Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC Sport live text photograph 21:04 - May 16 with 1678 viewsdominiciawful

This is the background image currently in use for the Newcastle-Arsenal match live updates page:

It's insultingly bad.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

BBC Sport live text photograph on 21:08 - May 16 with 1613 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The quality of the statue, the way they treated him or both?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

BBC Sport live text photograph on 21:08 - May 16 with 1611 viewsGeoffSentence

That sculptor obviously cant do hands

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

BBC Sport live text photograph on 21:14 - May 16 with 1559 viewsSeablu

I didn’t even know Hugh Dennis was a Newcastle fan.
BBC Sport live text photograph on 21:31 - May 16 with 1484 viewsDubtractor

The close up of it on the beeb really shows how bad it is.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jeeze I thought Aguero’s was bad… on 21:34 - May 16 with 1465 viewsunstableblue

… this is awful

And muppets complain about Beeaties! The shin pads alone make it AWESOME

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

BBC Sport live text photograph on 21:41 - May 16 with 1439 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s harsh imo. Not many sculptors have so effectively captured the true essence of Tommy Cannon.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

BBC Sport live text photograph on 22:01 - May 16 with 1382 viewsdominiciawful

BBC Sport live text photograph on 21:41 - May 16 by Swansea_Blue

That’s harsh imo. Not many sculptors have so effectively captured the true essence of Tommy Cannon.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

BBC Sport live text photograph on 22:04 - May 16 with 1361 viewsZXBlue

Was this a sculptor who can't do hands?
Login to get fewer ads

BBC Sport live text photograph on 06:07 - May 17 with 1151 viewsVeggie

BBC Sport live text photograph on 21:08 - May 16 by GeoffSentence

That sculptor obviously cant do hands

Lol that’s exactly what I was thinking. “Ah b0llox, I’ll just put his hands in his pockets. No one will notice.”
BBC Sport live text photograph on 09:05 - May 17 with 961 viewsblueprint

Still annoys me that when he passed the majority of the media attention was on the grieving Newcastle fans. The same ones who wanted him sacked.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 9:14]
BBC Sport live text photograph on 09:26 - May 17 with 912 viewsChurchman

BBC Sport live text photograph on 21:08 - May 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

The quality of the statue, the way they treated him or both?

Both.

I’ve seen the statue. It’s dreadful. As for how Robson was treated, that’s been airbrushed, modified and the truth has long since departed.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-shocking-i

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2277260/robson-hurt-by-boo-boys

Ok, there were times at Ipswich where Robson got stick off the crowd, especially in the early years. The difference was the depth of it and that despite their reputation for outrageous hospitality, the Cobbolds knew what they were doing. You don’t get to employ two England managers by chance.

Newcastle was run by clowns and they and the supporters only elevated Robson from senile old fool to statue status when they realised 5th in the PL wasn’t so bad.

When Bobby Robson died, the outpouring of tributes and respect was well deserved. He really was a legend, up there with best. That’s before you acknowledge his brilliant Foundation work. But when I saw the Newcastle fans reaction both at St James Park and at the Ipswich game, I couldn’t help but feel slightly nauseated.

They couldn’t wait to get rid of him.
BBC Sport live text photograph on 11:19 - May 17 with 836 viewsBluefields

BBC Sport live text photograph on 09:05 - May 17 by blueprint

Still annoys me that when he passed the majority of the media attention was on the grieving Newcastle fans. The same ones who wanted him sacked.
[Post edited 17 May 2022 9:14]

Im from Newcastle and never heard one single fan say they wanted him sacked. In fact they were gutted when he went.
BBC Sport live text photograph on 11:20 - May 17 with 834 viewsBluefields

BBC Sport live text photograph on 09:26 - May 17 by Churchman

Both.

I’ve seen the statue. It’s dreadful. As for how Robson was treated, that’s been airbrushed, modified and the truth has long since departed.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-shocking-i

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2277260/robson-hurt-by-boo-boys

Ok, there were times at Ipswich where Robson got stick off the crowd, especially in the early years. The difference was the depth of it and that despite their reputation for outrageous hospitality, the Cobbolds knew what they were doing. You don’t get to employ two England managers by chance.

Newcastle was run by clowns and they and the supporters only elevated Robson from senile old fool to statue status when they realised 5th in the PL wasn’t so bad.

When Bobby Robson died, the outpouring of tributes and respect was well deserved. He really was a legend, up there with best. That’s before you acknowledge his brilliant Foundation work. But when I saw the Newcastle fans reaction both at St James Park and at the Ipswich game, I couldn’t help but feel slightly nauseated.

They couldn’t wait to get rid of him.

Utter rubbish.
BBC Sport live text photograph on 14:57 - May 17 with 745 viewsRyorry

BBC Sport live text photograph on 11:19 - May 17 by Bluefields

Im from Newcastle and never heard one single fan say they wanted him sacked. In fact they were gutted when he went.

I spoke personally with a couple of Toon fans at a filling station just before one of our games up there - they were incredibly unappreciative & disrespectful, couldn't wait to "get rid" of him.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024