Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matched betting with free bets as small side income 19:19 - Oct 19 with 4161 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I've just been reading a bit about this, and (without knowing ANYTHING about betting) it seems like a easy-to-follow process to make a bit of extra cash.

Anyone got any experience? Is it as easy as the guides tell you?

For reference I was reading this:

https://www.savethestudent.org/make-money/what-is-matched-betting.html

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 00:57 - Oct 20 with 2915 viewsClareBlue

I know plenty about this and work with serious players in this area and other strategies to make no lose bets. It does work if you can get the free bets or enhanced odds that are required.

I can state the basics and some reasons as to why the opportunities are there. If you are going to do this, don't underestimate the very real risks I will highlight next. These risks are not in the strategies, they work fine if implemented exactly as they need to be. The risks are in the psychology of gambling and the significant number of people who start gambling and end up pathological gamblers. You will be exposing yourself to gambling and all the gambling sites and their very well researched methods of encouraging you to continue gambling. There is no definitive way of knowing if pathological gambling will happen to anybody, though some risk factors are known, especially around cross addiction. But 1 in 10 who start gambling will have a problem and and the extreme end it will destroy your life and those around you.

There is a reason bookies offer sign up bonuses, free bets, enhanced odds etc. and the reasons work.
Always read the terms. Some are so restrictive you will not be able to make it work. Especially around play through staking and withdrawing winners from bonus credits.
So that's the warning, don't dismiss it lightly.

You will really need to know how betting exchanges work.

The simplest strategy is to find a price from the bookies that is higher than the price people want on the exchanges. For example, if you find Man U 11/10 to win and someone wants evens on the exchange then you back Man U, say 10 to win 11 and lay 10 to pay 10. if they win you get 11 and pay 10, profit 1 but if they don't then you lose 10 but win 10 so no loss. You actually have to factor in a 5% com on the lay too so your profit on a win is around 0.9

we run Bots across all the platforms for this and take all the lay prices out of sinc as they appear, so you have no chance of doing this, but you can do it with bookie bonuses which we can not get now. That is when the bookies enhance a price as a special offer or give you free credit or bets.

so if Man U is enhanced to 6/4 for 25 pounds then you can back that and lay at whatever you can get below 6/4. This will work. Just wait for the enhanced odds in either bookies or online. Have accounts with all bookies and sit and wait. Usually for big games or big meetings or for England matches.

If you only use an account for enhanced odds it will get shut after about the 5th time you do it because they realize you are not going to get into other betting and they will not be making money from you. You have to try and have other activity.

you can lay free bets and free credit exactly the same. if they give you 20 free then you can lay 15 off and if it wins you collect but payout a bit less. if it loses you collect the 15. you have to get the maths right, but it works as per the article. But if you only use free bets the account will be restricted quick enough. They want you to start betting on other things.

Using multiple accounts for free bets doesn't work as it is against terms and they track IP. You can get friends to set up but if you do this across all the platforms they track you quick enough. T hey have know your customer ID requirements and they will prevent withdrawing money very quickly if they think accounts are interlinked between bookies.

Shop bonuses and enhanced odds are much easier to prolong as they don't pick you up as quick but you have to dedicate the time to get to them.

You can create under-round books using free bets and enhanced odds and exchanges. Again, we run bots to do this but can not get the enhanced odds. You should be able to for a while at least.

bookies profit is by over rounding a book. The bigger the OR the more profit. 100% is a true book with no edge for punter or bookie. Bookies can bet to 120-40% giving them a huge edge but you can get under-round if you use the enhanced odds. Under-round means you can not lose if you get the maths right.

Conclusion

It works but exposes you to gambling and all the techniques to make you gamble
If you do it you will find it harder and harder to get the free bets and bonuses you need
most times the bets are restricted to 20 or 25 euro. Deposit bonuses come with conditions that often require a certain turn over of betting before you can withdraw any winnings. Interlinking accounts will be found quickly and you will have no chance of withdrawing from your account.
Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 07:43 - Oct 20 with 2802 viewsRobTheMonk

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 00:57 - Oct 20 by ClareBlue

I know plenty about this and work with serious players in this area and other strategies to make no lose bets. It does work if you can get the free bets or enhanced odds that are required.

