Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... 14:59 - Feb 14 with 2502 viewsbluelagos

Wonder why they didn't get their own chairman to highlight how these issues are exaggerated?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-59744052

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:15 - Feb 14 with 1786 viewsDanTheMan

Maybe they should be spending a little less time worrying about the London Mayor and a little more time looking inwards and worrying what a disturbing number of their own appear to be, as Dick put it, "bad 'uns".

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:20 - Feb 14 with 1762 viewsblueasfook

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:15 - Feb 14 by DanTheMan

Maybe they should be spending a little less time worrying about the London Mayor and a little more time looking inwards and worrying what a disturbing number of their own appear to be, as Dick put it, "bad 'uns".

What percentage is it exactly? The met has always had dodgy coppers. Probably more so in the past than now.

I think Cressida Dick did a decent job overall. Khan should keep his snout out and have nothing to do with choosing the next commisioner

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:22 - Feb 14 with 1745 viewsbluelagos

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:20 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

What percentage is it exactly? The met has always had dodgy coppers. Probably more so in the past than now.

I think Cressida Dick did a decent job overall. Khan should keep his snout out and have nothing to do with choosing the next commisioner

Not sure the family of Jean Charles De Menezes would agree she "did a decent job overall".

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:24 - Feb 14 with 1739 viewsSteve_M

Also today:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-60341306

Fortunately the Police Federation, tone deaf as it is, is as far as we've got towards US-style police unions so far.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:25 - Feb 14 with 1719 viewsjeera

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:22 - Feb 14 by bluelagos

Not sure the family of Jean Charles De Menezes would agree she "did a decent job overall".

Can't see how she got the gig following that.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:28 - Feb 14 with 1714 viewsblueasfook

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:22 - Feb 14 by bluelagos

That was before she was commissioner.

She got given the job after the enquiry over that and was cleared.

Not saying that was a good idea but let's judge her in her role as commissioner

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:28 - Feb 14 with 1709 viewsbluelagos

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:25 - Feb 14 by jeera

Can't see how she got the gig following that.

Annoys me when people say she has integrity. If she had one once of integrity she would have resigned over the killing of JC De Menezes 16 years ago.

And she walks with £500k pay off and £160k a year pension for her numerous failings.

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:30 - Feb 14 with 1700 viewsjeera

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:28 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

"That was before she was commissioner.

She got given the job after the enquiry over that and was cleared."

Well yes, that's the issue.

Madness.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:34 - Feb 14 with 1685 viewsbluelagos

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:28 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

You can judge her how you want, as will others.

If you want to judge her solely on her record as commissioner I'd point to her "non apology" to the mother of two murdered women who had the indignity of knowing Met officers took selfies with the dead bodies and shared them with their colleagues.

Or the Met operation during the vigil of Sarah Everard.

Or the Met failing to investigate Downing St parties.

Or the institutional corruption found in the Met, a report that named her as partly responsible.

Or the fact that under her command, Charing Cross police officers shared some of the most vile messages ever reported.

You can troll all you want Blueas - but trolling isn't supposed to make the person doing it look like an idiot.

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:35 - Feb 14 with 1678 viewsEastTownBlue

Some celebrated when the Police Federation had no confidence in Priti Patel last year. Some seem happy with their statement today.

I lost confidence in the Police Federation when I saw archived footage of their former Secretary for South Yorkshire (Paul Middup) in a Hillsborough documentary a few years back.
Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:37 - Feb 14 with 1648 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The Fed are seriously suggesting that the take home from the Charing Cross Police Station report is that we should all back off and give the Met some space?

Still, it's obviously good to hear him articulate a position which is effectively saying: "Just because we wear the same clothes as those criminal offenders, drive the same cars as them, and hang around in the same places as them, doesn't mean that you can prejudge us and think that we are the same as them."

So profiled stop and search will hopefully now be a thing of the past.

I'd love to know how many coppers have been deleting Whatsapp group chats in the past few weeks.

And how many more have been screenshotting the evidence for leverage over their colleagues in the future...
Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:38 - Feb 14 with 1630 viewsbluelagos

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:35 - Feb 14 by EastTownBlue

Some celebrated when the Police Federation had no confidence in Priti Patel last year. Some seem happy with their statement today.

I lost confidence in the Police Federation when I saw archived footage of their former Secretary for South Yorkshire (Paul Middup) in a Hillsborough documentary a few years back.

Police Fed defending the indefensible? Surely not.

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:42 - Feb 14 with 1604 viewsbluelagos

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:37 - Feb 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

The Fed are seriously suggesting that the take home from the Charing Cross Police Station report is that we should all back off and give the Met some space?

Still, it's obviously good to hear him articulate a position which is effectively saying: "Just because we wear the same clothes as those criminal offenders, drive the same cars as them, and hang around in the same places as them, doesn't mean that you can prejudge us and think that we are the same as them."

So profiled stop and search will hopefully now be a thing of the past.

I'd love to know how many coppers have been deleting Whatsapp group chats in the past few weeks.

And how many more have been screenshotting the evidence for leverage over their colleagues in the future...

They really part of the problem imho. Every one knows not every copper is a bad un. But the issue is the culture of "Omerta" within policing.

And on that - not a word from the Police Fed. Not a word.

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:46 - Feb 14 with 1577 viewsblueasfook

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:34 - Feb 14 by bluelagos

You can judge her how you want, as will others.

