Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! 15:26 - Jul 6 with 3897 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

10k a week they’re apparently going to be paying Wyke from Sunderland. That’s a lot of dosh for this level.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:30 - Jul 6 with 3014 viewschrismakin

Their new Chairman will either end up their hero, or the devil

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:32 - Jul 6 with 2983 viewsabracaDOBRA_

We offered the same to Sonny Bradley didnt we?...
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:33 - Jul 6 with 2960 viewswkj

They are taking a punt, but at the same time - a lot of the players they've bought in are clever signings. I might put a sly quid on them this year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:36 - Jul 6 with 2922 viewschrismakin

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:32 - Jul 6 by abracaDOBRA_

We offered the same to Sonny Bradley didnt we?...

Interesting with League 1 ffp version, what did they average attendance wise, just under 10k a game? in the championshp?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:37 - Jul 6 with 2899 viewschrismakin

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:33 - Jul 6 by wkj

They are taking a punt, but at the same time - a lot of the players they've bought in are clever signings. I might put a sly quid on them this year.

A town/Wigan top 2 is quite a good bet.

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:38 - Jul 6 with 2866 viewsJDB23

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:36 - Jul 6 by chrismakin

Interesting with League 1 ffp version, what did they average attendance wise, just under 10k a game? in the championshp?

Don’t they get a bit more leeway because this is their second year at this level? I can’t remember the full ins and outs of the ffp restrictions.
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:39 - Jul 6 with 2838 viewschrismakin

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:38 - Jul 6 by JDB23

Don’t they get a bit more leeway because this is their second year at this level? I can’t remember the full ins and outs of the ffp restrictions.

I did wonder that, but also thought due to Administration, that help wouldn't be there...

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:40 - Jul 6 with 2824 viewswkj

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:37 - Jul 6 by chrismakin

A town/Wigan top 2 is quite a good bet.

Maybe, but I don't bet on, or against the town.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2021 15:40]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:51 - Jul 6 with 2688 viewsArnieM

So if Wigan can sign a sought after striker like Wyke, ( were we ever in for him ?), why do people doubt Town can not sign the players we have targeted ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:06 - Jul 6 with 2501 viewsElderGrizzly

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 15:38 - Jul 6 by JDB23

They do in year 2, yes.

Also, as with any owner, he can top up their income with an investment (not a loan) that would mean they would stay within salary cap limits.
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:09 - Jul 6 with 2471 viewsIllinoisblue

That’s a statement. Saw on twitter earlier MK Dons average wage is 2400 a week. And they lost 60k a week. Football finances continue to make no sense

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:11 - Jul 6 with 2450 viewsMediocre_Quick

Strange one, and haven't seen this actually confirmed, but odd we were linked, but never did anything about it, would suit us down to the ground
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:13 - Jul 6 with 2414 viewschrismakin

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:11 - Jul 6 by Mediocre_Quick

Strange one, and haven't seen this actually confirmed, but odd we were linked, but never did anything about it, would suit us down to the ground

If you go on reports, he was linked with celtic 15k 3 year deal, now wigan at 10k.
We possibly enquired then laughed when his agent told us what he wanted

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:16 - Jul 6 with 2394 viewsMediocre_Quick

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:13 - Jul 6 by chrismakin

If you go on reports, he was linked with celtic 15k 3 year deal, now wigan at 10k.
We possibly enquired then laughed when his agent told us what he wanted

Weird considering all our fans think we have substantial clout to offer these wages, would love him at Town, but also, could turn out to be an expensive flop
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:19 - Jul 6 with 2357 viewstractorboy1978

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:16 - Jul 6 by Mediocre_Quick

Weird considering all our fans think we have substantial clout to offer these wages, would love him at Town, but also, could turn out to be an expensive flop

We clearly do for a certain number of players we really want. If we pull Celina off he won't be on less than £10k a week. Ditto Crooks I should imagine. And we apparently offered Bradley £13k a week.

Evans was on Championship money at Wigan (who are now throwing money about) and they wanted to keep him. Harper would have been on Championship money as a highly rated youngster when he got his deal. Bonne will be on decent money at QPR.
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:22 - Jul 6 with 2306 viewschrismakin

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:16 - Jul 6 by Mediocre_Quick

We'll spend what we are happy to spend. Ashton and PC won't overpay, each target they will have max figures in mind, if it goes about it, they move on. as it should be

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:26 - Jul 6 with 2259 viewsMediocre_Quick

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:19 - Jul 6 by tractorboy1978

We clearly do for a certain number of players we really want. If we pull Celina off he won't be on less than £10k a week. Ditto Crooks I should imagine. And we apparently offered Bradley £13k a week.

