more proven attacking midfielder than El Miz at this stage.
Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:54 - Jun 28 with 1283 viewsGuthrum

When posting drool-lists, people need to bear in mind that we're limited to 22 outfield players aged 20 or above. That really limits the number we can have for "options", "backup" or "cover".

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:56 - Jun 28 with 1270 viewsclive_baker

Defence will get some love over the coming days I would imagine.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:57 - Jun 28 with 1261 viewschicoazul

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:25 - Jun 28 by Dyland

DONT SAY THEIR NAMES

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 12:01 - Jun 28 with 1226 viewsRobTheMonk

A good centre back is a priority. Toto and/or Wolf need someone to boss them around.
Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 12:04 - Jun 28 with 1212 viewsDyland

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:57 - Jun 28 by chicoazul

DONT SAY THEIR NAMES

Evans-man.... Evans-man... Evans-man.... Evans-man......

Evans-man

AAAAGGGGGGGGGH!!!

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 12:24 - Jun 28 with 1111 viewsxrayspecs

Seems like the signings are soon to be announced on 11:54 - Jun 28 by Guthrum

When posting drool-lists, people need to bear in mind that we're limited to 22 outfield players aged 20 or above. That really limits the number we can have for "options", "backup" or "cover".

PC has also said he favours a small squad. A maximum of two players for each position gives us a squad of 22 including the keepers. Suspect we will end up with 20-22 players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024