I can state the basics and some reasons as to why the opportunities are there. If you are going to do this, don't underestimate the very real risks I will highlight next. These risks are not in the strategies, they work fine if implemented exactly as they need to be. The risks are in the psychology of gambling and the significant number of people who start gambling and end up pathological gamblers. You will be exposing yourself to gambling and all the gambling sites and their very well researched methods of encouraging you to continue gambling. There is no definitive way of knowing if pathological gambling will happen to anybody, though some risk factors are known, especially around cross addiction. But 1 in 10 who start gambling will have a problem and and the extreme end it will destroy your life and those around you.

There is a reason bookies offer sign up bonuses, free bets, enhanced odds etc. and the reasons work.
Always read the terms. Some are so restrictive you will not be able to make it work. Especially around play through staking and withdrawing winners from bonus credits.

The simplest strategy is to find a price from the bookies that is higher than the price people want on the exchanges. For example, if you find Man U 11/10 to win and someone wants evens on the exchange then you back Man U, say 10 to win 11 and lay 10 to pay 10. if they win you get 11 and pay 10, profit 1 but if they don't then you lose 10 but win 10 so no loss. You actually have to factor in a 5% com on the lay too so your profit on a win is around 0.9

we run Bots across all the platforms for this and take all the lay prices out of sinc as they appear, so you have no chance of doing this, but you can do it with bookie bonuses which we can not get now. That is when the bookies enhance a price as a special offer or give you free credit or bets.

so if Man U is enhanced to 6/4 for 25 pounds then you can back that and lay at whatever you can get below 6/4. This will work. Just wait for the enhanced odds in either bookies or online. Have accounts with all bookies and sit and wait. Usually for big games or big meetings or for England matches.

If you only use an account for enhanced odds it will get shut after about the 5th time you do it because they realize you are not going to get into other betting and they will not be making money from you. You have to try and have other activity.

you can lay free bets and free credit exactly the same. if they give you 20 free then you can lay 15 off and if it wins you collect but payout a bit less. if it loses you collect the 15. you have to get the maths right, but it works as per the article. But if you only use free bets the account will be restricted quick enough. They want you to start betting on other things.

Using multiple accounts for free bets doesn't work as it is against terms and they track IP. You can get friends to set up but if you do this across all the platforms they track you quick enough. T hey have know your customer ID requirements and they will prevent withdrawing money very quickly if they think accounts are interlinked between bookies.

Shop bonuses and enhanced odds are much easier to prolong as they don't pick you up as quick but you have to dedicate the time to get to them.

You can create under-round books using free bets and enhanced odds and exchanges. Again, we run bots to do this but can not get the enhanced odds. You should be able to for a while at least.

bookies profit is by over rounding a book. The bigger the OR the more profit. 100% is a true book with no edge for punter or bookie. Bookies can bet to 120-40% giving them a huge edge but you can get under-round if you use the enhanced odds. Under-round means you can not lose if you get the maths right.

Conclusion

If you do it you will find it harder and harder to get the free bets and bonuses you need
most times the bets are restricted to 20 or 25 euro. Deposit bonuses come with conditions that often require a certain turn over of betting before you can withdraw any winnings. Interlinking accounts will be found quickly and you will have no chance of withdrawing from your account.

Good post.

I did it. Made a good sum of money and then p1ssed it back into the slots plus some more. Never more than I could afford to lose, but disposable income that could have been used/invested.

Haven't gambled for a long time now and suddenly, even with twins, I have loads more money. As soon as we found out Madge was pregnant I basically closed all of my accounts.

But yes, it does work. If you follow to formula to the letter you'll make money. If you stray and start exploring those other gambling temptations, you'll most likely lose.
Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 08:02 - Oct 20 with 2774 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 07:43 - Oct 20 by RobTheMonk

Good post.

I did it. Made a good sum of money and then p1ssed it back into the slots plus some more. Never more than I could afford to lose, but disposable income that could have been used/invested.

Haven't gambled for a long time now and suddenly, even with twins, I have loads more money. As soon as we found out Madge was pregnant I basically closed all of my accounts.

