Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F1 spoiler 14:48 - Sep 12 with 2256 viewsbluelagos

Bit of preamble for those who don't wish to know what is happening to watch it later on C4...

Jeez that halo thing did it's job for Lewis Hamilton there!

Do the stewards have the ability to punish either of them for the next race? Suspect it'll go down as a racing incident but for me 70:30 of the blame on Hamilton...

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

F1 spoiler on 14:56 - Sep 12 with 2209 viewspositivity

i'd say the opposite, verstappen did a similar job on hamilton in lap 1, but hamilton wasn't reckless enough to force the contact.

probably a racing incident in the shakedown though.

agree about the halo, that's a proper test for it and the only thing that matters in the long run

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

F1 spoiler on 14:59 - Sep 12 with 2196 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

I think it was just about 50/50, agree maybe slightly more on Lewis. Would think Hamilton was remembering Max not giving room on lap 1.

Could have been really nasty.
F1 spoiler on 15:01 - Sep 12 with 2184 viewsbluelagos

F1 spoiler on 14:59 - Sep 12 by DropCliffsNotBombs

I think it was just about 50/50, agree maybe slightly more on Lewis. Would think Hamilton was remembering Max not giving room on lap 1.

Could have been really nasty.

Suspect it will be a bit tasty in the pits later :-)

Reckon a car landing on top of your head - helmet or not - that's got to be broken neck hasn't it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

F1 spoiler on 16:50 - Sep 12 with 2054 viewsChondzoresk

Racing incident. Just delighted about first and second.
F1 spoiler on 17:53 - Sep 12 with 1971 viewspositivity

3 place penalty for verstappen. about right

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

F1 spoiler on 18:14 - Sep 12 with 1950 viewsTractorFrog

Surprisingly that's a grid penalty to Max. I would also have said racing incident.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

F1 spoiler on 18:38 - Sep 12 with 1927 viewsMerseyBlue

Horner and Verstappen were uncharacteristically sheepish in their interviews. They knew that given Hamilton had backed off on turn 4 in a similar situation, there's not really any excuse for not backing out there. Watching in real time it was very clear that having had the 11 second pit stop, Verstappen's head had gone. Glad he's got a penalty, could have been much, much worse were it not for the halo.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

F1 spoiler on 18:46 - Sep 12 with 1911 viewseireblue

I think they use wings and diffusers now.
Login to get fewer ads

F1 spoiler on 19:47 - Sep 12 with 1847 viewschrismakin

Im surpised more hasn't been said about Max accelerating whilst his wheel was on top of Hamiltons head!

The car stops on top the Merc, then you see the backwheels spin into action.

He then gets out, walks away without a care in the world.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 19:48]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

F1 spoiler on 20:37 - Sep 12 with 1786 viewsF1Blue

F1 spoiler on 19:47 - Sep 12 by chrismakin

Im surpised more hasn't been said about Max accelerating whilst his wheel was on top of Hamiltons head!

The car stops on top the Merc, then you see the backwheels spin into action.

He then gets out, walks away without a care in the world.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 19:48]

Max isn't an arseholes.. He certainly wouldn't put anyone in danger on purpose. Dont think anyone on the grid would to be honest.

Max marginally at error.. But its a racing incident.. Unlike Silverstone which was a joke.
F1 spoiler on 21:29 - Sep 12 with 1751 viewschrismakin

F1 spoiler on 20:37 - Sep 12 by F1Blue

Max isn't an arseholes.. He certainly wouldn't put anyone in danger on purpose. Dont think anyone on the grid would to be honest.

Max marginally at error.. But its a racing incident.. Unlike Silverstone which was a joke.

Max is all about himself, he's the reason so many rules got introduced as he takes no ones safety into consideration.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

F1 spoiler on 21:36 - Sep 12 with 1735 viewsTrequartista

As ever, whenever these incidents happen, i have to be honest and say I don't really have the first clue who is to blame, if anyone. I then listen to all the pundits including the ex-F1 drivers and realise although they are knowledgeable, they have no idea of what the outcome will be.

After all this i thought it 50-50 - Max was entitled to make a move but could have backed out, Lewis should have left a bit more room.

Very surprised to see a grid penalty for Max. Perhaps the fact his wheel was on Lewis' head had an influence on the decision.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

F1 spoiler on 21:44 - Sep 12 with 1706 viewsF1Blue

F1 spoiler on 21:29 - Sep 12 by chrismakin

Max is all about himself, he's the reason so many rules got introduced as he takes no ones safety into consideration.

He's a lot more friendly than Mr LH..