If you want to judge her solely on her record as commissioner I'd point to her "non apology" to the mother of two murdered women who had the indignity of knowing Met officers took selfies with the dead bodies and shared them with their colleagues.

Or the Met operation during the vigil of Sarah Everard.

Or the Met failing to investigate Downing St parties.

Or the institutional corruption found in the Met, a report that named her as partly responsible.

Or the fact that under her command, Charing Cross police officers shared some of the most vile messages ever reported.

You can troll all you want Blueas - but trolling isn't supposed to make the person doing it look like an idiot.

Sarah Everard - That "vigil" was hijacked by anti-police protestors.

Downing St Parties - granted!

Institutional Corruption - Always been high in the met, long before Cressida Dick came along. Could she have done more to tackle it? But I think she has cleaned up the image of the met somewhat during her tenure

Charing Cross incident -Yes those messages are pretty horrendous but these were messages sent on their personal devices? How can the met commissioner be held responsible for that?

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:56 - Feb 14 with 1525 viewsnoggin

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:46 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

Institutional Corruption - Always been high in the met, long before Cressida Dick came along. Could she have done more to tackle it? But I think she has cleaned up the image of the met somewhat during her tenure

Charing Cross incident -Yes those messages are pretty horrendous but these were messages sent on their personal devices? How can the met commissioner be held responsible for that?

"Sarah Everard - That "vigil" was hijacked by anti-police protestors."

Was it? I might have missed it but I didn't see film of anyone attacking the police.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:58 - Feb 14 with 1515 viewsfactual_blue

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:15 - Feb 14 by DanTheMan

Personally I think a key issue (not the only one, but a very important one) is that the Met Commissioner's job is too big and with too many conflicting demands.

With direct accountability to the Home Secretary, the Commissioner is always going to be forced to give more attention to the national responsibility for Counter-Terrorism and to the policing of Central London. Part of the reason for the latter is all MPs live at least part of the time in Central London.

There needs to be a way to separate out some of these responsibilities so the Met Commissioner has the time to devote personally to changing the culture. Whatever Cressida's talents or otherwise as a police officer, I don't think she's an inspiring leader. And that's what I think the organisation needs. Somebody all the coppers will listen to.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:58 - Feb 14 with 1512 viewsblueasfook

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:56 - Feb 14 by noggin

"Sarah Everard - That "vigil" was hijacked by anti-police protestors."

Was it? I might have missed it but I didn't see film of anyone attacking the police.

The official vigil had been cancelled due to Covid advice etc.

It was then hijacked by some feminist anti-police group who had been whipping up anti-police sentiment on Social Media for a couple of days prior.

Telling people to "bring their rage" etc. There was always going to be an ugly confrontation.

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:58 - Feb 14 with 1505 viewsvilanovablue

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:38 - Feb 14 by bluelagos

Police Fed defending the indefensible? Surely not.

This is the problem the police will always look to blame others rather than ever considering that they are part of the problem.

Cressida was Gold Commander when the De Menezes incident occurred so was ultimately responsible for what happened.

Until the police accept that there is a problem progress is going to be very very difficult.
Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 16:07 - Feb 14 with 1447 viewsnoggin

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:58 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

It was then hijacked by some feminist anti-police group who had been whipping up anti-police sentiment on Social Media for a couple of days prior.

Telling people to "bring their rage" etc. There was always going to be an ugly confrontation.

From what I saw, the confrontation was initiated by the police.

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 16:07 - Feb 14 with 1446 viewsBlueBadger

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:58 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

[citation needed]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 16:09 - Feb 14 with 1422 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 15:46 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

Just as a bare minimum, if I (with no training whatsoever) had been put in charge of the policing of the Sarah Everard vigil, I would have made one very clear ground rule:

No male police officers are to manhandle female protesters at a vigil for a woman who was restrained and led away by a serving male police officer. Let the female police officers, only, make any physical interactions with female protesters.

Obviously the caveat "unless weapons are used" could be added. But they weren't.

And, yes, the Commissioner is responsible for the culture of an organisation in which Sarah Everard's murderer (I'm not going to say his name) passed enhanced psychological testing to be a firearms officer, in spite of his colleagues calling him "the rapist" because of the way that he made female colleagues feel uncomfortable. And in which selfies with murder victims are sent to a group chat for bants. And in which the Charing Cross messages were sent. They weren't "pretty horrendous", they included direct messages to a female officer saying that the individual would like to rape her.

This is (some of) the stuff that has come out so far.

Only in the Boris Johnson era can people at the top say "It's nothing to do with me!"
Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 16:12 - Feb 14 with 1391 viewsblueasfook

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 16:07 - Feb 14 by noggin

From what I saw, the confrontation was initiated by the police.

Were you there in person? Did you see for yourself how it all went down?

If not, then all you have to go on is selected media footage.

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 16:14 - Feb 14 with 1369 viewsnoggin

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 16:12 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

The police would have been filming the whole protest though.

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 18:15 - Feb 14 with 1205 viewsOldsmoker

"...cleaned up the image of the Met..."

There's a difference between the image and the actual.
She made it look cleaner rather than actually clean it.
She polished a t*rd.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 18:22 - Feb 14 with 1183 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Police Fed demonstrate the denial of your average copper... on 16:12 - Feb 14 by blueasfook

Good on you for going.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024