Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) 15:22 - Aug 25 with 2352 viewswkj

Following the struggles of the good people of Lowestoft, it was bought to my attention that ice cream van drivers can only chime for 12 seconds.

Well, being the self appointed community-spirited arbiter of fun for East Suffolk, I decided I would keep a log of the chimes of our local ice cream van. I want people to have fun, but not too much fun - so we can keep realistic expectations.

Well - in my local area, I discovered the following

Thursday - 16 seconds at 15:15
Friday - 14 seconds at 14:57
Saturday - 20 seconds at 14:30
Sunday - Day 4... Nothing
Monday - Day 5... Nothing
Tuesday - 15 seconds at 15:19

As you can see there are varying degrees of fun here, and all of those fun bursts are over 12 seconds long. It is ridiculous that these ice cream van drivers are trying to undo my hard work on guarnteeing the villages have the correct levels of fun thrown at them...

how should I go about reporting this sub-human scum?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:23 - Aug 25 with 2136 viewsusm

The average is well under 12 sec, so all good.

Nothing to see hear.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:24 - Aug 25 with 2139 viewsBlueBadger

Pah! That's got nothing on what's going down in Frinton.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/19534663.frinton-residents-divided-arrival-m

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:25 - Aug 25 with 2124 viewswkj

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:24 - Aug 25 by BlueBadger

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/19534663.frinton-residents-divided-arrival-m

10/10 for the arms cross outrage photo.

You can tell that sh*t is going down with that arm crossy frown.

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:28 - Aug 25 with 2108 viewswkj

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:23 - Aug 25 by usm

Nothing to see hear.

Then maybe we're not getting enough fun? Over 5 days we've been screwed out of 1.2 seconds of fun per day!

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:30 - Aug 25 with 2100 viewsleitrimblue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:25 - Aug 25 by wkj

10/10 for the arms cross outrage photo.

You can tell that sh*t is going down with that arm crossy frown.

'our town is not a seaside resort' stated councilor Terry Allen photographed directly in front of the sea
All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:57 - Aug 25 with 2028 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:23 - Aug 25 by usm

Nothing to see hear.

Indeed. Like annualised hours in the EU working time directive.

It might be worth recording them, though, ready for passing on the evidence. The courts will likely want to know more detail than simply to the nearest second.

It might even simply be a case of getting the van driver a more accurate time piece.

Besides, the children need to be able to hear when he has run out of ice cream to sell.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 16:01 - Aug 25 with 2013 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:57 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. Like annualised hours in the EU working time directive.

It might be worth recording them, though, ready for passing on the evidence. The courts will likely want to know more detail than simply to the nearest second.

It might even simply be a case of getting the van driver a more accurate time piece.

Besides, the children need to be able to hear when he has run out of ice cream to sell.

Literally just heard a chime here. Went to start a timer on my phone and it stopped. Must have been shorter than 5 seconds. Not really fair on those kids who didn't hear it and expect him to still have ice cream left.

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 16:07 - Aug 25 with 1985 viewsleitrimblue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 16:01 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Literally just heard a chime here. Went to start a timer on my phone and it stopped. Must have been shorter than 5 seconds. Not really fair on those kids who didn't hear it and expect him to still have ice cream left.

I think the shorter 5 second chime is a good idea. Breeds a more competitive spirit into the kids. Only those that were waiting an listening or those with the sharpest elbows and survival of the fittest/sh1test attitude get an ice cream. The rest will have to make do with Sparkles, brunchs and big foots etc. Important life lessons learned
Login to get fewer ads

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 16:11 - Aug 25 with 1975 viewsKeno

"good people of Lowestoft"

there's an oxymoron for you

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 16:24 - Aug 25 with 1934 viewsWeWereZombies

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:30 - Aug 25 by leitrimblue

'our town is not a seaside resort' stated councilor Terry Allen photographed directly in front of the sea

I get up in the morning slaving for ice cream
So that every mouth can be cool — poor me Frintonites

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 16:26 - Aug 25 with 1923 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:30 - Aug 25 by leitrimblue

Is that Frinton-on-sea?

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 16:31 - Aug 25 with 1915 viewsBlueBadger

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 16:11 - Aug 25 by Keno

"good people of Lowestoft"

there's an oxymoron for you

FREE THE FOOTERS ONE

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 17:01 - Aug 25 with 1849 viewsNthQldITFC

So it's the length of the chime rather than the high tone of it that irks?

