Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
today sees the release of McCartney iii 20:06 - Sep 18 with 1578 viewsnodge_blue

Positives:

Burgess was terrific today. Got his head on most crosses and good strong centre half display.
We looked more solid as a side and not so soft.
Bonne look like he will score consistently given the chances.
Harper had his best game imo - albeit further up the pitch than he usually plays.

Negatives:

Fraser - just not enough from him.
Coulson - injury
we struggled to control the game. Lincoln probably deserved a point.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 20:24 - Sep 18 with 1427 viewsOldboy

Fraser was decent and will get better. No negativity from me today. WE WON.
today sees the release of McCartney iii on 21:55 - Sep 18 with 1278 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Other sources say that album was released nine months ago.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 21:59 - Sep 18 with 1249 viewsjayessess

I was just thinking how good Fraser was today, actually. He played a bit deeper and got a lot more involved in the build-up play and pretty much every incisive pass into the penalty area was his. Faded in the second half as Lincoln pressed much higher, but that was largely because they suffocated our 2 centre midfielders (largely because the allegedly defensive one lost every 50-50 he contested and got dribbled past about 10 times), so the ball never got to Fraser.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 23:08 - Sep 18 with 1096 viewsnodge_blue

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 21:55 - Sep 18 by BasingstokeBlue

Other sources say that album was released nine months ago.

I’ve got no idea how that title got pre filled like that. So surreal I think it will have to stay.

Good album though.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 23:17 - Sep 18 with 1066 viewsDarth_Koont

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 21:59 - Sep 18 by jayessess

I was just thinking how good Fraser was today, actually. He played a bit deeper and got a lot more involved in the build-up play and pretty much every incisive pass into the penalty area was his. Faded in the second half as Lincoln pressed much higher, but that was largely because they suffocated our 2 centre midfielders (largely because the allegedly defensive one lost every 50-50 he contested and got dribbled past about 10 times), so the ball never got to Fraser.

I said it before that Fraser was going to be a Marmite player. He’s often frustrating and laboured in the midfield areas but around the box he’s better than anyone we’ve had in years.

There was one reverse pass from Celina to set up Burns who turned upon the left and Coulson’s cross for Bonne was great but, as you say, there were at least three or four beautifully angled and weighted passes from Fraser that set up equally good chances.

Pronouns: He/Him

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 08:04 - Sep 19 with 838 viewswkj

I don't think Lincoln did deserve a point in all honesty - they had a lot of the ball, especially in the 2nd half, however - they didn't do sod all with it.

Kind of like us under Lambert

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 08:07 - Sep 19 with 825 viewstextbackup

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 23:17 - Sep 18 by Darth_Koont

I said it before that Fraser was going to be a Marmite player. He’s often frustrating and laboured in the midfield areas but around the box he’s better than anyone we’ve had in years.

There was one reverse pass from Celina to set up Burns who turned upon the left and Coulson’s cross for Bonne was great but, as you say, there were at least three or four beautifully angled and weighted passes from Fraser that set up equally good chances.

theres a touch of the brett pitmanns about him i thought

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 08:58 - Sep 19 with 745 viewsGlasgowBlue

Great to see us find our way yesterday.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 09:05 - Sep 19 with 728 viewsMummy_Short_Arms

Not enough from Fraser?! Are you kidding me? Possibly his best game thus far. Constantly tracked back - wouldn't surprise me if he put in the most miles today. Also played around 3 perfectly weighted defence splitting passes. Been a long time since we had someone doing that.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 9:06]
today sees the release of McCartney iii on 09:09 - Sep 19 with 708 viewsChocorange

today sees the release of McCartney iii on 09:05 - Sep 19 by Mummy_Short_Arms

Not enough from Fraser?! Are you kidding me? Possibly his best game thus far. Constantly tracked back - wouldn't surprise me if he put in the most miles today. Also played around 3 perfectly weighted defence splitting passes. Been a long time since we had someone doing that.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 9:06]

Totally agree , Fraser was involved hugely , some incisive passing , and closed down and tracked back time after time to keep Lincoln pinned in their half .

Some people either don’t see what’s in front of them, or have an agenda .
today sees the release of McCartney iii on 09:11 - Sep 19 with 694 viewsfranz_tyson

Fraser might drift in and out of games, but he can pick a pass and some of his passes were beautifully weighted and cut out their defence. Fraser my choice at number 10. Edwards and Celina will have to fight it out for the LW place.

And yes we didn’t control the game second half, but we soaked up the pressure pretty well. Didn’t think Lincoln deserved a point as they didn’t create enough.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024