Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train 23:32 - May 30 with 2356 viewsPaddingtonblue

Just to update two convictions have resulted from this (one pleaded guilty, one pleaded not guilty but was found guilty at court). The punishments were relatively minor, which isnt necessarily wrong if lessons have been learned, but both have been banned from PR and attending Ipswich games.

Feel like it sends an important message and glad that taking action results in an outcome. Thanks for all the advice and glad to show that speaking up is the right thing (even when some people's initial reaction even on this forum is to doubt.)
[Post edited 30 May 2022 23:37]
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 00:04 - May 31 with 2192 viewsGiant_Midget

Pleased to hear that there are consequences to idiots actions. Hopefully this will give others confidence to report similar incidents should they happen.
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 00:09 - May 31 with 2189 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Think it’s important to establish for anyone new to this case that your last line is somewhat inaccurate and incredible unfair on the good folk of TWTD. The huge majority on here when you posted that thread last year were supportive of your actions and the idiots being caught.

Nobody associated with Town or this forum wants homophobia or the Fashanu chant associated with our great club.
[Post edited 31 May 2022 0:10]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 00:25 - May 31 with 2135 viewsHalifaxBlue

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 00:09 - May 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Think it’s important to establish for anyone new to this case that your last line is somewhat inaccurate and incredible unfair on the good folk of TWTD. The huge majority on here when you posted that thread last year were supportive of your actions and the idiots being caught.

Nobody associated with Town or this forum wants homophobia or the Fashanu chant associated with our great club.

They did say "some people" to be fair. I think it's naive to think there aren't some utter tools who support us. Were the people engaging in the homophobic chants not associated with Town?

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 00:28 - May 31 with 2131 viewsXYZ

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 00:09 - May 31 by The_Romford_Blue

He said "some".

The "some" need to be called out even when the "huge majority" are supportive.

His last line is entirely accurate and fair.
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 00:53 - May 31 with 2097 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 00:28 - May 31 by XYZ

He said "some".

The "some" need to be called out even when the "huge majority" are supportive.

His last line is entirely accurate and fair.

Of course they do. I wasn’t suggesting otherwise.

But the way he’s said it was as though they weren’t rightly challenge when the very few seemed to question what he was doing reporting it.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 01:16 - May 31 with 2076 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Let's hope it's the last time that a homophobic song revelling in the emotional distress of a suicidal man is ever sung by Town fans.

It's the equivalent of Norwich fans singing a song revelling in the mental distress and Manslaughter of Dalian Atkinson. There would be outrage if that ever happened.

Good that the CPS took this forward, that convictions have been secured, and that the Club have backed this up.
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 01:55 - May 31 with 2041 viewsKropotkin123

Well done on your actions and results.

🌈

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 02:41 - May 31 with 2018 viewsjeera

Fair play.

Good for you and anyone else involved for not permitting this behaviour to remain normalised.

If they're young I hope their ban isn't permanent but they instead get the chance to sometime show some sense and understanding of how damaging this sort of sh1t can be.

Rather than face punitive action forever if handled correctly they may even one day be the ones to call this stuff out.

I'm assuming they're kids here. If they're adults then I got nothing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 07:25 - May 31 with 1772 viewseastangliaisblue

The OP is correct with the last line. I was one of those at the time who did question if this actually happened. There was a second post from the first where I did hold my hands up and say I was in the wrong.

I did like to think town fans are a little classier than that. I was obviously wrong. Glad they have been punished.
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 08:04 - May 31 with 1612 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Did you give evidence in court?
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 22:39 - May 31 with 1192 viewsPaddingtonblue

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 08:04 - May 31 by PrideOfTheEast

Did you give evidence in court?

No I didn’t- statement and video evidence was enough
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 22:51 - May 31 with 1150 viewsSwansea_Blue

The original thread was met with a range of responses from calls of bullsh*t, through some skepticism, some questioning, some accepting without question and some using it as a chance to get some digs in at other posters.

In other words it was typical TWTD. The OP definitely faced some pushback.

Anyway, that’s in the past. I’m glad it’s been dealt with seriously.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 11:45 - Jun 1 with 910 viewsyesjohn99

Has the convictions been covered in the local news?

I’ve missed it if so.
UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 12:58 - Jun 1 with 854 viewswkj

I disagree, there was a few that met his post with hostility and he's every right to nudge back when he was being nudged.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

UPDATE Homophobic (Fashanu) Chant's- Plymouth to Paddington train on 13:06 - Jun 1 with 833 viewsbluelagos

Good news. Do you know the length of bans? Are thet football banning orders or have the club done them?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024