I always turn to the wisdom of the philosopher known as Jay Zed on matters like these...

"I've got 99 problems, but the pitch ain't one"

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 17:10 - Aug 25 with 1821 viewsleitrimblue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 17:01 - Aug 25 by NthQldITFC

So it's the length of the chime rather than the high tone of it that irks?

I always turn to the wisdom of the philosopher known as Jay Zed on matters like these...

"I've got 99 problems, but the pitch ain't one"

I feel safe in the knowledge that if the philosopher Jay Zed was an ice cream man he would always have crushed nuts
All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 18:15 - Aug 25 with 1749 viewsfactual_blue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 15:24 - Aug 25 by BlueBadger

You know the old saying - Harwich for the continent. Frinton for the incontinent.

Anybody trying to create an ageist slur involving me and 'incontinence' will be reported to the organisations who investigate this sort of thing.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 18:29 - Aug 25 with 1717 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 18:15 - Aug 25 by factual_blue

You know the old saying - Harwich for the continent. Frinton for the incontinent.

Anybody trying to create an ageist slur involving me and 'incontinence' will be reported to the organisations who investigate this sort of thing.

Is Spruce still handling those complaints? It is just a nasty rumour that he will take the fee but simply file the complaints?

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 19:35 - Aug 25 with 1648 viewswkj

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 18:29 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is Spruce still handling those complaints? It is just a nasty rumour that he will take the fee but simply file the complaints?

Spruce recently got promoted. He now sells Ice cream in Frinton.

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 19:37 - Aug 25 with 1641 viewsDanTheMan

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 19:35 - Aug 25 by wkj

Spruce recently got promoted. He now sells Ice cream in Frinton.

For the low price of $17.95 + VAT?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 19:38 - Aug 25 with 1639 viewswkj

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 19:37 - Aug 25 by DanTheMan

For the low price of $17.95 + VAT?

$24.95 + VAT now - Covid innit.

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 20:03 - Aug 25 with 1607 viewsfactual_blue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 18:29 - Aug 25 by Nthsuffolkblue

He lost the contract as he dealt with the perpetrators with a disappointingly low level of violence.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 20:29 - Aug 25 with 1545 viewsPendejo

After reading that report I timed the next 2 I've cream vans I saw / heard using the scientific one thousand, two thousand Etc method and they did indeed stop at 12 seconds.

Good job those people don't live somewhere like inner London where police / emergency services sirens are masked out by the sound of the low flying Cooper chopper and the local primary school's burglar alarm going off all night. Burglar alarms are limited to 20 minutes bursts, after a minister's break off it goes again.

Then there's the family who this weekend will play their music loud enough for me to understand every word... And they live the other side of a 3 story back of flats.

Thankfully the unemployed (unemployable) drunken shouty white trash moved out over 5 years ago.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 20:48 - Aug 25 with 1515 viewsronnyd

Pity the noise police can't do anything about the demented moron who gives PE lessons to the kids at my local school. I thought that he'd swallowed it today as it seemed to be blown with every breath.
All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 20:52 - Aug 25 with 1504 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 20:29 - Aug 25 by Pendejo

After reading that report I timed the next 2 I've cream vans I saw / heard using the scientific one thousand, two thousand Etc method and they did indeed stop at 12 seconds.

Good job those people don't live somewhere like inner London where police / emergency services sirens are masked out by the sound of the low flying Cooper chopper and the local primary school's burglar alarm going off all night. Burglar alarms are limited to 20 minutes bursts, after a minister's break off it goes again.

Then there's the family who this weekend will play their music loud enough for me to understand every word... And they live the other side of a 3 story back of flats.

Thankfully the unemployed (unemployable) drunken shouty white trash moved out over 5 years ago.

That is a decent break for the burglar alarm. Isn't a minister's break nearly 7 weeks?

Glad the block of flats is only a story too.

Sounds like you enjoy living in the big smoke.

I feel like Alan Retentive now.

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 08:44 - Aug 26 with 1311 viewsWeWereZombies

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 17:10 - Aug 25 by leitrimblue

I feel safe in the knowledge that if the philosopher Jay Zed was an ice cream man he would always have crushed nuts

Or laryngitis?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

All kicking off in East Suffolk (Ice Cream Vans) on 10:12 - Aug 26 with 1266 viewsblue62

Did you know there are electric vehicle ice cream vans, does make you wonder if the quality of the chime would be enhanced on the newer models.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024