Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Woolfie isn't injured 16:17 - Sep 11 with 2384 viewsGlasgowBlue

Then it was absolutely criminal of Cook to throw Edmunson straight into the starting elven.

The bloke has had no pre season and came here injured.

Surely he should have had 15 minutes here and there before becoming a starter?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If Woolfie isn't injured on 16:18 - Sep 11 with 2354 viewshomer_123

No...I'd say Cook called it right...ohhhh

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If Woolfie isn't injured on 16:18 - Sep 11 with 2346 viewsgordon

Definitely, it's been a shambles back there.
If Woolfie isn't injured on 16:21 - Sep 11 with 2311 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The problem is deeper than who is playing. Whatever team has been on the pitch has conceded 2 goals every match. Now we are being run ragged.

Brenner Woolley says he isn't going to be sacked in the morning. Well he isn't going to be here in 2 weeks is he?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If Woolfie isn't injured on 18:03 - Sep 11 with 2176 viewspointofblue

If Woolfie isn't injured on 16:21 - Sep 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

The problem is deeper than who is playing. Whatever team has been on the pitch has conceded 2 goals every match. Now we are being run ragged.

Brenner Woolley says he isn't going to be sacked in the morning. Well he isn't going to be here in 2 weeks is he?

Well, I tried to say that at the time, but so many seemed desperate to just blame Woolfenden.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If Woolfie isn't injured on 18:33 - Sep 11 with 2065 viewsJammyDodgerrr

It's not that outrageous- spent a million quid on the key playing at a 'higher' level and he should be able to cope with that. Out of the defense today he looked the best anyway( a low bar obviously) so not sure quite what you're getting at.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

If Woolfie isn't injured on 02:34 - Sep 12 with 1933 viewspointofblue

If Woolfie isn't injured on 18:33 - Sep 11 by JammyDodgerrr

It's not that outrageous- spent a million quid on the key playing at a 'higher' level and he should be able to cope with that. Out of the defense today he looked the best anyway( a low bar obviously) so not sure quite what you're getting at.

The defence was shambolic and none of them came out of it looking good. Edmundson looked out of his depth in the second half though, admittedly, so did everyone but Burns, Aluko and Bonne.

If Woolfie isn't injured on 07:09 - Sep 12 with 1777 viewsgordon

If Woolfie isn't injured on 18:33 - Sep 11 by JammyDodgerrr

He was appalling, dreadful marking for the first goal, made no effort to get close to the scorer when it was obvious he could have a clear chance.
If Woolfie isn't injured on 07:09 - Sep 12 with 1772 viewsPinewoodblue

If Woolfie isn't injured on 02:34 - Sep 12 by pointofblue

The defence was shambolic and none of them came out of it looking good. Edmundson looked out of his depth in the second half though, admittedly, so did everyone but Burns, Aluko and Bonne.

Edmundson’s first game should have been the Trophy game but suppose Cook was determined not to play Woolfenden, assuming he isn’t carrying an injury.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

If Woolfie isn't injured on 07:18 - Sep 12 with 1746 viewsITFCBlues

If Woolfie isn't injured on 07:09 - Sep 12 by gordon

He was appalling, dreadful marking for the first goal, made no effort to get close to the scorer when it was obvious he could have a clear chance.

Dreadful marking for the first goal. So you want our CB to be sitting on the right wing marking their left winger?

Ffs. KVY was horrific in the first 20 mins again. Edmundson had a poor game as well, but to blame his marking for the 1st goal is a stretch.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:40 - Sep 12 with 1604 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If Woolfie isn't injured on 07:18 - Sep 12 by ITFCBlues

Dreadful marking for the first goal. So you want our CB to be sitting on the right wing marking their left winger?

Ffs. KVY was horrific in the first 20 mins again. Edmundson had a poor game as well, but to blame his marking for the 1st goal is a stretch.

Eh? I’d watch it again if I was you. His positioning was fine when it was switched to the winger but he just completely failed to react from there, was miles from Afolayan when it was headed inside and Afolayan had time to bring it down, set himself and shoot as a result. Dreadful, lazy defending

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:51 - Sep 12 with 1570 viewsITFCBlues

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:40 - Sep 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Eh? I’d watch it again if I was you. His positioning was fine when it was switched to the winger but he just completely failed to react from there, was miles from Afolayan when it was headed inside and Afolayan had time to bring it down, set himself and shoot as a result. Dreadful, lazy defending

Eh? Not denying that he should've done better after KVY left him, but to say he should be marking a left winger is perhaps a stretch too far?

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:54 - Sep 12 with 1545 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:51 - Sep 12 by ITFCBlues

Eh? Not denying that he should've done better after KVY left him, but to say he should be marking a left winger is perhaps a stretch too far?

I have no idea what you’re on about, no one has suggested he should have been sat on the right marking their left winger?

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:56 - Sep 12 with 1530 viewsITFCBlues

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:54 - Sep 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I have no idea what you’re on about, no one has suggested he should have been sat on the right marking their left winger?

