Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nicholas Witchell 15:12 - Feb 16 with 1065 viewsdominiciawful

Just pronounced "transparency" as "trahns-PEAR-un-cy".

Is this how posh people talk?

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Nicholas Witchell on 15:17 - Feb 16 with 1042 viewsChurchman

Well, he’s one of the grovelling toadies that licks the boots of the Royal Family. Nauseating man.

Probably hoping for a gong of some sort and thinks posh pronunciation will help.
Nicholas Witchell on 15:38 - Feb 16 with 989 viewsJ2BLUE

Ye-ar-shh

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Nicholas Witchell on 01:30 - Feb 17 with 846 viewsBattersea_Blue

Nicholas Witchell on 15:17 - Feb 16 by Churchman

Well, he’s one of the grovelling toadies that licks the boots of the Royal Family. Nauseating man.

Probably hoping for a gong of some sort and thinks posh pronunciation will help.

Didn't Prince Charles call him a weasel, that was picked up by a close-by mike, a good few years ago?

Pretty good description imho.

Ah, thinking about it, wasn't it "horrible little man"?
Nicholas Witchell on 07:32 - Feb 17 with 779 viewsChurchman

Nicholas Witchell on 01:30 - Feb 17 by Battersea_Blue

Didn't Prince Charles call him a weasel, that was picked up by a close-by mike, a good few years ago?

According to the internet, Charles said "I can't bear that man. I mean, he's so awful, he really is."

He got that right about the lickspittle, anyway.
Nicholas Witchell on 07:39 - Feb 17 with 769 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I thought he was doing a pun, as he was talking about the Queen maybe bailing out Andrew - transPARENTcy.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Nicholas Witchell on 07:48 - Feb 17 with 758 viewsjontysnut

Nicholas Witchell on 01:30 - Feb 17 by Battersea_Blue

'Weasel' is his day to day nickname. I can't stand royal correspondents or 'experts'. Always things like 'the Queen will be thinking..' as if they have any idea.
Nicholas Witchell on 08:30 - Feb 17 with 731 viewsbournemouthblue

Nicholas Witchell on 15:17 - Feb 16 by Churchman

He's no Jenny Bond, that's for sure

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Nicholas Witchell on 08:59 - Feb 17 with 710 viewsMattinLondon

Nicholas Witchell on 07:48 - Feb 17 by jontysnut

'Weasel' is his day to day nickname. I can't stand royal correspondents or 'experts'. Always things like 'the Queen will be thinking..' as if they have any idea.

She’ll be thinking ‘what’s the best way to preserve the reputation and image of the family’.
Login to get fewer ads

Nicholas Witchell on 09:52 - Feb 17 with 684 viewsGeoffSentence

Of all the non-jobs in the world 'Royal Correspondent' must be the nonest of non-jobs.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Nicholas Witchell on 09:57 - Feb 17 with 664 viewsBeckets

Nicholas Witchell on 08:59 - Feb 17 by MattinLondon

She’ll be thinking ‘what’s the best way to preserve the reputation and image of the family’.

Indeed. The overall objective of the monarchy is to preserve the monarchy. We are, after all, “subjects” to them. A complete anachronism in the 21st century.
Nicholas Witchell on 10:47 - Feb 17 with 627 viewsChurchman

Nicholas Witchell on 09:57 - Feb 17 by Beckets

Indeed. The overall objective of the monarchy is to preserve the monarchy. We are, after all, “subjects” to them. A complete anachronism in the 21st century.

As somebody who has never been a monarchist I totally agree with you. In the Civil War I’d definitely been a Parliamentarian - mind you, Charley 1 was an anachronism even in the 1640s.

What’s interesting is that Cromwell in becoming Protector became a form of king and was succeeded by his weak son Richard, who was soon kicked out in favour of the restoration of Charley 2, ‘the merry monarch’ - not so merry for the surviving Regicides!

Given some form of head of state is required, what’s the best way to do it? Little man Macron thinks he’s the new Napoleon, Putin the new Stalin, Trump was bonkers, Biden too old and so it goes on.

Overall, I am just about in favour of an elected President, US style.
Nicholas Witchell on 12:15 - Feb 17 with 584 viewssolemio

My father pronounced 'transparent' the Witchell way. Mind you he was very upper class, and from an upper class family. He was a bricklayer and his father was a coal miner.

I must admit that I'm a pleb as I don't say it that way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024