Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southgate - Bottle Job 17:10 - Jun 29 with 1546 viewsOsborneOneNil

Why be scared?? Attack the Germans.

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:12 - Jun 29 with 1327 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He bottled the group stages too. Dreadful how we crashed out in them.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:12 - Jun 29 with 1328 viewsOldsmoker

First half we retreat into our penalty area - aka Dunkirk.
Second half we invade their half with the help of reinforcements - substitutes.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:55 - Jun 29 with 1251 viewswkj

I have to say, as far as 0-0 halves go, I really enjoyed that. Plenty of questions to be asked, but it has been a lovely, physical battle - and I hope that was the plan. Knacker the germans out and bring on our attacking players in the middle.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:57 - Jun 29 with 1219 viewschrismakin

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:55 - Jun 29 by wkj

I have to say, as far as 0-0 halves go, I really enjoyed that. Plenty of questions to be asked, but it has been a lovely, physical battle - and I hope that was the plan. Knacker the germans out and bring on our attacking players in the middle.

Is one of the questions, who's better Kane or Drinan

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:58 - Jun 29 with 1229 viewsMerseyBlue

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:55 - Jun 29 by wkj

The first 15 minutes was stressful, the way they pressed us compared to the way we pressed them. We steadied the ship and finished the half the stronger. Pretty angsty stuff though. Admire the commitment to the gameplan but think there's room for a bit more positivity at times.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:59 - Jun 29 with 1215 viewswkj

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:57 - Jun 29 by chrismakin

Is one of the questions, who's better Kane or Drinan

Drinan isn't playing.

Crybaby

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:59 - Jun 29 with 1195 viewschrismakin

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:59 - Jun 29 by wkj

Drinan isn't playing.

neither is Kane

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:00 - Jun 29 with 1197 viewswkj

Southgate - Bottle Job on 17:59 - Jun 29 by chrismakin

neither is Kane

He is, just not particularly well.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:04 - Jun 29 with 1171 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:00 - Jun 29 by wkj

He is, just not particularly well.

Give him the service and he will show he is our best player. Problem is he is not getting the service and he is being asked to do a lot of defensive work too.

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:06 - Jun 29 with 1155 viewschrismakin

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:04 - Jun 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Give him the service and he will show he is our best player. Problem is he is not getting the service and he is being asked to do a lot of defensive work too.

he's not moving, at all, as even the BBC could show, he's not moved all competition.

If he doesn't move, he doesn't offer himself to the midfield to give it to.

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:45 - Jun 29 with 1119 viewsjeera

Obligatory downvote for this.

I'm sure you agree.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:54 - Jun 29 with 1108 viewsSwailsey

Go on..

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:55 - Jun 29 with 1102 viewsgainsboroughblue

Another post that has aged well.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:10 - Jun 29 with 1062 viewsClapham_Junction

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:55 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Some of the England-related bedwetting on here has been incredible. Just don't get it personally.
Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:16 - Jun 29 with 1024 viewsjeera

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:10 - Jun 29 by Clapham_Junction

Some of the England-related bedwetting on here has been incredible. Just don't get it personally.

Too many mostly concentrate on booing kneeling and other nation's anthems.

Not much support for the actual England side.

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:18 - Jun 29 with 1000 viewsClapham_Junction

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:16 - Jun 29 by jeera

Too many mostly concentrate on booing kneeling and other nation's anthems.

Not much support for the actual England side.

Nothing says English patriot like booing your own players before a game against Germany.
Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:20 - Jun 29 with 988 viewsSwansea_Blue

Southgate - Bottle Job on 18:55 - Jun 29 by gainsboroughblue

Bottle job was pushing it, but I was bored witless through most of that. That desperately needed a goal a lot earlier. Nice goals when they came though.

Although in fairness, we weren't the slowest team out of the two. I've seen grass grow more quickly than the speed at which Germany got the ball forward (or more literally sideways, back, sideways, back, forward a bit, back, sideways...repeat). It looked like they were playing walking football.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:21 - Jun 29 with 973 viewsjeera

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:18 - Jun 29 by Clapham_Junction

Nothing says English patriot like booing your own players before a game against Germany.

