Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burger Stand 17:12 - Dec 21 with 3504 viewsSchancheITFC

Anyone no what happened to the nice guy that had the burger stand set up outside Alf Ramsey stand entrances please ?
Burger Stand on 17:19 - Dec 21 with 3427 viewsReuser_is_God

Been gone a while I think.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Burger Stand on 17:27 - Dec 21 with 3378 viewsSitfcB

Burger Stand on 17:19 - Dec 21 by Reuser_is_God

Been gone a while I think.

that was always my go to one if I ever had a burger down there.

Same bloke who runs Lipsmackers, it sure if that’s still about outside Yates at the weekend?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Burger Stand on 18:20 - Dec 21 with 3181 viewsbackwaywhen

Road closure possibly and nowhere to set up without upsetting the others around the ground ……. Just a thought
Burger Stand on 18:44 - Dec 21 with 3074 viewsWhos_blue

I also often wonder what happened to Sally and Clive who used to run the van where The Beat now stands. Visiting them was always part of my matchday routine. I even got a card from them at Christmas as a regular!
I'm guessing the lockdown saw them off, which is sad.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Burger Stand on 19:00 - Dec 21 with 2972 viewschrismakin

Burger Stand on 18:44 - Dec 21 by Whos_blue

I also often wonder what happened to Sally and Clive who used to run the van where The Beat now stands. Visiting them was always part of my matchday routine. I even got a card from them at Christmas as a regular!

Is the old wooden hotdog stand still around?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Burger Stand on 19:07 - Dec 21 with 2923 viewsSitfcB

Burger Stand on 19:00 - Dec 21 by chrismakin

Is the old wooden hotdog stand still around?

The Hot Sausage Company? Yep still going strong in town.

COYB

Burger Stand on 19:43 - Dec 21 with 2811 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Burger Stand on 17:27 - Dec 21 by SitfcB

that was always my go to one if I ever had a burger down there.

Same bloke who runs Lipsmackers, it sure if that’s still about outside Yates at the weekend?

Hearing the name Lipsmackers takes me back a few years!

That was at its peak in the good old days, before that grim fish and chip shop opened opposite Revs and changed the late night food scene for the worse.

Where’s the best kebab in the town centre after a night out these days? One on Dogs Head street always used to be alright.
Burger Stand on 19:46 - Dec 21 with 2802 viewsITFC_Forever

Don’t know about the guy who runs it, but I knew one of guys who helped him and also worked in Lipsmackers by Yates, he sadly died a couple of years ago.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Burger Stand on 19:57 - Dec 21 with 2729 viewsSitfcB

Burger Stand on 19:43 - Dec 21 by Matt_Netherlands

That was at its peak in the good old days, before that grim fish and chip shop opened opposite Revs and changed the late night food scene for the worse.

Where’s the best kebab in the town centre after a night out these days? One on Dogs Head street always used to be alright.

Grim fish and chip shop? You take that back right now!

Not sure on best kebab shop, the one opposite the buttermarket car park entrance usually does a good trade.

COYB

Burger Stand on 22:54 - Dec 21 with 2416 viewsChurchman

They did great chips and a decent cheeseburger. Pre match dining: sorted!
Burger Stand on 23:16 - Dec 21 with 2372 viewschrismakin

Anything happened with the old ticket office yet? Would make an awesome fish and chip shop for matchdays. Tempted to see if they'll rent it out...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Burger Stand on 00:37 - Dec 22 with 2296 viewsSWGF

"Old matey" use to serve me my cheeseburger in c.1989 and was still the same guy a couple of years ago.

I did have a look for him last weekend but he wasn't there.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Burger Stand on 00:49 - Dec 22 with 2281 viewsSuperCoops

Burger Stand on 23:16 - Dec 21 by chrismakin

Anything happened with the old ticket office yet? Would make an awesome fish and chip shop for matchdays. Tempted to see if they'll rent it out...

[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 2:52]
Burger Stand on 01:06 - Dec 22 with 2263 viewsITFC_History

Funnily enough I had a look for him to on Saturday. He used to have ginger hair back in the 80s before turning grey if we are talking about the same guy.

Only ever brought my Town burgers and hot dog in a crusty baguette from him.
Burger Stand on 09:34 - Dec 22 with 2009 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Burger Stand on 01:06 - Dec 22 by ITFC_History

Funnily enough I had a look for him to on Saturday. He used to have ginger hair back in the 80s before turning grey if we are talking about the same guy.

Only ever brought my Town burgers and hot dog in a crusty baguette from him.

Same. One of my really fond memories of going to FPR as a kid so it's such a shame that's it gone. Lovely bloke.
Burger Stand on 09:49 - Dec 22 with 1949 viewsMattinLondon

I clicked on this thread thinking that the club had renamed one of the stands either the ‘Burger King’ or ‘McDonalds’ stand.
Burger Stand on 10:18 - Dec 22 with 1871 viewsWickets

It was triple bacon french stick for me with onions . Miss them .
Burger Stand on 10:30 - Dec 22 with 1831 viewsWhos_blue

Burger Stand on 10:18 - Dec 22 by Wickets

Hardcore!!!!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Burger Stand on 15:20 - Dec 22 with 1612 viewsChurchman

Burger Stand on 10:18 - Dec 22 by Wickets

Respect
Burger Stand on 15:23 - Dec 22 with 1606 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Burger Stand on 19:57 - Dec 21 by SitfcB

Grim fish and chip shop? You take that back right now!

Not sure on best kebab shop, the one opposite the buttermarket car park entrance usually does a good trade.

Yeah you heard right. Grim. Best thing about that place is usually watching fights break out in the queue!
Burger Stand on 15:25 - Dec 22 with 1599 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Burger Stand on 00:49 - Dec 22 by SuperCoops

[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 2:52]

Oh please no! Nothing says “stuck in league one” like having a fish and chip shop built into your stadium! That sort of thing should only exist at the like of Crewe!
Burger Stand on 16:07 - Dec 22 with 1506 viewsChurchman

Burger Stand on 15:25 - Dec 22 by Matt_Netherlands

Oh please no! Nothing says “stuck in league one” like having a fish and chip shop built into your stadium! That sort of thing should only exist at the like of Crewe!

Don’t knock the catering at Crewe! A former chum and workmate was a big Alex fan. He said that in the days of fences at Gresty Road, they’d buy a crusty pie at half time. Leave for 20 minutes until tepid and gluey then hurl them through the mesh fencing at the opposition supporters. He reckoned a good well aimed pie at the correct temperature would take out 5 or 6 fans with glutinous meat, gravy and pastry.

That’s quality pies for you!
Burger Stand on 16:38 - Dec 22 with 1450 viewsoldbeardy

Burger Stand on 19:43 - Dec 21 by Matt_Netherlands

Talking about going back - anyone remember Bob's van back in the day on a Friday and Saturday night in town.
Burger Stand on 17:46 - Dec 22 with 1359 viewsbackwaywhen

Burger Stand on 16:38 - Dec 22 by oldbeardy

Talking about going back - anyone remember Bob's van back in the day on a Friday and Saturday night in town.

Absolutely bacon sarnie and cup of soup at Majors Corner after night up the Town on the P , taste them now yummy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024