Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? 10:28 - Aug 10 with 2441 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Really intrigued to see how the new position for BA works out with a pretty much full house. Bejng the first game of the season you’d imagine there might be banners / Tifos planned, but woukd these still be in the SBRL if so?

I wasn’t there last night, but assuming there’s little that can be concluded about how the new position worked out?
Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:35 - Aug 10 with 2382 viewsbrazil1982

Are the two groups really separate? What's the difference nowadays?
Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:37 - Aug 10 with 2373 viewstextbackup

Sat in cobbold upper lastnight, and whilst I know they won’t be sitting down, the seating up there is fcking dreadful! People actually pay to ‘sit’ up there!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 2334 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:37 - Aug 10 by textbackup

Sat in cobbold upper lastnight, and whilst I know they won’t be sitting down, the seating up there is fcking dreadful! People actually pay to ‘sit’ up there!

It's absolutely brutal on the knees innit. I used to sit there a lot as a boy/teenager but hadn't been in it for quite a while before Bolton last season. Never again.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:45 - Aug 10 with 2305 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:37 - Aug 10 by textbackup

Not the best up there is it!

With all the stadium work that happened this year, I’m a bit surprised no safe shabdj f was introduced anywhere
Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:59 - Aug 10 with 2245 viewsTractorCam

I think they were in their usual spot in the North lower yesterday.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 11:03 - Aug 10 with 2229 viewsle2blue

We sat on the halfway line in the front row of the D section, it was great but I suspect the only part of the entire stand where you don't get your shins shredded. Hopefully, they announce its replacement soon.
Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 11:09 - Aug 10 with 2195 viewstextbackup

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 11:03 - Aug 10 by le2blue

We sat on the halfway line in the front row of the D section, it was great but I suspect the only part of the entire stand where you don't get your shins shredded. Hopefully, they announce its replacement soon.

We sat in the section nearest away fans, and looks as though they’ve done work up there to put in new safety features, barriers so away fans won’t be sat behind the posh seats in section D

Also, screens up (about 12/15”) at the front so away fans would struggle to get on the cobbold boxes to celebrate a goal.

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 13:12 - Aug 10 with 1977 viewsLA_Tractor_Boy

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 11:09 - Aug 10 by textbackup

We sat in the section nearest away fans, and looks as though they’ve done work up there to put in new safety features, barriers so away fans won’t be sat behind the posh seats in section D

Also, screens up (about 12/15”) at the front so away fans would struggle to get on the cobbold boxes to celebrate a goal.

They've definitely reconfigured the seats in the away end. E block has been split so that some of this section now forms part of V1 and home fans can be sat behind D block.

Screens have probably been put up, so that away teams can sell tickets in the front 2 or 3 rows and ITFC meet the 2,000 minimum allocation.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 15:28 - Aug 10 with 1775 viewsBlue_Order

Display wise, there’ll be something in A-Block on Saturday as it’s our first proper game up there.

We’ll be doing the smaller tifos that we used to do in S6 up there instead now, but will still do the bigger ones on the North Stand as and when.

Atmosphere wise, I think it can only be a good thing. Essentially all we’re doing is adding another few hundred singers in the block next to the NS, which should help the sound travel further to the other end.

No doubt there’ll be some teething problems at the start with different songs being sung, but once both stands get in unison it should work well.
Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 15:31 - Aug 10 with 1758 viewsITFC_Forever

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 15:28 - Aug 10 by Blue_Order

Display wise, there’ll be something in A-Block on Saturday as it’s our first proper game up there.

We’ll be doing the smaller tifos that we used to do in S6 up there instead now, but will still do the bigger ones on the North Stand as and when.

Atmosphere wise, I think it can only be a good thing. Essentially all we’re doing is adding another few hundred singers in the block next to the NS, which should help the sound travel further to the other end.

No doubt there’ll be some teething problems at the start with different songs being sung, but once both stands get in unison it should work well.

Yep.

I was a bit sceptical for the Burnley cup game last season, but there was no adverse affect on the atmosphere at all, and was improved further.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 15:39 - Aug 10 with 1717 viewsblueasfook

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 15:28 - Aug 10 by Blue_Order

I attended a game at the Nou Camp a few months back. I was in the home end and I noticed the "rabble rousers" for want of a better word, were all down the front. There was guys with drums and megaphones. They'd face backwards toward the Barca crowd behind and basically conduct the singing. Seemed to work quite well.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 16:19 - Aug 10 with 1603 viewsunstableblue

Good work

Think we need a big atmosphere for Stoke game.

And I think they’ll be a lot of bottled emotion and energy from the end of last season’s glory that’s going to spill out at kick-off! Really looking forward to it.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 19:08 - Aug 10 with 1363 viewsnorfsufblue

Don’t forget to learn and sing Bringing on back the good times! It really can be our adopted Anthem ala Glad all over at Palace etc
Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 19:40 - Aug 10 with 1271 viewstextbackup

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 13:12 - Aug 10 by LA_Tractor_Boy

They've definitely reconfigured the seats in the away end. E block has been split so that some of this section now forms part of V1 and home fans can be sat behind D block.

Screens have probably been put up, so that away teams can sell tickets in the front 2 or 3 rows and ITFC meet the 2,000 minimum allocation.

The new barriers are in place with lockable gates, meaning they can’t sit behind D block, from what I could make out lastnight

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 19:41 - Aug 10 with 1267 viewsArnieM

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:59 - Aug 10 by TractorCam

I think they were in their usual spot in the North lower yesterday.

They were, and they were excellent.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 19:50 - Aug 10 with 1226 viewsblueislander

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 15:39 - Aug 10 by blueasfook

I attended a game at the Nou Camp a few months back. I was in the home end and I noticed the "rabble rousers" for want of a better word, were all down the front. There was guys with drums and megaphones. They'd face backwards toward the Barca crowd behind and basically conduct the singing. Seemed to work quite well.

Why would you go to a football match and spend the whole time with your back to the pitch?
Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 19:59 - Aug 10 with 1193 viewspennblue

Saturday: Blue Action / Section 6 what to expect? on 10:35 - Aug 10 by brazil1982

Are the two groups really separate? What's the difference nowadays?

The stand at Elland rod, the way it wraps round the corner is great. Wish we could have the same, as they make a helluva noise at Elland road.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024