But yes, it does work. If you follow to formula to the letter you'll make money. If you stray and start exploring those other gambling temptations, you'll most likely lose.

Well done, kids really can be good for you.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 08:12 - Oct 20 with 2758 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 00:57 - Oct 20 by ClareBlue

Conclusion

Decent post. Three things though..

1) That 1 in 10 have a gambling problem isn’t quite true. It’s 1 in 20 that have placed a bet. Let alone those who don’t and have never bet at all. 1 in 10 is somewhat over the top.

2) The bit about finding a bigger price with the bookie than on the exchange is abit unrealistic. You’ll only be able to do that with bookie boosts. A standard match where there’s no boost, if you think a bookie will be going bigger than the exchange, it’s fantasy land. We live in an age where like it or not, the exchange price runs of more important to a bookies odds than there own liabilities. If it’s Evens on the machine, there’s not a hope in hell a bookie goes 11/10. We’d go 5/6 if it was Evens the fav in a football game for what it’s worth.

3) OP, I’d recommend messaging J2Blue on this. He’d too be of great help to you I am sure on this.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 08:49 - Oct 20 with 2688 viewsoldbeardy

I do some matched betting and it works if you follow the process. It does take time though. I found it easiest to use one of the websites that charge a monthly fee because then you get detailed instructions plus online tools to help you find the best bets quickly. The fees are easily covered by profits. I know some people who have been doing this for several years and make around £1000 per month - but that's after becoming expert, therefore quick, and devoting lots of time to it. You can usually have a free/very cheap trial with one of the websites to see whether it works for you. It isn't hard to make a couple of hundred pounds tax-free per month but you have to see it as a process to be followed.
Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 09:18 - Oct 20 with 2662 viewsthecheek

It is relatively simple to make a few hundred pounds using free bet offers and laying them off on Betfair.

Check the terms of the free bet offers though as some bookmakers will insist you place a minimum number of bets before you can withdraw any winnings so best swerve those.

Once the free bets dry up things get harder- there are some opportunities on minor markets to back and lay in order to lock in profits but the bookies soon realise what you are up to and close your account or limit your stakes to something ridiculously low.
Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 09:33 - Oct 20 with 2634 viewsgordon

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 08:12 - Oct 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Decent post. Three things though..

1) That 1 in 10 have a gambling problem isn’t quite true. It’s 1 in 20 that have placed a bet. Let alone those who don’t and have never bet at all. 1 in 10 is somewhat over the top.

2) The bit about finding a bigger price with the bookie than on the exchange is abit unrealistic. You’ll only be able to do that with bookie boosts. A standard match where there’s no boost, if you think a bookie will be going bigger than the exchange, it’s fantasy land. We live in an age where like it or not, the exchange price runs of more important to a bookies odds than there own liabilities. If it’s Evens on the machine, there’s not a hope in hell a bookie goes 11/10. We’d go 5/6 if it was Evens the fav in a football game for what it’s worth.

3) OP, I’d recommend messaging J2Blue on this. He’d too be of great help to you I am sure on this.

Couldn't 1 in 10 who 'start gambling' and 1 in 20 who 'place a bet' both be true?

Assuming that 'start gambling' implies something a little bit more than one single bet.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 9:34]
Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 09:48 - Oct 20 with 2576 viewsitfcjoe

I did it for the real low hanging fruit - i.e. a new accoutn at each bookie and using the welcome offer, plus the weekly £5 one at SkyBet at the time.

Made about £600 over a couple of months - a couple of points though.

You have to be very careful not to make a mistake, some websites give you the formulas and are worth their weight in gold.

You'll need at least £500 as a pot to get started, because some firms give you £100 matched bet bonus and you'll need to have these funds available to lay it on the exchanges

Once you've picked off all the low hanging fruit when you can make £100s in the first few weeks it can be slim, disciplined pickings from there. Often it's doing the same process to clear about £4 a bet which isn't always worth it

A few on here will be able to go through the next phase with you as I took the money and ran so to speak, but is worthwhile

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 09:58 - Oct 20 with 2554 viewsWeekender

Did this about 10 years ago and made about £1500 over 3-4 months. That pretty much used up the new customer free bet offers for most bookies and opportunities then become fewer and further between.

