Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! 19:13 - Jan 13 with 1455 viewsbrazil1981

Haven’t even heard him mentioned since McK started and going to take him quite a while to regain anywhere near match fitness once injuries are sorted. Pretty much write this season off by the looks of it!

Obviously it won’t be a surprise to see him move on in the Summer, however would have been interesting to see how he did in a Cook or McKenna team. Think in good team we may have seen a decent player perhaps? We’ll probably never know!
Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:17 - Jan 13 with 1427 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Amazing that looking back I had high hopes for him.

Let down by successive poor managers and constant injuries.

Next one to join Col Utd? 😀
Who? (n/t) on 19:17 - Jan 13 with 1417 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:24 - Jan 13 with 1398 viewsgtsb1966

We've moved on from the Jon Nolan's of the football world. No disrespect to him but we're not bargain basement shopping anymore.
Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:32 - Jan 13 with 1360 viewsBlueBadger

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:24 - Jan 13 by gtsb1966

We've moved on from the Jon Nolan's of the football world. No disrespect to him but we're not bargain basement shopping anymore.

Thing is, you say we're not bargain basement shopping anymore, but hm and Toto cost us a combined £2M.

I mean, you could justify Toto if he was a freebie but really....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:34 - Jan 13 with 1354 viewsChurchman

Nolan’s career consists of two decent seasons in L1, the rest of it in the Conference or bit part playing here. 60 odd appearances, since 2018, a few of them good.

30 years old in April, it’s time for him to move on and for us to recruit a higher calibre of player. No more barrel scrapings, has beens, pension seekers or injury ridden punts, if at all possible.
Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:39 - Jan 13 with 1352 viewsPhilTWTD

He's mentioned him a couple of times, said he was back training ahead of the Wycombe game: "Jon Nolan has been back training with the group and building up his fitness and robustness, so that’s good."

McKenna: We've Managed to Contain Any Sort of Covid Spread 28th Dec 2021 14:33
Town boss Kieran McKenna says the Blues have a number of players who have had Covid back in training, Kyle Edwards, Rekeem Harper and Toto Nsiala, while the likes of Bersant Celina, Hayden Coulson and Jon Nolan are making progress after injuries. 9

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:41 - Jan 13 with 1328 viewsgtsb1966

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:32 - Jan 13 by BlueBadger

Thing is, you say we're not bargain basement shopping anymore, but hm and Toto cost us a combined £2M.

I mean, you could justify Toto if he was a freebie but really....

True, but that was the Evans era and we were ripped off bigtime.
Our structure now wouldn't even look at the Nolan's or the Nsiala's of this world imho.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 19:43]
Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:41 - Jan 13 with 1324 viewschicoazul

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:24 - Jan 13 by gtsb1966

He cost more money than anyone we signed last summer.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:44 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewsBlueBadger

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:34 - Jan 13 by Churchman

Nolan’s career consists of two decent seasons in L1, the rest of it in the Conference or bit part playing here. 60 odd appearances, since 2018, a few of them good.

30 years old in April, it’s time for him to move on and for us to recruit a higher calibre of player. No more barrel scrapings, has beens, pension seekers or injury ridden punts, if at all possible.

He's a poor man's Lee Martin.

Arrived with a big rep. Was pathetic. Then got dropped. Then, instead getting lots of red cards, he got injured. Had a bit of a flurry. Then got injured again.

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:46 - Jan 13 with 1299 viewsBlueBadger

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:17 - Jan 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Amazing that looking back I had high hopes for him.

Let down by successive poor managers and constant injuries.

Next one to join Col Utd? 😀

And by being not very good.

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 20:04 - Jan 13 with 1240 viewsMookamoo

At what point does Humphreys become a preferable alternative anyway.
Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 20:21 - Jan 13 with 1182 viewsjayessess

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 20:04 - Jan 13 by Mookamoo

At what point does Humphreys become a preferable alternative anyway.

We've got at least 6 centre midfielders I'd pick ahead of him, even pre-injuries.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 22:44 - Jan 13 with 909 viewsChurchman

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:44 - Jan 13 by BlueBadger

He's a poor man's Lee Martin.

Arrived with a big rep. Was pathetic. Then got dropped. Then, instead getting lots of red cards, he got injured. Had a bit of a flurry. Then got injured again.

As accurate put downs go, ‘a poor man’s Lee Martin’ hits the nail firmly on the head - and I got a shiver down the spine at the mention of the woeful Lee Martin too!
Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 09:10 - Jan 14 with 581 viewsGarv

Jon Nolan - nearly a year since he last played! on 19:34 - Jan 13 by Churchman

In fairness Nolan wasn't any of those things when we signed him.

He definitely wasn't the player I thought we were getting, though. He was signed to play the no.10 behind Harrison, yet never looked to suit it. Windass would have been a better option at the time, probably at a similar price.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024