Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... 13:27 - Jul 21 with 1102 viewstractorboy1978

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/missing-out-on-targets.1555813/

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:33 - Jul 21 with 1054 viewsPhilTWTD

I think they may be right with them being linked with players they weren't in for. There's been a lot of that here as well. Agents just trying to make it look like their players are attracting the division's bigger clubs.

Someone suggested to me earlier in the summer that Sunderland don't have much cash, which their business so far would suggest might well be the case.
This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:35 - Jul 21 with 1019 viewsjayessess

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:33 - Jul 21 by PhilTWTD

I think they may be right with them being linked with players they weren't in for. There's been a lot of that here as well. Agents just trying to make it look like their players are attracting the division's bigger clubs.

Someone suggested to me earlier in the summer that Sunderland don't have much cash, which their business so far would suggest might well be the case.

Weird if that's the case, isn't it? Weren't the Louis-Dreyfus family supposed to be pumping millions in?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 13:40]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:36 - Jul 21 with 1001 viewssaffers12

Phil, are we thinking today for Coulsen?
This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:37 - Jul 21 with 992 viewsMerseyBlue

"They all do it mate, constantly looking for one up man ship over the biggest team in the league. Macanthony at Peterborough used to always mention us when they signed a player."

I can honestly say that Sunderland are the biggest club in the league that I'm not that worried about.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:40 - Jul 21 with 958 viewstractorboy1978

Yeah, probably some truth in that.

I do find it funny how a lot of fans get over excited about their own signings and by the same token disregard and discredit rivals signings. I don't know how they can objectively look at the business of both clubs this summer and suggest they've signed better players!

They do seem a strange breed - seem to despise Charlie Wyke despite him scoring 31 goals for them last season. I'll be hugely surprised if they sign a better centre forward this summer.
This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:44 - Jul 21 with 926 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Interesting OP there. None of the players we have signed are any better than what we already have (according to the Sunderland fan in the OP) and they are in a market for better players than who we are signing.

Time will tell.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:47 - Jul 21 with 896 viewsNthQldITFC

At the bottom of page three is a splendid example of de-portmanteauisation (not the correct description I know, but I like the word I just invented), whereby 'one-upmanship' has become 'one up man ship'.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:57 - Jul 21 with 834 viewsKropotkin123

Some of their fans seem to be trying desperately hard to convince themselves that they aren't moving backwards this season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 14:00 - Jul 21 with 810 viewsPhilTWTD

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:36 - Jul 21 by saffers12

Phil, are we thinking today for Coulsen?

I don't think so, later in the week I believe.
This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 14:03 - Jul 21 with 776 viewsPhilTWTD

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:35 - Jul 21 by jayessess

Weird if that's the case, isn't it? Weren't the Louis-Dreyfus family supposed to be pumping millions in?
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 13:40]

Supposedly.
This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 14:11 - Jul 21 with 729 viewsjayessess

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:57 - Jul 21 by Kropotkin123

Some of their fans seem to be trying desperately hard to convince themselves that they aren't moving backwards this season.

Natural given what they were told during the takeover, I think?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 14:39 - Jul 21 with 615 viewsParsley

This is a funny thread if anyone has 5 minutes... on 13:40 - Jul 21 by tractorboy1978

Yeah, probably some truth in that.

I do find it funny how a lot of fans get over excited about their own signings and by the same token disregard and discredit rivals signings. I don't know how they can objectively look at the business of both clubs this summer and suggest they've signed better players!

They do seem a strange breed - seem to despise Charlie Wyke despite him scoring 31 goals for them last season. I'll be hugely surprised if they sign a better centre forward this summer.

I like that as well. We tend to focus on our own clubs though naturally. I didn't know much about most of our signings previously but when they join and you find out a bit more about them, coupled with the inherent optimism (delusion?) of being a football fan then you naturally get excited. For an outsider they probably just see 'oh Ipswich have signed a league 2 goalie' for example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024