Quite.

I'm one of those who stills gets a sense of pride when I see my country line up.

And even more when we conduct ourselves properly.

Even more so when we then win, having conducted ourselves properly.

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:22 - Jun 29 with 961 viewswkj

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:20 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

Bottle job was pushing it, but I was bored witless through most of that. That desperately needed a goal a lot earlier. Nice goals when they came though.

Although in fairness, we weren't the slowest team out of the two. I've seen grass grow more quickly than the speed at which Germany got the ball forward (or more literally sideways, back, sideways, back, forward a bit, back, sideways...repeat). It looked like they were playing walking football.

Odd how different people view footie. I was glued to the game whistle-to-whistle.

It was like watching a game of chess, and you could see us frustrating the Germans more and more, while we didn't ever look frustrated. Granted we made a few errors, and there were some sloppy passes - but the whole team played as a unit for the whole game, and I loved that.

Crybaby

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:25 - Jun 29 with 947 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:22 - Jun 29 by wkj

Odd how different people view footie. I was glued to the game whistle-to-whistle.

It was like watching a game of chess, and you could see us frustrating the Germans more and more, while we didn't ever look frustrated. Granted we made a few errors, and there were some sloppy passes - but the whole team played as a unit for the whole game, and I loved that.

Indeed. Sterling was gutted when he thought his misplaced pass had put Germany back in it and Walker bust a gut to get back and put a challenge in just as Muller shot.

England look like a team where players are not dropped for a slightly less eye-catching performance due to pressure from the media/fans.

Excellent management.

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:32 - Jun 29 with 909 viewsjeera

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:20 - Jun 29 by Swansea_Blue

They're not the German side of old, nor resembling what we would normally expect from them.

But what they brought was another dimension to their game to compensate for their lack of quality with their finishing etc. They were constantly trying to play every angle of professional foul they could and I thought we adapted well and overcame it.

England had some quality that came through and I thought it was a well-considered win if I'm honest.

Southgate - Bottle Job on 20:09 - Jun 29 with 869 viewsSwansea_Blue

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:22 - Jun 29 by wkj

I understand that. That' how I feel if it's a match I'm interested in. But for some reason I struggle to get that interested in the national team. I don't know why - I used to get up for them but now can pretty much take it or leave it.

The matches yesterday were also a very hard act to follow in terms of entertainment and drama.

Mind you, I did shout 'get the furk in' at the top of my voice when the first goal went in and got a boll*cking from my better half. Kids need to learn the right response though imo lol

Southgate - Bottle Job on 20:12 - Jun 29 with 844 viewsOldboy

Always best not to be premature. Ask your partner or the French if you don't believe me.
Southgate - Bottle Job on 20:16 - Jun 29 with 831 viewsSwansea_Blue

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:32 - Jun 29 by jeera

They're not the German side of old, nor resembling what we would normally expect from them.

But what they brought was another dimension to their game to compensate for their lack of quality with their finishing etc. They were constantly trying to play every angle of professional foul they could and I thought we adapted well and overcame it.

England had some quality that came through and I thought it was a well-considered win if I'm honest.

They've some decent players, but yep a shadow of their former selves. They always used to play fairly tight games, but they had a knack of being able to switch it on if they ever went behind. There's was no evidence of that tonight. They've lost their confidence/arrogance/swagger, whatever you want to call it.

It wasn't a classic Germany v England battle, but who cares tbh!

Southgate - Bottle Job on 20:20 - Jun 29 with 817 viewsChurchman

Southgate - Bottle Job on 19:32 - Jun 29 by jeera

I had to laugh when Rudiger, a hulking great bloke, fell like he’d been poleaxed when getting the merest touch from one of England’s smaller players.

Yes, I thought England did well coping with Germany’s gamesmanship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024