Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reform. 09:17 - Jul 16 with 6725 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Reassuring to hear Keir talking about reforming public services with not a jot of detail on what that means. (Assume he means more privatisation) But at least he's still "laser focused!"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Reform. on 09:19 - Jul 16 with 2820 viewsGavTWTD

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Reform. on 09:22 - Jul 16 with 2787 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Reform. on 09:19 - Jul 16 by GavTWTD

Now that's focus!

Reform. on 09:25 - Jul 16 with 2774 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"What I would say....."

[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 9:48]

Reform. on 09:36 - Jul 16 with 2739 viewsDJR

What do we want?

No increase in spending on public services and pay!

When do we want it?

Now!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 9:38]
Reform. on 09:39 - Jul 16 with 2718 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Reform. on 09:36 - Jul 16 by DJR

What do we want?

No increase in spending on public services and pay!

When do we want it?

Now!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2023 9:38]

Good to see concensus in politics at last.

Reform. on 09:46 - Jul 16 with 2688 viewsDJR

Reform. on 09:39 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Good to see concensus in politics at last.

Indeed, you could read Starmer's article, with its emphasis on growth, and wonder whether there is any difference from what Liz Truss was saying.

And of course, if growth doesn't materialise, does this mean just further managed decline of public services?
Reform. on 09:50 - Jul 16 with 2640 viewsDJR

Changing tangent, one thing that really annoys me about both parties is that they go on about hard-working families.

But what about single people. Do they just not count?
Reform. on 09:52 - Jul 16 with 2617 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Reform. on 09:46 - Jul 16 by DJR

Indeed, you could read Starmer's article, with its emphasis on growth, and wonder whether there is any difference from what Liz Truss was saying.

And of course, if growth doesn't materialise, does this mean just further managed decline of public services?

Watching him on Kuenssberg just now I've never heard so many words to say nothing. The magic growth (for ever) tree seems to be our hope now.

Login to get fewer ads

Reform. on 09:57 - Jul 16 with 2605 viewsredrickstuhaart

Is there a single proper basis to suggest he intends lots of privatisation?

Very odd to be making things up to undermine the only realistic prospect of removing the current government.
Reform. on 09:59 - Jul 16 with 2598 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Reform. on 09:57 - Jul 16 by redrickstuhaart

Is there a single proper basis to suggest he intends lots of privatisation?

Very odd to be making things up to undermine the only realistic prospect of removing the current government.

Well if only he could rule it out by explaining what he means!!! What do you think he means by reform that he is too afraid to spell out in any detail whatsoever?

Reform. on 10:01 - Jul 16 with 2595 viewsDubtractor

Reform. on 09:52 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Watching him on Kuenssberg just now I've never heard so many words to say nothing. The magic growth (for ever) tree seems to be our hope now.

We're in a weird place in politics, where both main parties seem to be happily taking their core vote for granted to chase a different demographic.

The tories have gone hard for the UKIP vote that helped them win post brexit, but lots of 'traditional' tories hate the direction of the party.

Labour seem desperate to appeal to tory voters, at the very real risk that people who have voted Labour for years will be turned away. I've also never seen a politician sit on the fence on big issues as much as Starmer does.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Reform. on 10:14 - Jul 16 with 2549 viewsredrickstuhaart

Reform. on 09:59 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well if only he could rule it out by explaining what he means!!! What do you think he means by reform that he is too afraid to spell out in any detail whatsoever?

But no reason at all to think that he will privatise public services. Why make things up to undermine him? By all means have your issues with him, but its just odd and playing into the Daily Mail's hands.

Perhaps thats what you want.
Reform. on 10:25 - Jul 16 with 2530 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Reform. on 10:14 - Jul 16 by redrickstuhaart

But no reason at all to think that he will privatise public services. Why make things up to undermine him? By all means have your issues with him, but its just odd and playing into the Daily Mail's hands.

Perhaps thats what you want.

I have every reason to assume he will continue Blair's work until he says differently.

Reform. on 10:30 - Jul 16 with 2518 viewsredrickstuhaart

Reform. on 10:25 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

I have every reason to assume he will continue Blair's work until he says differently.

Ridiculous comment.

And ducking the actual point. Your only alternative to the current government and you try to undermine it by inventing stuff.
Reform. on 10:38 - Jul 16 with 2481 viewsurbanblue

Reform. on 09:50 - Jul 16 by DJR

Changing tangent, one thing that really annoys me about both parties is that they go on about hard-working families.

But what about single people. Do they just not count?

Just like for years Politicians and media banging on about young people being unable to afford to buy a home.

What about older people who can't afford to buy one either?
Reform. on 10:39 - Jul 16 with 2479 viewsDarth_Koont

Reform. on 10:30 - Jul 16 by redrickstuhaart

Ridiculous comment.

