Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can't fault Rotherham... 12:17 - Jul 15 with 952 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...for sticking to their guns and not folding when they think they can get more money.

We're a rival so no wonder they don't want to roll over and give us their best player.

And to be fair if the roles were reversed we'd all want us to do exactly the same. It's strong management. I think we might need to let Crooks go.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

You can't fault Rotherham... on 12:22 - Jul 15 with 919 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Didn't need to did they? Clearly more than one club interested, refuse the first few bids, let the clubs force the price up.

Exactly what I hope we are doing with Downes.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

You can't fault Rotherham... on 12:25 - Jul 15 with 881 viewshoppy

It's not a concept we've been used to for so long ourselves, we've always managed to fold early, as soon as we receive the first bid and just accept that... Don't blame them at all. Hopefully if he's such a key man in Cook's plans that we agree a fee soon, and don't pay too much over the odds, as with only a year left on his contract, they're doing well to be demanding that kind of fee for him.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

You can't fault Rotherham... on 12:37 - Jul 15 with 810 viewsbluestandard

Whether we get Crooks or not, its a win for Town, as Crooks won't be at Rotherham for long. I personally think they are going to be much more of a threat than people seem to think.
You can't fault Rotherham... on 12:38 - Jul 15 with 794 viewschrismakin

Think they are showing desperation to get clubs to bid to try and stop us.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

You can't fault Rotherham... on 12:48 - Jul 15 with 755 viewsberkstractorboy

Whilst they are right to get the most money for the club and ideally not sell to a rival, the way Warne going about it surely breaking all etiquette that exists between clubs! To name us and us only before anything agreed yet say other bids are in but won't name clubs is discriminatory against Ipswich Team whatever Warne's reasons. He either should name all clubs or no clubs.
You can't fault Rotherham... on 13:13 - Jul 15 with 629 viewsIllinoisblue

I’ve been there. You can.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

You can't fault Rotherham... on 13:16 - Jul 15 with 610 viewsipswichtillidie

I genuinely think they are desperate not to sell to us specifically. Not convinced the interest is out there below us to effect where he will end up. Suspect he will come and we will probably pay more than we had hoped.

Gav

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024