Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know that we are still in League One 16:51 - Feb 16 with 1730 viewsdominiciawful

but it feels to me like the "Banter Era" may just have drawn to a close.

After false dawns and upturns in form and optimism over the years which were ultimately built on sand, I think we are truly now on a sustainable, upwards trajectory. Even during our best spells under MM, it felt to me like our football would only ever get us so far, and it was probably clear for years under Evans that we would never go forward under him. Hopefully the Charlton and Barrow debacles were the final chapter. New ownership, new chairman, new chief executive, new set-up, new manager, new coaching staff and new players are all now working together. I feel positive without having that negative feeling in the back of my mind anymore.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

I know that we are still in League One on 16:55 - Feb 16 with 1679 viewsNthQldITFC

Couldn't agree more. It no longer feels likes it's just about to go wrong, for the first time in 20 years!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I know that we are still in League One on 16:57 - Feb 16 with 1652 viewsHighgateBlue

I know that we are still in League One on 16:55 - Feb 16 by NthQldITFC

Couldn't agree more. It no longer feels likes it's just about to go wrong, for the first time in 20 years!

Well if THAT doesn't jinx it... ;)

No, I agree. All power to the manager. There's no "i" in McK... :)
I know that we are still in League One on 18:33 - Feb 16 with 1514 viewsMillsyVOR

I know that we are still in League One on 16:57 - Feb 16 by HighgateBlue

Well if THAT doesn't jinx it... ;)

No, I agree. All power to the manager. There's no "i" in McK... :)

Reasonable!! 🙃
I know that we are still in League One on 18:35 - Feb 16 with 1503 viewsWD19

I know that we are still in League One on 16:55 - Feb 16 by NthQldITFC

Its approaching season ticket renewal time. Things always feel better at renewal time.

Hell, somebody somewhere probably even has a whiteboard on their wall with a season ticket engagement and renewal strategy mapped out on it.
I know that we are still in League One on 18:39 - Feb 16 with 1487 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Hopefully no more twists and turns, but seems we have people who know how to run a football club now, and a promising, young technical manager.
I know that we are still in League One on 19:26 - Feb 16 with 1397 viewsITFC_Forever

I know that we are still in League One on 18:35 - Feb 16 by WD19

Its approaching season ticket renewal time. Things always feel better at renewal time.

Hell, somebody somewhere probably even has a whiteboard on their wall with a season ticket engagement and renewal strategy mapped out on it.

Almost like they’re thinking like a well-run business….

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I know that we are still in League One on 19:40 - Feb 16 with 1343 viewsbluebudgie

Bent: Something's Got to Change at Town, Fans Are Telling Me the Soul's Been Ripped Out of the Club
Tuesday, 16th Feb 2021 13:37

As you can see that interview with Darren Bent was just 12 months ago. How things have changed in such a short space of time, they needed to, otherwise, we would have continued our downward trajectory under Marcus Evans.Anyone listening to the podcast featuring Ashton and Mckenna knows now that we are at last in good hands
I know that we are still in League One on 20:03 - Feb 16 with 1262 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I know that we are still in League One on 19:40 - Feb 16 by bluebudgie

Bent: Something's Got to Change at Town, Fans Are Telling Me the Soul's Been Ripped Out of the Club
Tuesday, 16th Feb 2021 13:37

As you can see that interview with Darren Bent was just 12 months ago. How things have changed in such a short space of time, they needed to, otherwise, we would have continued our downward trajectory under Marcus Evans.Anyone listening to the podcast featuring Ashton and Mckenna knows now that we are at last in good hands

Most of the current good feeling is due to KM, and I hope the promising start continues.

Very impressed with him so far, feels like the early days of Burley.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

I know that we are still in League One on 20:09 - Feb 16 with 1248 viewsBlueBadger

It won't officially end till we're promoted as far as I'm concerned. Our continued presence in this league is a stain.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I know that we are still in League One on 20:17 - Feb 16 with 1207 viewsistanblue

We're 9th in the third tier of English football. As far as I'm concerned, until we're a competitive Championship club the banter era continues (albeit with cause for optimism).
I know that we are still in League One on 20:19 - Feb 16 with 1206 viewsLeoMuff

I know that we are still in League One on 20:09 - Feb 16 by BlueBadger

It won't officially end till we're promoted as far as I'm concerned. Our continued presence in this league is a stain.

Yep, back to the championship is the only way to exit this era. We were in full banter 10 ish games ago vs Barrow so let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Things are looking promising though.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I know that we are still in League One on 20:28 - Feb 16 with 1173 viewsFrimleyBlue

The day we don't have to play at grounds like this is when the banter era finishes imo.

I'm assuming that's a factual picture?

But the point being that we should be playing in from of 25000 fans each week not 10 men and a dog plus 2k ipswich fans. Roofless away ends. 3 aided grounds. Frozen pitches and mud fields.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 20:30]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I know that we are still in League One on 21:05 - Feb 16 with 1046 viewsdominiciawful

I know that we are still in League One on 20:28 - Feb 16 by FrimleyBlue

The day we don't have to play at grounds like this is when the banter era finishes imo.

But the point being that we should be playing in from of 25000 fans each week not 10 men and a dog plus 2k ipswich fans. Roofless away ends. 3 aided grounds. Frozen pitches and mud fields.

Most Championship teams don't get 25k. Tinpot bastards.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

I know that we are still in League One on 21:08 - Feb 16 with 1038 viewsFrimleyBlue

I know that we are still in League One on 21:05 - Feb 16 by dominiciawful

Have to quickly jump to prem then. Minimise the pain.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I know that we are still in League One on 22:30 - Feb 16 with 847 viewstextbackup

I know that we are still in League One on 21:05 - Feb 16 by dominiciawful

we very rarely did when in the championship

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I know that we are still in League One on 23:07 - Feb 16 with 763 viewsberkstractorboy

I know that we are still in League One on 20:28 - Feb 16 by FrimleyBlue

Thats a real pic. Just behind the photographer is a bowling alley, cinema etc

as annoying as it is we have to play teams with only 3 stands they are still above us in the league!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024