There's not a single driver who 'doesn't take safety into consideration'. Broad sweeping statement.. You don't know the lad.

What rules have been brought in because of Maxs driving?

Dont beleive all you read in the press!
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 21:45]
F1 spoiler on 21:55 - Sep 12 with 1669 viewsTractorFrog

F1 spoiler on 21:44 - Sep 12 by F1Blue

There's not a single driver who 'doesn't take safety into consideration'. Broad sweeping statement.. You don't know the lad.

I believe this is referring to the ‘moving under braking’ that Verstappen used to do before it got banned. However, I still don’t think the statement is fair; all drivers care about safety. I am very much a neutral in this title battle, and I would say this one was a racing incident, while the Silverstone one was marginally more Hamilton’s fault, with the penalty being correct. Strange that both incidents came after the sprint races, which absolutely need to go for next year.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 21:56]

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!

F1 spoiler on 21:58 - Sep 12 with 1663 viewschrismakin

F1 spoiler on 21:44 - Sep 12 by F1Blue

What's the press got to do with anything, it's in the FIA documents and was discussed in depth when it was introduced..

The Movement after Breaking rule came in because of Max, the biggest change made due his recklessness prime example.

And, when Max crashed in Silverstone.. lewis asked is he ok immediately

what did max do today, whilst sitting on top of his car, not knowing if he'd even killed lewis which at that very moment, could have happened

" That's what you get"

F1 spoiler on 22:02 - Sep 12 with 1647 viewsTractorFrog

I was also unimpressed that Verstappen didn’t check Hamilton was okay, especially given that he criticised Hamilton for celebrating his win in Silverstone even though Hamilton knew he was fine by that point.

F1 spoiler on 22:05 - Sep 12 with 1634 viewsF1Blue

F1 spoiler on 21:58 - Sep 12 by chrismakin

What's the press got to do with anything, it's in the FIA documents and was discussed in depth when it was introduced..

The Movement after Breaking rule came in because of Max, the biggest change made due his recklessness prime example.

And, when Max crashed in Silverstone.. lewis asked is he ok immediately

what did max do today, whilst sitting on top of his car, not knowing if he'd even killed lewis which at that very moment, could have happened

" That's what you get"

Don't get the hate for Max..

Yeah Lewis asked.. He knows damn well that will go out on broadcast. Celebrating when Max had gone to hospital. That's OK though?

I'm pretty sure Max knew he was fine.. I mean trying to reverse when he can see the other driver trying to get out the vehicle?

Problem is F1 have fans who don't have the mindset of a racing driver. They have split seconds to make decisions on what to do.. Silverstone was bad.. But long and short it was still a racing incident.. As today was.

Won't have it that Max doesn't care.. Absolute tosh!
F1 spoiler on 22:12 - Sep 12 with 1606 viewschrismakin

F1 spoiler on 22:05 - Sep 12 by F1Blue

Don't get the hate for Max..

Yeah Lewis asked.. He knows damn well that will go out on broadcast. Celebrating when Max had gone to hospital. That's OK though?

I'm pretty sure Max knew he was fine.. I mean trying to reverse when he can see the other driver trying to get out the vehicle?

Problem is F1 have fans who don't have the mindset of a racing driver. They have split seconds to make decisions on what to do.. Silverstone was bad.. But long and short it was still a racing incident.. As today was.

Won't have it that Max doesn't care.. Absolute tosh!

Lewis didn't know Max was in hospital, he found out during a live post race interview. Don't believe everything you read in the press. Toto confirmed live that Redbull told Mercs Max was ok. Only to bring up hospital afterwards, which again was precaution as with all high speed incidents.

The telementary showed he was reversing to get the wheel off his head. I did wonder if he was trying to get going again, almost like some sort of movie scene lol

Max has never showed a drivers mind, he shows a max mind, no interest in safety of anyone, Hamilton showed Max again at turn 1 what you do when the gap is closed, you back out, Max should have done the same, with colder tyres on Lewis's car, Max would have had him in the next straight anyway.

They always say the best champions know when to pick battles and IF Max doesn't win it this year, he'd have lost it himself. To many times this season ( Bottas accident aside) he could have backed out.

If he can learn when to do that, he'll be a great driver. But constant aggression will end in tears.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 22:19]

F1 spoiler on 22:29 - Sep 12 with 1577 viewsF1Blue

F1 spoiler on 22:12 - Sep 12 by chrismakin

Lewis didn't know Max was in hospital, he found out during a live post race interview. Don't believe everything you read in the press. Toto confirmed live that Redbull told Mercs Max was ok. Only to bring up hospital afterwards, which again was precaution as with all high speed incidents.