Suggest you read the thread then before commenting 👍

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:00 - Sep 12 with 1477 viewsgordon

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:51 - Sep 12 by ITFCBlues

Worth watching it again - once the crossfield pass is hit towards the player in the left-wing position, KVY has to close this down, and the danger from Afolayan is obvious and Edmundson is facing play and can clearly see Afolayan is in space in a dangerous position, and he absolutely has to close down that space and get goalside, and if he does there isn't even a chance. Nsiala would have been touch-tight to him in that situation, no question, probably won the ball and we wouldn't even have remembered the passage of play.

https://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-town-vs-bolton-wanderers/report/44796
If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:00 - Sep 12 with 1473 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If Woolfie isn't injured on 08:56 - Sep 12 by ITFCBlues

Suggest you read the thread then before commenting 👍

I have, no one has said anything of the sort. The post you replied to said ‘He was appalling, dreadful marking for the first goal, made no effort to get close to the scorer when it was obvious he could have a clear chance.’, which is absolutely spot on IMO as per my post above

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:05 - Sep 12 with 1444 viewsgordon

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:00 - Sep 12 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I have, no one has said anything of the sort. The post you replied to said ‘He was appalling, dreadful marking for the first goal, made no effort to get close to the scorer when it was obvious he could have a clear chance.’, which is absolutely spot on IMO as per my post above

Yes, see above - it's hard for a defender when the forward is the behind him while play is developing, but in this case Edmundson is facing the ball and can clearly see the position of the attacker and that the attacker is unmarked in a dangerous space, yet doesn't even attempt to close down the space. Think he just hoped that the wide player wouldn't get the header right or wouldn't spot the pass.
If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:06 - Sep 12 with 1436 viewsRomeo4

For what it’s worth I think the back four yesterday is the best we have. They obviously weren’t great but I think the main problem yesterday was the totally ineffective shield in front of them.

The wide open areas between our holding 2 midfielders and the front 4 provided Bolton the space to dictate play and launch attacks against our totally exposed and shapeless back line. Alarming stuff.
If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:10 - Sep 12 with 1416 viewsgordon

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:06 - Sep 12 by Romeo4

For what it’s worth I think the back four yesterday is the best we have. They obviously weren’t great but I think the main problem yesterday was the totally ineffective shield in front of them.

The wide open areas between our holding 2 midfielders and the front 4 provided Bolton the space to dictate play and launch attacks against our totally exposed and shapeless back line. Alarming stuff.

Agree that Harper and Evans looked woeful defensively (not that they contributed offensively), but the centre-backs did look very poor yesterday too.
If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:20 - Sep 12 with 1355 viewsITFCBlues

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:05 - Sep 12 by gordon

Yes, see above - it's hard for a defender when the forward is the behind him while play is developing, but in this case Edmundson is facing the ball and can clearly see the position of the attacker and that the attacker is unmarked in a dangerous space, yet doesn't even attempt to close down the space. Think he just hoped that the wide player wouldn't get the header right or wouldn't spot the pass.

Just watched again and hold my hands up, didnt play out how I thought it had originally.

All the goals we concede are sides exploiting our high full backs.

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:47 - Sep 12 with 1279 viewsRomeo4

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:20 - Sep 12 by ITFCBlues

Just watched again and hold my hands up, didnt play out how I thought it had originally.

Yep. I always thought that Cook like to allow his FB’s to bomb on in the knowledge that the 2 holding MFs would provide some cover for them. I’ve not seen Harper or Evans step wider than the width of the penalty areas once meaningfully.

Maybe I have that wrong about Cook’s system. But either way, by allowing FB’s to get forward and not having any cover for the space they vacate just allows the opposition to hurt us in transition by targeting this space. Bolton did this very effectively.
If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:54 - Sep 12 with 1257 viewsRadlett_blue

You seriously think a CB should be eased back by bringing him on for 15 minutes here & there & disrupting a defence? Very strange.
Arguable Edmunson should first have had an U23 game of waited for the Micky Mouse Cup next week.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:58 - Sep 12 with 1232 viewspointofblue

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:54 - Sep 12 by Radlett_blue

You seriously think a CB should be eased back by bringing him on for 15 minutes here & there & disrupting a defence? Very strange.
Arguable Edmunson should first have had an U23 game of waited for the Micky Mouse Cup next week.

Yes, there’s no point changing the defence late on in the game, unless leading by three clear goals or something, but Woolfenden and Burgess were building an understanding and actually looked relatively solid from open play and that was with utterly no midfield in front of them to speak of. The weird thing was we looked better defending set pieces yesterday but I guess Bolton didn’t need them when they could cut through us at will.

If Woolfie isn't injured on 10:16 - Sep 12 with 1188 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:20 - Sep 12 by ITFCBlues

Fair play

If Woolfie isn't injured on 10:21 - Sep 12 with 1155 viewsBiGDonnie

If Woolfie isn't injured on 09:00 - Sep 12 by gordon

Worth watching it again - once the crossfield pass is hit towards the player in the left-wing position, KVY has to close this down, and the danger from Afolayan is obvious and Edmundson is facing play and can clearly see Afolayan is in space in a dangerous position, and he absolutely has to close down that space and get goalside, and if he does there isn't even a chance. Nsiala would have been touch-tight to him in that situation, no question, probably won the ball and we wouldn't even have remembered the passage of play.

https://www.skysports.com/football/ipswich-town-vs-bolton-wanderers/report/44796

Remember the training clips pre season?

"You've gotta want it, you've gotta f**kin want it"?

They look they want anything but 'it'!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024