Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal 10:28 - Jul 3 with 776 viewsKeno

I'm sure many of us have dreamt of scoring for Ipswich so what's your best 'dream goal'

Mine -Its 0.0 93 mins on the clock, town need a goal to win the game and be crowned league champions Cooper has the ball at the churchman end, rolls it to Mick Mills. He lays it off to Jamma who sets Reuser off down the left wing. Robson and Burley are in the dug out cheering him on. He crosses to the far post Mariner nods it back and there I am with a Warkesque run and a diving header sending the ball into the top corner past a despairing dive from the Norwich keeper.

The North stand erupts wild celebration as Norwich are relegated and Town are crowned Champions again.

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Northern bypass on 10:29 - Jul 3 with 769 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 10:34 - Jul 3 with 743 viewsElephantintheRoom

I think I'd be Clive Woods for THAT goal against dirty Leeds in the second cup replay at Filbert Street. Having been right in line in the stands and replayed the memory a few thousand times over the years I'd know exactly what to do.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 10:37 - Jul 3 with 735 viewsSwansea_Blue

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 10:34 - Jul 3 by ElephantintheRoom

I think I'd be Clive Woods for THAT goal against dirty Leeds in the second cup replay at Filbert Street. Having been right in line in the stands and replayed the memory a few thousand times over the years I'd know exactly what to do.

Mine would be to have played a part in THAT Finidi goal. I wouldn’t mind if I was providing the assist; it was such a great team goal.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 10:46]

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 10:38 - Jul 3 with 731 viewsKeno

there you go ....

Northern bypass on 10:39 - Jul 3 with 725 viewsKeno

Northern bypass on 10:29 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

that was being spoken about when I lived there!!

There could be more chance of urinating in the queens handbag

Northern bypass on 10:47 - Jul 3 with 706 viewsSwansea_Blue

Northern bypass on 10:39 - Jul 3 by Keno

that was being spoken about when I lived there!!

There could be more chance of urinating in the queens handbag

Aye, it was big news 30 years ago. I think is still keeps resurfacing, but doubt it’ll happen in our lifetimes.

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 10:56 - Jul 3 with 687 viewsElephantintheRoom

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 10:37 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Mine would be to have played a part in THAT Finidi goal. I wouldn’t mind if I was providing the assist; it was such a great team goal.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2021 10:46]

Yes that was pretty glorious wasn't it - before it all went pear shaped for Finidi and Town.

Going back just a year - I'd also quite like to be Marcus Stewart for a few moments when hescored THAT goal at Anfield. My rose-tinted memory of that joyous moment is however tinged more than a little by the 0-6 at Portman Road within a year.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 11:04 - Jul 3 with 683 viewsWeWereZombies

Ninety two and a half minutes on the clock, and three minutes stoppage time has been announced - Just one goal needed to beat Bolton and land a place in the play-off final - Larsen Toure tees up the ball at the corner flag squinting as the floodlights appear to blind him, the supporters all have their heads in their hands, why? why? Sir Alf, have you just substituted Magilton for this guy? - but he delivers a pinpoint corner to reach the head of Town's goalie - who is even shorter than Laurie Sivell - yes. it's me racing up all the way from my own goal to meet the ball - Jääskeläinen gets fingertips on it as it looks set for the top right hand corner of the goal but that ninety yard run up has done its job and the header is just too powerful as the ball continues its trajectory into the goal, rippling every inch of the netting from top to bottom. The referee blows his whistle to award the goal and then gives Bolton only the opportunity to kick off before whistling to end the match and send Ipswich to another Wembley final - The stewards turn a blind eye as the crowd surge onto the pitch, foremost of whom is Penny Smith, throwing her knickers aside as she hunts down the scorer of the winning goal. Meanwhile Bolton manager, Keno, complains bitterly to referee Marcus Aurelius - who replies with pithy Stoic indifference.