The telementary showed he was reversing to get the wheel off his head. I did wonder if he was trying to get going again, almost like some sort of movie scene lol

Max has never showed a drivers mind, he shows a max mind, no interest in safety of anyone, Hamilton showed Max again at turn 1 what you do when the gap is closed, you back out, Max should have done the same, with colder tyres on Lewis's car, Max would have had him in the next straight anyway.

They always say the best champions know when to pick battles and IF Max doesn't win it this year, he'd have lost it himself. To many times this season ( Bottas accident aside) he could have backed out.

If he can learn when to do that, he'll be a great driver. But constant aggression will end in tears.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 22:19]

The telematary showed this? Atlas doesn't show your intention.. Just what gear and revs you've selected amongst other things.

The whole Mercs knowing etc at Silverstone isn't the entire truth.

Theres a fierce rivalry.. I know lads in the Merc garage. On a Sunday they're the enemy but socially were mates.. The same is with the drivers too... Apart from 1! I'll Let you be the judge...

See so much sprouted online about Max and Red Bull etc.. And lewis to be fair. The social side of the fans is so toxic.. You don't know the drivers.. You can't possibly say they're one thing or another.. Max is a decent lad.
F1 spoiler on 22:41 - Sep 12 with 1538 viewschrismakin

F1 spoiler on 22:29 - Sep 12 by F1Blue

The telematary showed this? Atlas doesn't show your intention.. Just what gear and revs you've selected amongst other things.

The whole Mercs knowing etc at Silverstone isn't the entire truth.

Theres a fierce rivalry.. I know lads in the Merc garage. On a Sunday they're the enemy but socially were mates.. The same is with the drivers too... Apart from 1! I'll Let you be the judge...

See so much sprouted online about Max and Red Bull etc.. And lewis to be fair. The social side of the fans is so toxic.. You don't know the drivers.. You can't possibly say they're one thing or another.. Max is a decent lad.

Max could be a fluffy little kitten as a person, that's not important. It's what mindset he takes into races.

If he wins it this season, good for him. And lewis can blame himself for Baku. Said at the time I think that will be 'the' race that ends his championship
but if Max wants to be a 'great' he needs to remember finishing races is going to win him more championships than going all out at any cost.

F1 spoiler on 22:47 - Sep 12 with 1521 viewsF1Blue

F1 spoiler on 22:41 - Sep 12 by chrismakin

Max could be a fluffy little kitten as a person, that's not important. It's what mindset he takes into races.

If he wins it this season, good for him. And lewis can blame himself for Baku. Said at the time I think that will be 'the' race that ends his championship
but if Max wants to be a 'great' he needs to remember finishing races is going to win him more championships than going all out at any cost.

It's not important what he's like? You've just spent time criticising saying he doesn't care about anyone but himself?

The lads fierce.. And quick.. Bloody quick!

Wouldn't change him...
F1 spoiler on 23:02 - Sep 12 with 1505 viewschrismakin

F1 spoiler on 22:47 - Sep 12 by F1Blue

It's not important what he's like? You've just spent time criticising saying he doesn't care about anyone but himself?

The lads fierce.. And quick.. Bloody quick!

Wouldn't change him...

When he races he certainly has no safety concerns of others no.

Doesn't mean away from the track he's a prk.

F1 spoiler on 23:05 - Sep 12 with 1498 viewsF1Blue

F1 spoiler on 23:02 - Sep 12 by chrismakin

When he races he certainly has no safety concerns of others no.

Doesn't mean away from the track he's a prk.

Sorry that's absolute rubbish. Having worked with Max trackside hearing every radio message between him and GP.. Thats completely wrong.
F1 spoiler on 07:48 - Sep 13 with 1381 viewsmikeybloo88

F1 spoiler on 21:36 - Sep 12 by Trequartista

As ever, whenever these incidents happen, i have to be honest and say I don't really have the first clue who is to blame, if anyone. I then listen to all the pundits including the ex-F1 drivers and realise although they are knowledgeable, they have no idea of what the outcome will be.

After all this i thought it 50-50 - Max was entitled to make a move but could have backed out, Lewis should have left a bit more room.

Very surprised to see a grid penalty for Max. Perhaps the fact his wheel was on Lewis' head had an influence on the decision.

Like the Elliot incident at Leeds, I reckon the dramatic outcome may have swayed the officials decision. If Max and Hamilton had just locked wheels and slid off the track together I doubt any penalty...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024