Evans was on Championship money at Wigan (who are now throwing money about) and they wanted to keep him. Harper would have been on Championship money as a highly rated youngster when he got his deal. Bonne will be on decent money at QPR.

Bonne is only a loan, and I doubt we're paying the full whack of his wages, only be paying a portion (usually 40-60%) of what he's earing there,

It's interesting that you're proving the point that you're also trying to deny here about the wages, I can't imagine anyone we've signed is on anything more than £5/6k a week.

The term 'Championship money' is an interesting one, as for all we know, we're trying to double Crooks wages which could be from £2/3k to £4/6k a week
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:26 - Jul 6 with 2249 viewsElderGrizzly

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:22 - Jul 6 by chrismakin

We'll spend what we are happy to spend. Ashton and PC won't overpay, each target they will have max figures in mind, if it goes about it, they move on. as it should be

Although we will have to 'overpay' for L1 to get the players we want and have already got from teams in higher leagues.
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:28 - Jul 6 with 2244 viewsStokieBlue

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:26 - Jul 6 by Mediocre_Quick

Bonne is only a loan, and I doubt we're paying the full whack of his wages, only be paying a portion (usually 40-60%) of what he's earing there,

It's interesting that you're proving the point that you're also trying to deny here about the wages, I can't imagine anyone we've signed is on anything more than £5/6k a week.

The term 'Championship money' is an interesting one, as for all we know, we're trying to double Crooks wages which could be from £2/3k to £4/6k a week

You're entire point is based on the fact that we actually want him but couldn't compete on wages but there is no evidence for your first assertion unless you can provide it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:28 - Jul 6 with 2245 viewsMediocre_Quick

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:22 - Jul 6 by chrismakin

Not sure what your point here is as I agree with everything you're saying... They'll have a budget etc in mind
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:29 - Jul 6 with 2214 viewschrismakin

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:28 - Jul 6 by Mediocre_Quick

Not sure what your point here is as I agree with everything you're saying... They'll have a budget etc in mind

Sorry, I thought your post was a belief that us not signing him or agreeing to a 10k wage was a sign we don't have the funds we all thought we have

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:32 - Jul 6 with 2179 viewschrismakin

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:26 - Jul 6 by ElderGrizzly

Although we will have to 'overpay' for L1 to get the players we want and have already got from teams in higher leagues.

I don't really see a limit on what becomes non league 1 spending. It's a rather mixed league with some clubs with 5k capacities to 30,000 seaters etc.
Overpaying for me just means what we as a club decide is overpaying. Not what has been in the past as 'normal league 1 fees'

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:38 - Jul 6 with 2131 viewsMediocre_Quick

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:28 - Jul 6 by StokieBlue

You're entire point is based on the fact that we actually want him but couldn't compete on wages but there is no evidence for your first assertion unless you can provide it.

SB

My entire point was based on why we didn't go in for him properly when we were linked, and it seems wages were the issue, I think our new owners are smart and aren't going to throw money around for the sake of throwing it around, where our fans think with new owners comes an unlimited supply of money for things like, wages etc, when clearly, our new fiscally responsible owners are smarter than our previous tightwad owner

But go off 'SB'
Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:45 - Jul 6 with 2061 viewsStokieBlue

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:38 - Jul 6 by Mediocre_Quick

My entire point was based on why we didn't go in for him properly when we were linked, and it seems wages were the issue, I think our new owners are smart and aren't going to throw money around for the sake of throwing it around, where our fans think with new owners comes an unlimited supply of money for things like, wages etc, when clearly, our new fiscally responsible owners are smarter than our previous tightwad owner

But go off 'SB'

Once again though that is all based on the underlying assumption that we even made an enquiry and didn't like the wages he wanted. We don't know any of that to be true do we?

No idea what your last line is supposed to mean, I only asked you to provide some evidence that we enquired and then scoffed at his wages.

With regards to this post I think you are correct, the owners will spend what they think is the market value and don't seem inclined to move beyond that as shown when we were buying a keeper. I think that's a good way to go about things.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:48 - Jul 6 with 2028 viewsElderGrizzly

Wigan spending some money this window ain’t they! on 16:32 - Jul 6 by chrismakin

I don't really see a limit on what becomes non league 1 spending. It's a rather mixed league with some clubs with 5k capacities to 30,000 seaters etc.
Overpaying for me just means what we as a club decide is overpaying. Not what has been in the past as 'normal league 1 fees'

My point was you might need to pay someone more than you'd hope to get them to drop to L1.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024