Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Director of Football Operations appointed... 12:09 - Oct 15 with 1545 viewsKieran_Knows

... it's almost like this club is moving in to the 21st Century.

[Post edited 15 Oct 2021 12:12]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:11 - Oct 15 with 1514 viewshype313

Good stuff.

Is LON still doing bits at the club?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:12 - Oct 15 with 1510 viewsitfcjoe

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:11 - Oct 15 by hype313

Good stuff.

Is LON still doing bits at the club?

Academy Manager, back to his old role

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:14 - Oct 15 with 1469 viewshype313

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:12 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

To be fair, he has done a good job on that front, feel a bit sorry for him as he was thrown under the bus somewhat.

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:14 - Oct 15 with 1467 viewsKieran_Knows

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:12 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

Hence why Butcher was let go I think - with Klug now assisting Dyer.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:27 - Oct 15 with 1387 viewsFixed_It

Another stick for Bristol City fans to beat us with. No doubt they'll tell us he was rubbish too...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:28 - Oct 15 with 1372 viewsitfcjoe

New Director of Football Operations... on 12:14 - Oct 15 by hype313

To be fair, he has done a good job on that front, feel a bit sorry for him as he was thrown under the bus somewhat.

There are 5-6 people covering the jobs he was doing last year

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:29 - Oct 15 with 1363 viewschicoazul

Man, Ashton really doesn’t like spreading his recruitment net very widely does he.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:34 - Oct 15 with 1326 viewshype313

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:29 - Oct 15 by chicoazul

Man, Ashton really doesn’t like spreading his recruitment net very widely does he.

To be fair, not a lot of difference between what Ashton is doing than how most organisations operate, a lot of senior people will recruit people they have worked with before, and have that trust that they will come in and hit the ground running from the off.

Just recently my wife and her whole team of 12 were recruited by their previous MD who brought them all across into the new company.

Login to get fewer ads

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:49 - Oct 15 with 1265 viewsitfcjoe

It's funny that Lee O'Neill was billed as a PE teacher out of his depth when he was doing a bigger role at the club, and all we've done is appoint his counterpart at Bristol City to the role.

Academy Manager to Director of Football is a very common pathway, O'Neill was never underqualified for the role in the same way Probert isn't

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:01 - Oct 15 with 1189 viewsFixed_It

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:49 - Oct 15 by itfcjoe

It's funny that Lee O'Neill was billed as a PE teacher out of his depth when he was doing a bigger role at the club, and all we've done is appoint his counterpart at Bristol City to the role.

Academy Manager to Director of Football is a very common pathway, O'Neill was never underqualified for the role in the same way Probert isn't

Some (most) of the criticism directed at LON was born out of ignorance. The PE Teacher jibe was just lazy, and not particularly funny. He ended up doing an impossible task, and people felt entitled to have a pop at him for his 'failings'. He's a good bloke, and eminently suitable for the role he now holds (again).

Ready! Steady! Cook!

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:08 - Oct 15 with 1151 viewschicoazul

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:34 - Oct 15 by hype313

To be fair, not a lot of difference between what Ashton is doing than how most organisations operate, a lot of senior people will recruit people they have worked with before, and have that trust that they will come in and hit the ground running from the off.

Just recently my wife and her whole team of 12 were recruited by their previous MD who brought them all across into the new company.

I imagine your wife’s team was successful. Not sure Ashtons was at Bristol.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:15 - Oct 15 with 1107 viewsitfcjoe

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:08 - Oct 15 by chicoazul

I imagine your wife’s team was successful. Not sure Ashtons was at Bristol.

That's the concern - I know Bristol City fans seem a little unhinged re Ashton but it's difficult to suggest that he and his team were a roaring success there. They've left the club in a better position, no doubt, but not like we have nicked Brentford's back office

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:16 - Oct 15 with 1094 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:27 - Oct 15 by Fixed_It

Another stick for Bristol City fans to beat us with. No doubt they'll tell us he was rubbish too...

Bristol City must be a bit miffed they've lost so many staff in such a short time, surely?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:17 - Oct 15 with 1058 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 12:34 - Oct 15 by hype313

Depending on how big the company was she came from, that could be a hell of a dent. Some smaller companies could surely be in trouble losing that many staff in one hit?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:45 - Oct 15 with 940 viewsFixed_It

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:16 - Oct 15 by The_Flashing_Smile

Bristol City must be a bit miffed they've lost so many staff in such a short time, surely?

They are all rubbish apparently, so no worries.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:49 - Oct 15 with 911 viewsitfcsuth

It shows how far we fell behind under Evans unfortunately.

We lacked in so many areas.
New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 16:45 - Oct 15 with 703 viewsFelix1955

New Director of Football Operations appointed... on 13:45 - Oct 15 by Fixed_It

They are all rubbish apparently, so no worries.

Not all of them - Probert is the exception. We’re glad to see the back of Ashton and Rolls tho.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024