Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mo Farah 22:09 - Jul 11 with 1519 viewsSwansea_Blue

Blimey, powerful stuff about his background. Apparently there's a documentary about it all on Wednesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62123886

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mo Farah on 22:11 - Jul 11 with 1491 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow! Saw the trailer and wondered what it was about. Thanks for sharing.

I presume he is safe from this Government deporting him to Rwanda now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mo Farah on 22:21 - Jul 11 with 1414 viewsOldsmoker

Mo Farah on 22:11 - Jul 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Technically he's not safe.

Bit of an own goal to deport a 'Sir' who represented our country at the Olympics.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Mo Farah on 22:22 - Jul 11 with 1404 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mo Farah on 22:11 - Jul 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

It looks to be an incredibly moving piece of TV.

The Rwanda policy is indeed retrospective, but only going back to 1st January 2022. It does make you wonder whether someone in his position would now get the same opportunity. I believe children are being earmarked for deportation if they are with a family. Lone children not, although the govt have been accused of planning to deport lone 16-18 year olds (who class as children under law) and wrongly age assessing teenagers as 20 somethings https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jun/05/uk-accused-of-attempting-to-deport A vile policy for sure.

Maybe this documentary will make some people think a bit more carefully. Conversely, it would be a shame if his story gets hijacked for a political mudslinging match.

Mo Farah on 22:24 - Jul 11 with 1392 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Mo Farah on 22:21 - Jul 11 by Oldsmoker

Technically he's not safe.

Bit of an own goal to deport a 'Sir' who represented our country at the Olympics.

The article makes that clear. The barrister says the risk is low due to his open declarations leading up to his successful citizenship application. The reality is that the risk is low due to his success on the running track more than anything.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Mo Farah on 22:26 - Jul 11 with 1374 viewsSwansea_Blue

Mo Farah on 22:24 - Jul 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

The article makes that clear. The barrister says the risk is low due to his open declarations leading up to his successful citizenship application. The reality is that the risk is low due to his success on the running track more than anything.

indeed. He'll be safe, but I wonder if someone unheard of in the same circumstances would be let off. I think we all know the answer to that.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2022 22:26]

Mo Farah on 06:59 - Jul 12 with 1094 viewsElephantintheRoom

Wait til the BBC do a shock horror exposé on his ‘ahem’ training routine in the wooded hills of Oregon

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Mo Farah on 07:30 - Jul 12 with 1030 viewsunbelievablue

Mo Farah on 06:59 - Jul 12 by ElephantintheRoom

Wait til the BBC do a shock horror exposé on his ‘ahem’ training routine in the wooded hills of Oregon

Multiple investigations, no evidence of any issues pertaining to Farah.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Mo Farah on 08:04 - Jul 12 with 976 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mo Farah has been an inspiration since arriving in the athletics scene.

These latest revelations also make him an absolute inspiration for anyone fleeing war or persecution and wanting to find a new life in a dosage country.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Mo Farah on 08:40 - Jul 12 with 924 viewsSteve_M

And, here's the predictable response from the lunatic fringe:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Mo Farah on 09:15 - Jul 12 with 855 viewsSTYG

Mo Farah on 22:24 - Jul 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

It also highlights the very real and horrific cases that go on too.

Quite simply, if Mo Farah had become a window cleaner or managed a petrol station or worked for his local council on the reception, he'd be fearing that he'd be booted out of the country right now like plenty of hard working decent people with similar stories, who consider themselves to be British.

Incredibly moving story and of course Farah is safe. But hopefully this allows some of the bigots in this country to realise that there are plenty of other people in the same situation who deserve our compassion and to be treated the same whether they have gold medals or not.
Mo Farah on 09:21 - Jul 12 with 844 viewsitfcjoe

Mo Farah on 07:30 - Jul 12 by unbelievablue

Multiple investigations, no evidence of any issues pertaining to Farah.

You sleep with dogs, you get fleas. I love what Mo did, watching the 2012 races especially up in London after being at Olynmpic Park that day were genuinely superb and inspirational to see - but you don't have to look too deeply at his regimes and who he has associated himself with for it to take the shine off

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mo Farah on 12:45 - Jul 12 with 666 viewsnoggin

Mo Farah on 09:15 - Jul 12 by STYG

It also highlights the very real and horrific cases that go on too.

