Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How young is too young? 17:42 - Aug 13 with 2792 viewsNeedhamChris

The other half is going away for two days over BH weekend and leaving me with our 5 month old. I'm okay with that (quite looking forward to some father and son time), just annoying for the football. We usually have a family member look after him for 2 1/2 hours but also not available.

Is anyone taking their infants this year in the family stand? Is it really rare at that age?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

How young is too young? on 17:46 - Aug 13 with 2698 viewsmrshallisfit

I thought this was a chapter heading in Gary Glitters autobiography.
How young is too young? on 18:54 - Aug 13 with 2377 viewstextbackup

Just take him, if he starts to get restless you can always leave.
Jump in at the deep end and see how it goes

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

How young is too young? on 19:20 - Aug 13 with 2232 viewshoppy

I remember you asking back in April about taking young'uns, so I'll re-post what I'd replied on that one for you... Added to the below, at the 2 home matches so far this season, and at the Luton pre-season game, she likes being tested on the names of all the players by their shirt numbers, and is chuffed when she gets them all, and she said on the way to the ground yesterday that she's really missed being at the football, and is also proud to say how long she's had a season ticket!

I think it probably depends on the child and each is different. Ours was so placid and laid back (probably got that from me!) and not much of a howler or one for crying, as she always seemed such a happy baby - those around us asked after her if she wasn’t there, and said they missed seeing her. Talking of missing… the one downside was that there would obviously be times when we would hear “I need a wee…” (not always KJ!) and one of us would have to take her out… and there was the occasional goal one of us missed seeing because of it. A little bit frustrating, but the trade off was obviously being able to go to the football all together (as KJ and I met through football - or more specifically, TWTD), we didn’t have to decide who was going and who would have to stay at home.
If we were back at that point again, would definitely do the same.
We had to move up to Magnus middle when they brought in the No under 5s in the lower tiers rule, so when she was 5, we moved back to where we had been in SAR lower behind the goal until last summer when we moved across to block GG in the Magnus lower - mainly for Yasmins benefit, as she had other school friends that go, and she can see them at half time etc, and make even more of an enjoyable Matchday experience. She loves our new seats, being close to the action too.
Hope that helps.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How young is too young? on 19:41 - Aug 13 with 2067 viewsNthQldITFC

How young is too young? on 18:54 - Aug 13 by textbackup

Just take him, if he starts to get restless you can always leave.
Jump in at the deep end and see how it goes

Surely you mean '...if he starts to get restless he can always leave.'? It's Portman Road.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How young is too young? on 19:46 - Aug 13 with 2041 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Even though he won't know what's actually happening, he might well enjoy the atmosphere and the crowd, the colour of it all.

Only thing I might suggest is that you get him some ear defenders, esp given the size of our crowd ATM

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

How young is too young? on 20:31 - Aug 13 with 1873 viewsitfc_bucks

How young is too young? on 19:46 - Aug 13 by BlueandTruesince82

Even though he won't know what's actually happening, he might well enjoy the atmosphere and the crowd, the colour of it all.

Only thing I might suggest is that you get him some ear defenders, esp given the size of our crowd ATM

Ear defenders is a great shout. Email lee.smith@itfc.co.uk and ask for a sensory pack. Comes with stress ball, popping board thing and fidget spinner, as well as the ear defenders.

Kept my 6 year old occupied and protected her from the worst of the noise, which she just finds too much.
How young is too young? on 21:51 - Aug 13 with 1639 viewsNeedhamChris

How young is too young? on 19:20 - Aug 13 by hoppy

I remember you asking back in April about taking young'uns, so I'll re-post what I'd replied on that one for you... Added to the below, at the 2 home matches so far this season, and at the Luton pre-season game, she likes being tested on the names of all the players by their shirt numbers, and is chuffed when she gets them all, and she said on the way to the ground yesterday that she's really missed being at the football, and is also proud to say how long she's had a season ticket!

I think it probably depends on the child and each is different. Ours was so placid and laid back (probably got that from me!) and not much of a howler or one for crying, as she always seemed such a happy baby - those around us asked after her if she wasn’t there, and said they missed seeing her. Talking of missing… the one downside was that there would obviously be times when we would hear “I need a wee…” (not always KJ!) and one of us would have to take her out… and there was the occasional goal one of us missed seeing because of it. A little bit frustrating, but the trade off was obviously being able to go to the football all together (as KJ and I met through football - or more specifically, TWTD), we didn’t have to decide who was going and who would have to stay at home.
If we were back at that point again, would definitely do the same.
We had to move up to Magnus middle when they brought in the No under 5s in the lower tiers rule, so when she was 5, we moved back to where we had been in SAR lower behind the goal until last summer when we moved across to block GG in the Magnus lower - mainly for Yasmins benefit, as she had other school friends that go, and she can see them at half time etc, and make even more of an enjoyable Matchday experience. She loves our new seats, being close to the action too.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for this - and apologies completely forgot about that. We decided to keep our usual SBRL tickets in the end as we had a friend offer to look after him for most games - just this one that we couldn't.

Will see how confident I'm feeling - my main worry (maybe silly) was being the only one with a baby and feeling out of place

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

How young is too young? on 21:55 - Aug 13 with 1617 viewsArnieM

You might find the noise levels in the stadium upset ( frightening ) for him. He’s very young for his first match bless him. Head phones to reduce impact of noise perhaps?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

How young is too young? on 01:37 - Aug 14 with 1332 viewshoppy

How young is too young? on 20:31 - Aug 13 by itfc_bucks

Ear defenders is a great shout. Email lee.smith@itfc.co.uk and ask for a sensory pack. Comes with stress ball, popping board thing and fidget spinner, as well as the ear defenders.

Kept my 6 year old occupied and protected her from the worst of the noise, which she just finds too much.

Great shout.. Yasmin has had those as well, and very helpful.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

How young is too young? on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 954 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I personally think it would be incredibly difficult to take a 5 month old baby to a match on your own.

Can he go two and a half to three hours without a feed?

Have you got one of those front slings to carry him in?

There's not much room for a bag of baby stuff, and people pushing past to go to the loo or get ahead of the Half Time beer queue would normally enter the personal space in front of you where a front carried baby would be.

I think you would be better taking your baby on an "international holiday" and getting a match pass for Town TV.

And lend your ticket to a friend who will make some noise!
[Redacted] on 10:03 - Aug 14 with 891 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024