Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is five players enough? 12:08 - Jul 10 with 1557 viewspointofblue

Goalkeepers I can just about accept with Hladky starting with Holy as back up.
Think we really need to look at right back due to KVY’s injury record.
Kenlock and Penney both strike me as good reserves but not necessarily first choices.
Nothing more needs to be said about centre back.
We’re obviously looking for another central midfielder.
Burns is decent on the wing but we’re lacking options on the left.
It’d be nice to get another proven striker through the door as Bonne’s scoring record and Norwood’s injury record do not suggest success.

So that’s at least six players and I’d suggest that’s for the first team alone (unless Downes stays and trains himself back into the first team picture) - let alone back ups. I hope we get at least one or two through the door next week.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Is five players enough? on 12:15 - Jul 10 with 1484 viewsJ2BLUE

Didn't he say at least five? He's just showing his experience and being cautious. If he had said eight it would have set the blubbers off again.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is five players enough? on 12:19 - Jul 10 with 1462 viewspointofblue

Is five players enough? on 12:15 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Didn't he say at least five? He's just showing his experience and being cautious. If he had said eight it would have set the blubbers off again.

If we didn’t get them in you mean? Yes, you could well be right, though I think it’s obvious we need more players and it would be nice to get them in before Morecambe.

Is five players enough? on 12:27 - Jul 10 with 1407 viewswkj

I know it is hard to see given our form over the last two years, but some of the players we kept are far from the deadwood. At the end of last season, I kept saying that Cook's slump was probably to do with general fitness.

Our club has had an awful track record for fitness and injury management under Evans, so I should imagine if the likes of Nolan, Donacien, Bishop, Norwood, etc come back fit - they'll be like new players.

I am not convinced about Jackson - I want to be wrong - but he seemed mentally clocked out last season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is five players enough? on 12:30 - Jul 10 with 1377 viewsJ2BLUE

Is five players enough? on 12:19 - Jul 10 by pointofblue

If we didn’t get them in you mean? Yes, you could well be right, though I think it’s obvious we need more players and it would be nice to get them in before Morecambe.

No I mean now. People were losing it a month ago because we needed a lot of players. Ideally e would get players in for pre season but we're all experienced enough to know that's rarely the case.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is five players enough? on 13:40 - Jul 10 with 1208 viewspointofblue

Is five players enough? on 12:30 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

No I mean now. People were losing it a month ago because we needed a lot of players. Ideally e would get players in for pre season but we're all experienced enough to know that's rarely the case.

Blackpool showed last season that a slow start doesn’t necessarily mean failure across the season, and we may well struggle to get if the final signings don’t join until late. Just got to remember to be patient, as long as we have a decent squad on paper.

Is five players enough? on 14:07 - Jul 10 with 1128 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is five players enough? on 13:40 - Jul 10 by pointofblue

Blackpool showed last season that a slow start doesn’t necessarily mean failure across the season, and we may well struggle to get if the final signings don’t join until late. Just got to remember to be patient, as long as we have a decent squad on paper.

We need a good team on the pitch not a decent squad on paper.

Our decent squad on paper took us to the top of the division before sliding away without putting up any fight.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is five players enough? on 17:48 - Jul 10 with 961 viewsxrayspecs

The first five I would prioritise

Left back - Penney can cover LB and LM
Centre back - Experienced leader to play alongside Woolfenden
Wide midfield - first choice - Penney and Dobra can cover out wide, assume Burns will be first choice
No 10 - Assuming this is intended to be Crooks
No 9 - Norwood not good enough.

After that, we can always find players better than what we have got.
Is five players enough? on 19:17 - Jul 10 with 834 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is five players enough? on 17:48 - Jul 10 by xrayspecs

The first five I would prioritise

Left back - Penney can cover LB and LM
Centre back - Experienced leader to play alongside Woolfenden
Wide midfield - first choice - Penney and Dobra can cover out wide, assume Burns will be first choice
No 10 - Assuming this is intended to be Crooks
No 9 - Norwood not good enough.

After that, we can always find players better than what we have got.

I am not sure why it has been decided that Penney is only cover without anyone seeing anything of him play. Maybe he is, maybe he will be first choice LB with the flexibility to provide some cover or system change if required.

We could do with cover at CB or a first choice would make one of Nsiala or Woolfenden the cover. Cook has shown he has no emotional allegiance to the academy youngsters so I would expect Woolfenden's place to be as threatened, if not more so than Nsiala's.

Don't get your comment about wide midfield. Are you saying we need a first choice, further cover or that we have enough? I suspect we are after at least one wide player still. Burns could be first choice wide right or as an attacking right back. Again he provides some flexibility for cover and any potential change of system.

Despite all the potential number 10s that Lambert tried/brought in, yes this is a position we will bring someone in for.

Norwood is perfectly good enough at this level and I would be amazed if he went anywhere at the moment - no one would be willing to pay his wages based on his last couple of seasons. Yes, we may well get better in and he would then be back up but he is good enough.

I am quite sure we will continue to get players who are better than we have. It would not greatly surprise me if the first choice 11 by the end of the season was entirely made up of players who were not at the club before this season.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Is five players enough? on 20:30 - Jul 10 with 757 viewsxrayspecs

Is five players enough? on 19:17 - Jul 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure why it has been decided that Penney is only cover without anyone seeing anything of him play. Maybe he is, maybe he will be first choice LB with the flexibility to provide some cover or system change if required.

We could do with cover at CB or a first choice would make one of Nsiala or Woolfenden the cover. Cook has shown he has no emotional allegiance to the academy youngsters so I would expect Woolfenden's place to be as threatened, if not more so than Nsiala's.

Don't get your comment about wide midfield. Are you saying we need a first choice, further cover or that we have enough? I suspect we are after at least one wide player still. Burns could be first choice wide right or as an attacking right back. Again he provides some flexibility for cover and any potential change of system.

Despite all the potential number 10s that Lambert tried/brought in, yes this is a position we will bring someone in for.

Norwood is perfectly good enough at this level and I would be amazed if he went anywhere at the moment - no one would be willing to pay his wages based on his last couple of seasons. Yes, we may well get better in and he would then be back up but he is good enough.

I am quite sure we will continue to get players who are better than we have. It would not greatly surprise me if the first choice 11 by the end of the season was entirely made up of players who were not at the club before this season.

Saw Penney today for the first time so have no great insight on him. Just going by comments made by local media and I believe Phil.

I would say we need an experienced leadership figure at the heart of our defence. Someone to help Wolfenden develop. I am not convinced that Nsiala will be a first choice, he has too many mistakes in him, I could see him being cover though.

We look short in the attacking midfield positions. We only have Burns as a likely starter. Penney can cover, if he is not playing LB, as can Dobra. We need at least one more player in this position.

Norwood is an average forward at this level. We need better if we want to get promoted.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2021 20:33]
Is five players enough? on 21:20 - Jul 10 with 672 viewsSharkey

Your first line could have just been...

Goalkeepers: Czech
Is five players enough? on 21:35 - Jul 10 with 634 views66notout

Is five players enough? on 12:15 - Jul 10 by J2BLUE

Rather naive of Ashton to put a number on it I’d say and then claim that ITK posts on this site were harmful to the process.
Is five players enough? on 21:52 - Jul 10 with 599 viewsBryanPlug

Is five players enough? on 19:17 - Jul 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024