Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McKenna pre Bolton 17:18 - Jan 13 with 1216 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Just watched McKenna's interview. Things I really liked:

- Clear sense of how Bolton play and what that means for our approach
- Talked about the performance against Gills rather than the result even though we won
- When asked about players "righting some wrongs" because we lost the home fixture, he seemed almost annoyed by the idea they wouldn't approach each game with the same intensity

The final point is the biggest one for me, I think too often we've been complacent because it's only [insert tinpot L1 club here]. Hopefully McKenna has got the players treating every game with respect.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

McKenna pre Bolton on 17:26 - Jan 13 with 1149 viewsJ2BLUE

I hate when players say things like righting wrongs. Forget the last game and play this one. They don't have to prove a point. Just get the win by any means possible.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

McKenna pre Bolton on 17:34 - Jan 13 with 1100 viewschrismakin

McKenna pre Bolton on 17:26 - Jan 13 by J2BLUE

I hate when players say things like righting wrongs. Forget the last game and play this one. They don't have to prove a point. Just get the win by any means possible.

Especially with our track record of not following up on things.

I dread the player interviews pre games. Obviously have to be done. But it's been a curse.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

McKenna pre Bolton on 17:35 - Jan 13 with 1105 viewsIllinoisblue

He sounds incredibly mature for such a young manager. Seems focused, determined and not too mouthy.

Early doors, but if anyone can end the banter era it’s KMac

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

McKenna pre Bolton on 17:37 - Jan 13 with 1096 viewsDubtractor

McKenna pre Bolton on 17:35 - Jan 13 by Illinoisblue

He sounds incredibly mature for such a young manager. Seems focused, determined and not too mouthy.

Early doors, but if anyone can end the banter era it’s KMac

I tend not to pay too much attention to what our managers have had to say - its usually just cliches and soundbites that ultimately mean nothing - but I've been quietly impressed by what he's had to say so far.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

McKenna pre Bolton on 18:12 - Jan 13 with 986 viewsMetal_Hacker

Used a lovely word in the interview -humility

Describes having the humility to dig your mate out and work hard for your mate etc

The bloke is just focused personified

Poll: If it were one or the other

Agree.. the interview is very measured.... on 18:29 - Jan 13 with 936 viewsunstableblue

.... and sounds like a man very clear on the opposition and on the plan

Its going to be very interesting when we have that first game where player performance drops - at the moment the players are very bold and driven in their approach, which is difficult to maintain

Also on his BBC Suffolk he talked about not having to move players on from a financial perspective, but was also quite clear and forthright in that if any player was not fully committed in training and/or disrupting the group they would be moved on pretty quickly

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

McKenna pre Bolton on 19:18 - Jan 13 with 823 viewsBlueBadger

McKenna pre Bolton on 17:37 - Jan 13 by Dubtractor

I tend not to pay too much attention to what our managers have had to say - its usually just cliches and soundbites that ultimately mean nothing - but I've been quietly impressed by what he's had to say so far.

Essentially my position. The lack of 'we go again' type cliches is quite refreshing.

Obviously, some might find his approach to pressers smarmy....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McKenna pre Bolton on 19:24 - Jan 13 with 779 viewsCrock

Surely you must think he seemed almost annoyed throughout the interview then? He was the same all interview.

Poll: Favourite number?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024