As others have said if done right its no risk (financially) but make sure you understand market liquidity and how lay betting works on an exchange.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:05 - Oct 20 with 2532 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Thank you very much for the responses.

Another question - does it affect your credit score/chances of getting a mortgage?

I've read that it doesn't affect your credit score, but can still affect getting a mortgage as providers don't like it. I also read a way round this is to set up an online bank account and use that exclusively for your matched betting.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:09 - Oct 20 with 2516 viewsclive_baker

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:05 - Oct 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

Another question - does it affect your credit score/chances of getting a mortgage?

I've read that it doesn't affect your credit score, but can still affect getting a mortgage as providers don't like it. I also read a way round this is to set up an online bank account and use that exclusively for your matched betting.

That's a fair consideration. A mortgage provider will want to see 3 -6 months' worth of bank statements as part of their due diligence when approving your mortgage. It's true that if there's a number of high level transactions in / out of gambling accounts they will flag as a risk. Lenders don't tend to like people who look like gamblers.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:10 - Oct 20 with 2509 viewsclive_baker

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 09:33 - Oct 20 by gordon

Couldn't 1 in 10 who 'start gambling' and 1 in 20 who 'place a bet' both be true?

Assuming that 'start gambling' implies something a little bit more than one single bet.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2022 9:34]

It's a moot point anyway. The point still remains around the perils of gambling, whether its 5% or 10% is largely irrelevant.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:13 - Oct 20 with 2489 viewsWeekender

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:05 - Oct 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

I don't know how montage lenders view payments to bookies but if you are likely to submit statements in support of a mortgage application its probably sensible to run the betting trough another account. If you chase all of the available free bets you will end up with at least 50 accounts at online bookies.

As an aside be careful with obscure online bookies as they are occasionally difficult to withdraw cash from. I always preferred the lay bet to win on Betfair despite the commission.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:16 - Oct 20 with 2469 viewsWeekender

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:10 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

It's a moot point anyway. The point still remains around the perils of gambling, whether its 5% or 10% is largely irrelevant.

But this isn't gambling, its risk free (if implemented correctly).

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:19 - Oct 20 with 2447 viewsclive_baker

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:16 - Oct 20 by Weekender

But this isn't gambling, its risk free (if implemented correctly).

Yes but Clare's post is spot on, matched betting is risk free, but its also exposure to gambling and gambling sites, and some people will inevitably fall foul of the perils of that.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:19 - Oct 20 with 2446 viewschicoazul

I have no idea what any of you are talking about but I wanted to come in here and say, I do know there is no such thing as a free lunch.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:22 - Oct 20 with 2434 viewsWeekender

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:19 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

Yes but Clare's post is spot on, matched betting is risk free, but its also exposure to gambling and gambling sites, and some people will inevitably fall foul of the perils of that.

I certainly agree with you there

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:44 - Oct 20 with 2394 viewsJ2BLUE

Haven't really got time to go into this in detail but a few quick points:

1) Go for it. It's a goldmine. Even now. No need to pay for a service while you are doing the sign up offers. There are plenty of sites out there which give you this info for free.

2) You can start with £100. Some sites do have higher value free bets but you can leave them until last. You can complete Coral and Betfred for example with £100 and make £30+ very easily. Then you have £130 to use. Soon you will have enough to tackle the bigger ones.

3) People start matched betting, race through the sign ups and then think the reload offers aren't worth it. Or they will race into the more complex stuff they should not be doing and get out of their depth.

Complete the sign up offers

Move on to reload offers and ignore the hype over extra place offers and 2ups. Stick to the main reload offers for at least 6 months until you even think of going near extra place offers

Start adding 2ups in from this point.

