Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 09:06 - Feb 28 with 2397 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Rumours on 09:12 - Feb 28 with 2330 viewshomer_123

And here come the threats to Sweden and Finland by homer_123 25 Feb 2022 18:12
And don't forget Russia has Wagner and Chechen militia at their disposal.

He doesn't need to occupy the Ukraine either.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Rumours on 09:17 - Feb 28 with 2277 viewsGuthrum

The Russians already tried to remove Zelensky with the airborne and special forces attack on the first day of the war. Which failed.

Wagner seem to be perceived as some kind of supermen, but they aren't really any different to any of the other ex-military mercenary bands around*. Yes, they have been very effective in facing (tribal) militias in places like Libya and Syria, but that is because they have professional training and (almost certainly) a leavening of former Spetsnaz men. In Ukraine, they are facing those trained and equipped as themselves.

* Of which there are some fighting for the Ukrainians, too.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Rumours on 09:28 - Feb 28 with 2194 viewsSteve_M

Rumours on 09:17 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

The Russians already tried to remove Zelensky with the airborne and special forces attack on the first day of the war. Which failed.

Wagner seem to be perceived as some kind of supermen, but they aren't really any different to any of the other ex-military mercenary bands around*. Yes, they have been very effective in facing (tribal) militias in places like Libya and Syria, but that is because they have professional training and (almost certainly) a leavening of former Spetsnaz men. In Ukraine, they are facing those trained and equipped as themselves.

" Yes, they have been very effective in facing (tribal) militias in places like Libya and Syria, but that is because they have professional training and (almost certainly) a leavening of former Spetsnaz men."

That and absolutely no need to follow the rule of law.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Rumours on 09:31 - Feb 28 with 2182 viewslowhouseblue

Rumours on 09:17 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

your first para does seem to have been plan A. perhaps putin didn't put as much work into plan B?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Rumours on 09:53 - Feb 28 with 2064 viewsGuthrum

Rumours on 09:31 - Feb 28 by lowhouseblue

your first para does seem to have been plan A. perhaps putin didn't put as much work into plan B?

I think Putin hoped for a quick, cheap success, as with Georgia in 2008. But Ukrainian resistance has been a lot more effective than he (or anyone else) expected.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

[Redacted] on 10:55 - Feb 28 with 1944 viewsvictorywilhappen

Rumours on 09:28 - Feb 28 by Steve_M

" Yes, they have been very effective in facing (tribal) militias in places like Libya and Syria, but that is because they have professional training and (almost certainly) a leavening of former Spetsnaz men."

That and absolutely no need to follow the rule of law.

[Redacted]
Rumours on 10:58 - Feb 28 with 1916 viewsGlasgowBlue

Rumours on 09:31 - Feb 28 by lowhouseblue

Putin is the Paul Cook of Presidents.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Rumours on 11:11 - Feb 28 with 1854 viewsWeWereZombies

[Redacted] on 10:55 - Feb 28 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

I'll look forward to reading 'In The Same River Twice' (an allusion to the oldest known problem in philosophy) if it gets published in English.

A day or so ago I started a thread about an Al-Jazeera article that reported the view from nations that they considered Russia's allies but I found it puzzling that there was no mention of Algeria, Zimbabwe and other African countries - an Arabic disdain for the Sahel and sub-Sahara? Interestingly this Guardian article you have linked mentions Libya and the Central African Republic, also covert operations by Wagner in Mozambique, a member of the Commonwealth.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 11:44 - Feb 28 with 1731 viewsvictorywilhappen

Rumours on 11:11 - Feb 28 by WeWereZombies

I'll look forward to reading 'In The Same River Twice' (an allusion to the oldest known problem in philosophy) if it gets published in English.

A day or so ago I started a thread about an Al-Jazeera article that reported the view from nations that they considered Russia's allies but I found it puzzling that there was no mention of Algeria, Zimbabwe and other African countries - an Arabic disdain for the Sahel and sub-Sahara? Interestingly this Guardian article you have linked mentions Libya and the Central African Republic, also covert operations by Wagner in Mozambique, a member of the Commonwealth.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 12:36 - Feb 28 with 1583 viewsvictorywilhappen

Rumours on 11:11 - Feb 28 by WeWereZombies

[Redacted]
Rumours on 12:53 - Feb 28 with 1518 viewshype313

Rumours on 09:53 - Feb 28 by Guthrum

I think Putin hoped for a quick, cheap success, as with Georgia in 2008. But Ukrainian resistance has been a lot more effective than he (or anyone else) expected.

I'm reminded of the film Black Hawk Down, when the Americans sent in 100 of thier best hoping for a quick 48hr turn around....

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Rumours on 12:59 - Feb 28 with 1494 viewsBlueBadger

Rumours on 10:58 - Feb 28 by GlasgowBlue

Putin is the Paul Cook of Presidents.

Does this make Boris Paul Lambert?

Patently unfit for the job, popular only with idiots, fond of a vacuous soundbite and in the job for far too long.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rumours on 13:10 - Feb 28 with 1445 viewsWeWereZombies

Rumours on 12:59 - Feb 28 by BlueBadger

Does this make Boris Paul Lambert?

Patently unfit for the job, popular only with idiots, fond of a vacuous soundbite and in the job for far too long.

I think this thread needs some recalibration - Boris is Paul Cook to Putin's Roy Keane.

Ermm - Biden is Roy Hodgson, Scholtz is Benitez, Macron is Conte?

Rumours on 14:05 - Feb 28 with 1313 viewsgordon

Been on Twitter for a while that these lot have already failed, some dead, some back in Russia, and some stuck in Ukraine but not getting help from Russian army, or Ukrainians.
Rumours on 14:54 - Feb 28 with 1228 viewseastangliaisblue

Lets hope they end up like the Chechen forces who were sent to hunt President Zelensky. Who are now burning in Hell.
Rumours on 17:59 - Feb 28 with 1032 viewsmidastouch

There was a documentary about them operating in Libya. It was shown on BBC iPlayer last year. See here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-58009514
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09rkcsw/haftars-russian-mercenaries

Poll: Would you trade Marcus Evans for Mike Ashley?

Rumours on 19:17 - Feb 28 with 915 viewsWD19

Rumours on 13:10 - Feb 28 by WeWereZombies

I think this thread needs some recalibration - Boris is Paul Cook to Putin's Roy Keane.

Macron is Alan Pardew.
Rumours on 20:29 - Feb 28 with 846 viewsWeWereZombies

Rumours on 19:17 - Feb 28 by WD19

Macron is Alan Pardew.

So that makes David Milliband Alan Curbishley then...

Rumours on 22:48 - Feb 28 with 725 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Rumours on 13:10 - Feb 28 by WeWereZombies

Lukashenko is Steve Evans?

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024