And ducking the actual point. Your only alternative to the current government and you try to undermine it by inventing stuff.

Starmer’s Labour isn’t an alternative to the Tories. It’s business as usual.

Pronouns: He/Him

Reform. on 10:43 - Jul 16 with 2467 viewsredrickstuhaart

Reform. on 10:39 - Jul 16 by Darth_Koont

Starmer’s Labour isn’t an alternative to the Tories. It’s business as usual.

You prefer the current incumbents and see no difference at all?

Very odd.
Reform. on 10:53 - Jul 16 with 2425 viewsDarth_Koont

Reform. on 10:43 - Jul 16 by redrickstuhaart

You prefer the current incumbents and see no difference at all?

Very odd.

Who said I prefer the present incumbents?

But why are people pretending that Labour will be different? Nothing they have said or committed to points to that. Add in the fact that the Labour Right who has control of the party are some of the biggest, most grasping right-wingers around and we’re looking at a Perma-Tory political establishment that will just continue to look out for itself and its backers.

Totally unfit for purpose given where the UK is and where the world is heading.

Reform. on 10:58 - Jul 16 with 2413 viewslowhouseblue

Reform. on 10:01 - Jul 16 by Dubtractor

We're in a weird place in politics, where both main parties seem to be happily taking their core vote for granted to chase a different demographic.

The tories have gone hard for the UKIP vote that helped them win post brexit, but lots of 'traditional' tories hate the direction of the party.

Labour seem desperate to appeal to tory voters, at the very real risk that people who have voted Labour for years will be turned away. I've also never seen a politician sit on the fence on big issues as much as Starmer does.

labour winning a majority next year after the result in 2019 will be an unprecedented turnaround in terms of the electoral maths involved. it only happens if a very large number of 2019 tory voters now vote labour. that is an inescapable reality.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Reform. on 11:00 - Jul 16 with 2409 viewsGlasgowBlue

Reform. on 10:01 - Jul 16 by Dubtractor

This bloke knows a bit about winning general elections.

“You win by persuading the other side’s voters to vote for you. You change things by bending the machinery of government to your values and focusing on what works, all the time persuading the other side’s voters to keep voting for you”

Tony Blair. The last Labour leader to win an election since 1974.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Reform. on 11:03 - Jul 16 with 2384 viewsVegtablue

Reform. on 10:38 - Jul 16 by urbanblue

Just like for years Politicians and media banging on about young people being unable to afford to buy a home.

What about older people who can't afford to buy one either?

Older UK residents who can't afford to buy a home lived through the era when the average house cost 2.1 times the typical first time buyer's salary. Now it is 5.5 times and the ownership rate among people aged 25-34 has halved since the 1980s, so it's understandable why politicians focus on those who didn't have the opportunity to buy in what was an extraordinarily easier climate. Plenty of older people will have moved to the UK since that much easier time, some from countries where wealth accumulation was as difficult as it is for young people today, but it's a smaller group and not one the parties want focus their attention on. Hopefully necessary housing reform will help UK residents of all ages currently priced out of home ownership.
Reform. on 11:04 - Jul 16 with 2382 viewsDarth_Koont

Reform. on 10:58 - Jul 16 by lowhouseblue

labour winning a majority next year after the result in 2019 will be an unprecedented turnaround in terms of the electoral maths involved. it only happens if a very large number of 2019 tory voters now vote labour. that is an inescapable reality.

The Labour Party approved by lowhouse and GB ... 😀

Yes, it’s every bit as right-wing, crap and dishonest as that sounds.

Reform. on 11:05 - Jul 16 with 2361 viewslowhouseblue

Reform. on 11:04 - Jul 16 by Darth_Koont

The Labour Party approved by lowhouse and GB ... 😀

Yes, it’s every bit as right-wing, crap and dishonest as that sounds.

so what other than dk's ego is approved by dk and what difference will it make after the next election?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Reform. on 11:15 - Jul 16 with 2337 viewsDarth_Koont

Reform. on 11:05 - Jul 16 by lowhouseblue

so what other than dk's ego is approved by dk and what difference will it make after the next election?

Eh?

What about actual politics fit for purpose? Politics that accepts that the neoliberal consensus isn’t working? At the very least, where politicians and parties have to stand for something and be able to make their case using evidence?

Reform. on 11:25 - Jul 16 with 2266 viewsredrickstuhaart

Reform. on 10:53 - Jul 16 by Darth_Koont

Who said I prefer the present incumbents?

But why are people pretending that Labour will be different? Nothing they have said or committed to points to that. Add in the fact that the Labour Right who has control of the party are some of the biggest, most grasping right-wingers around and we’re looking at a Perma-Tory political establishment that will just continue to look out for itself and its backers.

Totally unfit for purpose given where the UK is and where the world is heading.

If you are undermining the alternative, or endorsing another poster making things up in order to do so, that would be the logical inference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024