Quite simply, if Mo Farah had become a window cleaner or managed a petrol station or worked for his local council on the reception, he'd be fearing that he'd be booted out of the country right now like plenty of hard working decent people with similar stories, who consider themselves to be British.

Incredibly moving story and of course Farah is safe. But hopefully this allows some of the bigots in this country to realise that there are plenty of other people in the same situation who deserve our compassion and to be treated the same whether they have gold medals or not.

Excellent post.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mo Farah on 13:03 - Jul 12 with 598 viewsunbelievablue

Mo Farah on 09:21 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

You sleep with dogs, you get fleas. I love what Mo did, watching the 2012 races especially up in London after being at Olynmpic Park that day were genuinely superb and inspirational to see - but you don't have to look too deeply at his regimes and who he has associated himself with for it to take the shine off

So you think he's a cheat?

Edit - unfortunate typo made this sound like a challenge. Meant to put 'do you think he's a cheat?'. No particular horse in this race.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 13:05]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Mo Farah on 13:22 - Jul 12 with 539 viewsnoggin

Mo Farah on 13:03 - Jul 12 by unbelievablue

Edit - unfortunate typo made this sound like a challenge. Meant to put 'do you think he's a cheat?'. No particular horse in this race.

A successful British athlete. It's only right that we put him down...

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Mo Farah on 13:28 - Jul 12 with 509 viewsitfcjoe

Mo Farah on 13:03 - Jul 12 by unbelievablue

Personally if had to come down on the side of it I'd say so.

Repeatedly denied recieving the injection treatment and didn't declare before it showed up in tests then said he forgot - not good enough for a top athlete. It wasn't illegal but not right to be doing so

Salazar turned him form an also ran to a world beater, and whilst Salazar got a long ban the spotlight never shone on MF as much as it could/should have done

Asked specifically and multiple times whether he had an L-carnitine injection before the London Marathon, Farah repeatedly denied it.

He was asked: "If someone said that you were taking L-carnitine injections, are they not telling the truth?"

Farah said: "Definitely not telling the truth, 100%. I've never taken L-carnitine injections at all."

He is then asked: "Are you sure that Alberto Salazar hasn't recommended that you take L-carnitine injections?"

Farah responds: "No, I've never taken L-carnitine injections."

He is asked again: "You're absolutely sure that you didn't have a doctor put a butterfly needle… into your arm… and inject L-carnitine a few days before the London marathon?"

Farah says: "No. No chance."

We have learned that minutes after the interview, Farah then met Fudge, who had been interviewed by Usada the day before.

Farah then rushed back in as the investigators were packing up. He changed his account.

Farah tells Usada: "So I just wanted to come clear, sorry guys, and I did take it at the time and I thought I didn't…"

He is asked: "So you received L-carnitine… before the London marathon?"

Farah answers: "Yeah."

He adds: "There was a lot of talk before… and Alberto's always thinking about 'What's the best thing?' 'What's the best thing?'"

The Usada investigator says "… a few days before the race… with… Alberto present and your doctor and Barry Fudge and you're telling us all about that now but you didn't remember any of that when I… kept asking you about this?"

Farah responds: "It all comes back for me, but at the time I didn't remember."

Same excuses as Lance Armstrong as well "one of the most drug tested' athletes on the planet - despite missing 2 before 2012 Olympics

He trained with Jama Aden in Kenya who was later banned for giving EPO to his athletes, he denied knowing him and just said he was taking timings when he was on a training session when all stories re him broke - but then JAs daughter posts pictures of Mo Farah having dinner at their house etc and MF had previously mentioned him in his autobiography as coach/friend

Drug testers didn't really go to Kenya so easy to put that as whereabouts for WADA, after oo many training there they moved in.....so Farah moves to Ethiopia

TUE abuses, lots more than eh would publicly admit until caught out, lots of prescription meds for conditions he didn't have.

I wouldn't dig too deep into it if you don't want that bit of hope crushed - but there could easily have been a Lance Armstrong style book written about him if he had the arrogance to keep coming back as he has been caught out lying so many times

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mo Farah on 13:28 - Jul 12 with 506 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mo Farah on 13:22 - Jul 12 by noggin

A successful British athlete. It's only right that we put him down...

Makes a change from you putting down anything British.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024