That the kind of scenario you are looking for?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 11:05 - Jul 3 with 680 viewsGeomorph

Was there too as an 8 year old... unforgettable moment
Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 11:15 - Jul 3 with 671 viewsKeno

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 11:04 - Jul 3 by WeWereZombies

Ninety two and a half minutes on the clock, and three minutes stoppage time has been announced - Just one goal needed to beat Bolton and land a place in the play-off final - Larsen Toure tees up the ball at the corner flag squinting as the floodlights appear to blind him, the supporters all have their heads in their hands, why? why? Sir Alf, have you just substituted Magilton for this guy? - but he delivers a pinpoint corner to reach the head of Town's goalie - who is even shorter than Laurie Sivell - yes. it's me racing up all the way from my own goal to meet the ball - Jääskeläinen gets fingertips on it as it looks set for the top right hand corner of the goal but that ninety yard run up has done its job and the header is just too powerful as the ball continues its trajectory into the goal, rippling every inch of the netting from top to bottom. The referee blows his whistle to award the goal and then gives Bolton only the opportunity to kick off before whistling to end the match and send Ipswich to another Wembley final - The stewards turn a blind eye as the crowd surge onto the pitch, foremost of whom is Penny Smith, throwing her knickers aside as she hunts down the scorer of the winning goal. Meanwhile Bolton manager, Keno, complains bitterly to referee Marcus Aurelius - who replies with pithy Stoic indifference.

That the kind of scenario you are looking for?

come on, it has to have an element of realism about it

Toure delivering a pin point accurate corner!!

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 11:29 - Jul 3 with 642 viewshammo56

Was there as well. The good old banana shot nearly broke a few windows trying to replicate that when I was younger.
Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 11:31 - Jul 3 with 636 viewsJamestownPrince

I came on as a late sub, ran around aimlessly for 15 minutes, then after the ball was kicked around in the box like a pinball machine, it hit me on the thigh and it went in.

Aaron Drinan proves that dreams come true

I do wish him all the luck at Orient, perhaps a run in the team at that level will work for him.
Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 11:35 - Jul 3 with 628 viewsBlueastheycome

Coming on as a young sub with 10 mins to go and scoring two goals in front of the north stand to win against Nodge.

Kind of like what Danny Haynes did really.
Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 11:35 - Jul 3 with 626 viewswkj

Both of these goals were magic (Away), but the first one was sublime, I really don't think I have ever seen a more perfect striker in a town shirt - and we've had some great strikers.

The keepy-uppy pass to Marcus and a no-look half volley? How perfect was that?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 12:12 - Jul 3 with 538 viewsgazzer1999

Warky's header in the semi final, you knew there was no way back for West Brom and we were going to Wembley.
Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 13:35 - Jul 3 with 465 viewsBluespeed225

iI'd be Trevor Whymark playing that one-two with mariner and shooting, arrow like, into the far corner. The most perfect strike you'll see. Beattie's power shot pushes it hard though!
Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 13:51 - Jul 3 with 440 viewsTangledupin_Blue

The David Coleman commentary from 1978:

"Dupin-blue... one nil!"

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 14:08 - Jul 3 with 414 viewsjudespiveyg

FA Cup final against Norwich, Ipswich winning 2-1 but backs against the walls. From a corner, Ipswich header the ball out and clear it down field, I sprint onto the end of it, fire it in over the keeper from 30 yards to seal the game like that Reuser goal I've seen on youtube vs Barnsley. I run over to Norwich manager Roy Keane and do a TikTok dance in front of him, before high fiving my strike partners Thomas Muller and Jon Stead.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Whats your "dream' Ipswich goal on 14:25 - Jul 3 with 396 viewseastangliaisblue

Play off semi final at Carrow Road, it's 1-1 as was the first leg. I score a screaming volley from 20 yards out into the top corner. I run towards the Barclay end swinging my shirt above my head with an 'I hate Narwich' t-shirt on underneath. I get banned for the final for it, but it's worth it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024