When you are GUBBED (ineligible for most offers) you start looking at EPs

4) Lots of people say it's not worth doing once you get to reloads. This is just not true. This is where the bulk of matched betting profits are made. Some offers are only worth £2-3 but you can complete them in 5 minutes. If you have 30 minutes a day on average for reload offers you should be clearing £200 profit per month and i'm being very conservative. Paddy Power have a weekly offer which people use as an example of how it's not worth it. You place 5x £10 bets and a get a £10 free bet and a power up boost. Once you put the criteria into the software it would take you about 20 minutes (again, very conservative high estimate). Then you get the free bet and the boost. £7 net profit per week for 20 minutes work. Small amounts but for short amounts of time and it adds up.

5) Check your bets. CHECK. YOUR. BETS. Before you place them and again after you place them. Human error is the biggest risk to your profits but this can be minimalised by checking. If you notice an error before a game takes place you can fix it.

6) STAY AWAY FROM EPs UNTIL YOU HAVE THE BANKROLL AND EXPERIENCE TO DO THEM. I realise I have already said this but it needs to be repeating. These are the biggest danger to your early matched betting career. Do not be seduced by the hype around these offers. They are profitable when you have the experience and bankroll to do them correctly. I see newbies ignore low hanging fruit to start these then they lose 5-10 bets and the qualifying losses add up and they quit.

7) Stay away from casino offers. Do not even think about starting them unless you know for sure you can do casino without wanting to gamble and you understand precisely how they work. People start these thinking they are like the sports offers. They are not. You need a larger bankroll and you need to have the correct mindset.

TL; DR: Go for it. Do the sign ups. Take the low hanging reloads. You will make a good chunk of cash. Take it slow, make sure you do it right and don't rush into the more advanced stuff and it's a goldmine. Even now.

Of course there will be people who have genuinely milked their accounts dry who it really has dried up for but in my experience 90%+ have a lot more profit to make from their accounts.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:47 - Oct 20 with 2359 viewsJ2BLUE

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 10:19 - Oct 20 by chicoazul

I have no idea what any of you are talking about but I wanted to come in here and say, I do know there is no such thing as a free lunch.

£10 bet and get offer.

£10 on Team A at 2.00.

You go to the exchange and lay Team A.

If they win, you win the bookie bet. If they draw or lose you win the exchange bet.

You lose £0.50 on this bet overall.

You then get a £10 free bet.

You use it on Newcastle at 10/1. If Newcastle win you get £100 profit. If they don't win you lose nothing.

But instead of this gamble to go to the exchange. You lay Newcastle. The liability it takes is offset by your potential £100 win on Newcastle.

You lock in £8 profit whether they win or lose.

That is matched betting.

Truly impaired.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:16 - Oct 20 with 2297 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Brilliant advice J2, thanks!

Any advice on how to get round the mortgage-related issues?

Is it simply a case of using a separate/online bank account specifically for this?

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:35 - Oct 20 with 2252 viewsJ2BLUE

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:16 - Oct 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

Brilliant advice J2, thanks!

Any advice on how to get round the mortgage-related issues?

Is it simply a case of using a separate/online bank account specifically for this?

A separate bank account would be good. I would recommend a standard high street bank account rather than an app based account.

It's very unlikely they would ask to see anything except your main accounts. Obviously I cannot guarantee it but I have never heard of lenders asking to see other accounts.

Avoid the spread betting companies Spreadex and Sporting Index as they might do a credit search. Other bookies do a soft search just to try and verify you and this does not show up to lenders.

Truly impaired.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:38 - Oct 20 with 2232 viewsClareBlue

The 1 in 10 is figures for those that have lost more than they can afford and the 1 in 20 is for serious. The study we did in Ireland found massive under reporting of the negative effects of pathological gambling even in completely anonimised studies. There is huge denial in this area. If you start this you are in the risk group of trying to be the 9 in 10 which is fine if you are. I was an original investor in flutter, if any of you remember that and I saw progressive gambling addiction first hand. 3 perc of any bookie account is profitable for the punter. That's the facts.

Anyway, that's not what you asked.

The issue is that to get all the reloads and bonuses you have to have some other activity. You don't get reloads etc by only betting your reloads. They are a reward for other betting. Usually for other losing betting. There's the denial again. Of course you can use your bonuses to match and lay but what have you had to do to get them.
You can not open an account and just run it on bonuses and reloads. You won't get them after about 5 offers with no other activity. It's the other activity that is your potential issue.

