Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matchday squad rule 23:39 - Sep 1 with 1205 viewsChocorange

If I understand it correctly , then one club developed player has to be included in every matchday squad.

If this is correct then , Wolf, El Miz or Clements must be at least on the bench for every game ?
Matchday squad rule on 23:43 - Sep 1 with 1183 viewsRamRob

No they can just name one less sub. Don't have to include one at all

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Matchday squad rule on 23:43 - Sep 1 with 1177 viewsJ2BLUE

Woolf almost certain to be in the squad if fit so not a big deal.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Matchday squad rule on 23:44 - Sep 1 with 1173 viewsJ2BLUE

Matchday squad rule on 23:43 - Sep 1 by RamRob

Would be pointless.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Matchday squad rule on 23:50 - Sep 1 with 1149 viewsRamRob

Matchday squad rule on 23:44 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

Would be pointless.

Pointless yes, however the question was if we HAD to name one in the match squad - the answer is no, but we would forfeit a substitute by doing so.

If a club had no "club developed players" they would only be allowed 6 subs max

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Matchday squad rule on 08:09 - Sep 2 with 923 viewsChocorange

Matchday squad rule on 23:43 - Sep 1 by J2BLUE

Woolf almost certain to be in the squad if fit so not a big deal.

Not sure Wolf would be a def choice when the other 3 centre backs are all fit and available.
Matchday squad rule on 08:58 - Sep 2 with 864 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Matchday squad rule on 08:09 - Sep 2 by Chocorange

Not sure Wolf would be a def choice when the other 3 centre backs are all fit and available.

Donacien above Woolf? Are you sure on that?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Matchday squad rule on 10:00 - Sep 2 with 803 viewsParsley

Matchday squad rule on 23:43 - Sep 1 by RamRob

My understanding was that there had to be one in the squad of 22, which for us is Wolfenden and if there wasn't then you'd have to have one sub fewer. That doesn't mean Wolfenden has to sit on the bench every week.
Matchday squad rule on 10:13 - Sep 2 with 790 viewsitfcjoe

Matchday squad rule on 10:00 - Sep 2 by Parsley

My understanding was that there had to be one in the squad of 22, which for us is Wolfenden and if there wasn't then you'd have to have one sub fewer. That doesn't mean Wolfenden has to sit on the bench every week.

In the matchday 18 there has to be 1, so if you can't it becomes a matchday 17

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Matchday squad rule on 10:37 - Sep 2 with 756 viewsParsley

Matchday squad rule on 10:13 - Sep 2 by itfcjoe

In the matchday 18 there has to be 1, so if you can't it becomes a matchday 17

I may well be wrong but that's how I interpreted it from the EADT article:

"Clubs are also required to name at least one ‘club-developed player’ on their squad list or in a matchday 18."

"Had Town not been able to name a club-developed player in their 22-man squad, they would have been restricted to naming just six substitutes unless they then called on an academy player under the age of 21 to sit on the bench for every game."

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-pushing-efl-squad-rules-to-the-li
Matchday squad rule on 10:43 - Sep 2 with 742 viewsHerbivore

Matchday squad rule on 08:09 - Sep 2 by Chocorange

He'd be on the bench ahead of Nsiala as he offers a bit more flexibility and has more all round ability, imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Matchday squad rule on 11:04 - Sep 2 with 688 viewsfranz_tyson

If Woolf is injured then you might as well stick a kid on the bench, else we’d be down to 17.

Looks like there’s a real push to get these under 23’s loan deals, so El Miz, Clements could go out on loan. If Woolf does get injured, we could be ina strange situation where an unknown 18 year old keeps a big signing out of the squad.

Due to this rule, that’s another nail in Toto’s coffin.
Matchday squad rule on 11:13 - Sep 2 with 672 viewstractorboy1978

Matchday squad rule on 10:37 - Sep 2 by Parsley

I may well be wrong but that's how I interpreted it from the EADT article:

"Clubs are also required to name at least one ‘club-developed player’ on their squad list or in a matchday 18."

"Had Town not been able to name a club-developed player in their 22-man squad, they would have been restricted to naming just six substitutes unless they then called on an academy player under the age of 21 to sit on the bench for every game."

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-pushing-efl-squad-rules-to-the-li

I read it the same as you. Phil put this in another thread yesterday. EITHER and OR being the key words.

"Club Developed Players. Subject to Regulation 33.12, for League Matches which take place after the submission of the Club’s Squad List only, each Club shall be required to nominate at least one Club Developed Player on either the Squad List, or on the Team Sheet for all League Matches (including Play Off Matches). Where a Club does not name a Club Developed Player on either it’s Squad List or Team Sheet, the Club will only be permitted to name up to six substitutes on the Team Sheet (rather than the seven as permitted by Regulation 33.4)."
[Post edited 2 Sep 2021 11:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024