As for unrealistic in price and lay descrepencies. We run bots across all betting platforms and find them but mostly in less well known sports, like GAA etc and mostly actually errors on the exchanges that disappear quickly. Mostly we lay and bet between exchanges not bookies. We automate them in seconds to auto calc price and stake. You can not do this manually.

But if you are disciplined and prepared to spend some time, you can make it work. I would love to see how anyone has made 500 plus a month doing matched bets for more than 3 months without any loses from any other activity. I would be genuinely interested in that.
Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:39 - Oct 20 with 2225 viewsclive_baker

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:35 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

A separate bank account would be good. I would recommend a standard high street bank account rather than an app based account.

It's very unlikely they would ask to see anything except your main accounts. Obviously I cannot guarantee it but I have never heard of lenders asking to see other accounts.

Avoid the spread betting companies Spreadex and Sporting Index as they might do a credit search. Other bookies do a soft search just to try and verify you and this does not show up to lenders.

They would ask to see it if there are transactions in and out of it from the main account. If there aren't, then they wouldn't know it exists or to ask for it.

I guess if the mortgage application is likely to be more than 3 months away you could open a new account now, transfer X amount into it to do your thing with, and then have no more transfers between it and your main account, to allow that 3 month period to pass.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:46 - Oct 20 with 2194 viewsJ2BLUE

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:38 - Oct 20 by ClareBlue

The 1 in 10 is figures for those that have lost more than they can afford and the 1 in 20 is for serious. The study we did in Ireland found massive under reporting of the negative effects of pathological gambling even in completely anonimised studies. There is huge denial in this area. If you start this you are in the risk group of trying to be the 9 in 10 which is fine if you are. I was an original investor in flutter, if any of you remember that and I saw progressive gambling addiction first hand. 3 perc of any bookie account is profitable for the punter. That's the facts.

Anyway, that's not what you asked.

The issue is that to get all the reloads and bonuses you have to have some other activity. You don't get reloads etc by only betting your reloads. They are a reward for other betting. Usually for other losing betting. There's the denial again. Of course you can use your bonuses to match and lay but what have you had to do to get them.
You can not open an account and just run it on bonuses and reloads. You won't get them after about 5 offers with no other activity. It's the other activity that is your potential issue.

As for unrealistic in price and lay descrepencies. We run bots across all betting platforms and find them but mostly in less well known sports, like GAA etc and mostly actually errors on the exchanges that disappear quickly. Mostly we lay and bet between exchanges not bookies. We automate them in seconds to auto calc price and stake. You can not do this manually.

But if you are disciplined and prepared to spend some time, you can make it work. I would love to see how anyone has made 500 plus a month doing matched bets for more than 3 months without any loses from any other activity. I would be genuinely interested in that.

Have you actually got any experience of matched betting? A lot of what you're saying does not match up with what I have seen.

You do not need to lose to get free bets.

If you just take offers then you will be gubbed but it doesn't happen anywhere near as quickly as you claim for most bookies.

'I would love to see how anyone has made 500 plus a month doing matched bets for more than 3 months without any loses from any other activity. I would be genuinely interested in that.'

Virtually everyone who does matched betting could do this easily. Matched betting does not go on forever but this myth that it burns brightly for about 2 months and then dies is not fair at all.

Admittedly I have had three sets of accounts for each bookie but i've been matched betting 7 years and i'm still making a couple of hundred each month. That is without bothering with the likes of EPs and being pretty selective what I choose to do. I have also barely scratched the surface of the casino side.

Truly impaired.

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:51 - Oct 20 with 2166 viewsJ2BLUE

Matched betting with free bets as small side income on 11:39 - Oct 20 by clive_baker

They would ask to see it if there are transactions in and out of it from the main account. If there aren't, then they wouldn't know it exists or to ask for it.

I guess if the mortgage application is likely to be more than 3 months away you could open a new account now, transfer X amount into it to do your thing with, and then have no more transfers between it and your main account, to allow that 3 month period to pass.

Possibly. Again, never heard of it. Nothing to stop someone withdrawing £100 cash and paying it into their account.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024