Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, who's going to tell them? 14:51 - Aug 14 with 1905 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/aug/13/we-risk-being-seen-as-the-nasty

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So, who's going to tell them? on 14:59 - Aug 14 with 1828 viewsMattinLondon

My hot hot take.

What the Tories need in order to win the next election is for a supposedly charismatic politician with no sense of shame to turnaround the Tories. To make them pro-EU and to simply say that Brexit was a massive mistake. That person will also mutter in old English and Latin in order to come across as intelligent.

Such a change will force Labour to backtrack or to be the voice of staying out, both will make them look foolish.

If Boris were to do this he’ll probably get away with it. Anyway, that was my musings whilst doing a Sainsburys shop yesterday.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 15:00]
So, who's going to tell them? on 15:03 - Aug 14 with 1789 viewsitfc_bucks

So, who's going to tell them? on 14:59 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

My hot hot take.

What the Tories need in order to win the next election is for a supposedly charismatic politician with no sense of shame to turnaround the Tories. To make them pro-EU and to simply say that Brexit was a massive mistake. That person will also mutter in old English and Latin in order to come across as intelligent.

Such a change will force Labour to backtrack or to be the voice of staying out, both will make them look foolish.

If Boris were to do this he’ll probably get away with it. Anyway, that was my musings whilst doing a Sainsburys shop yesterday.

My gut instinct says I'd vote for that.

I feel a little dirty admitting it.
So, who's going to tell them? on 15:09 - Aug 14 with 1758 viewsHARRY10

So, who's going to tell them? on 14:59 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

My hot hot take.

more chance of convincing a pride of lions to go vegan

while standing in front of them wearing a t-shirt saying

EAT ME

in big letters
So, who's going to tell them? on 15:12 - Aug 14 with 1748 viewsMattinLondon

So, who's going to tell them? on 15:03 - Aug 14 by itfc_bucks

My gut instinct says I'd vote for that.

I feel a little dirty admitting it.

Ok, here goes.
Boris writes a piece in a high brow paper. It concerns itself with the birth of his young son. He looks into his eyes and wants the best for him. He wants the best for every British newborn. He admits them at xenophobia is crippling the UK and that he’s responsible for it. He takes full responsibility for it.

He wants the UK to become more willing to learn other languages and to forget about empire. Obviously he’ll keep some old Tory gambits but I think this could win it for them.
So, who's going to tell them? on 15:14 - Aug 14 with 1736 viewsMattinLondon

So, who's going to tell them? on 15:09 - Aug 14 by HARRY10

more chance of convincing a pride of lions to go vegan

while standing in front of them wearing a t-shirt saying

EAT ME

in big letters

I’m not saying that it’ll happen - it won’t. But if it were to happen then their election chances will increase.
So, who's going to tell them? on 15:35 - Aug 14 with 1665 viewseireblue

It is a bold strategy that some of those MP’s want to take.

We have proven we are incompetent at processing 100k asylum seekers, so we will take away the rights that 70M citizens have to protect themselves against bad governments.

Hmmm…..probably needs to be a bit snappier to fit on a bus.
So, who's going to tell them? on 15:40 - Aug 14 with 1646 viewsPlums

So, who's going to tell them? on 15:12 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

Ok, here goes.
Boris writes a piece in a high brow paper. It concerns itself with the birth of his young son. He looks into his eyes and wants the best for him. He wants the best for every British newborn. He admits them at xenophobia is crippling the UK and that he’s responsible for it. He takes full responsibility for it.

He wants the UK to become more willing to learn other languages and to forget about empire. Obviously he’ll keep some old Tory gambits but I think this could win it for them.

It sounds plausible - except his paymasters at Tufton Street would never allow it.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

So, who's going to tell them? on 16:13 - Aug 14 with 1549 viewsMattinLondon

So, who's going to tell them? on 15:40 - Aug 14 by Plums

It sounds plausible - except his paymasters at Tufton Street would never allow it.

Politics is cynical- I’m sure someone else will back him.
Login to get fewer ads

So, who's going to tell them? on 16:18 - Aug 14 with 1534 viewsBlueBadger

So, who's going to tell them? on 15:40 - Aug 14 by Plums

Never mind them, his chums in Moscow would ensure he had some kind of terrible boating accident.
Or a 'heart attack' whilst out 'jogging'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So, who's going to tell them? on 16:21 - Aug 14 with 1523 viewsBlueBadger

So, who's going to tell them? on 15:14 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

I’m not saying that it’ll happen - it won’t. But if it were to happen then their election chances will increase.

They'd be too busy tearing themselves apart with internal backstabbing. The swivel-eye fringe wouldn't stand for it.

So, who's going to tell them? on 16:30 - Aug 14 with 1495 viewsMattinLondon

So, who's going to tell them? on 16:21 - Aug 14 by BlueBadger

They'd be too busy tearing themselves apart with internal backstabbing. The swivel-eye fringe wouldn't stand for it.

If there’s one thing that the Tory Party are good on it’s that they have a ruthless desire to cling onto power.
So, who's going to tell them? on 16:53 - Aug 14 with 1414 viewsHARRY10

So, who's going to tell them? on 15:14 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

au contraire (as the Welsh would say)

The bloater was hammerdd in three by elections witrh record defeats. And similar;y hammered in the 2022 local elections. At the time he was booted out of No 10 by over 60 of his MPs resigning he was polling the as the most diuslike OM since recirds began. It was only the lunatic Truss and her brexit budget that saw her record even worse figures.

The Tories have lost the next GE. Their polling in the run up to the 1997 GE was not as bad as it is now, and has been for some while. The mood is just "get them out, whatever it takes". Johnson would be akin to us bringing back Hirst. His political career is over.

Yes there are the faithful (deluded) who similarly bemoaned the loss of Stalin, Ceaucescu, Franco and Peron. Some weird thought that although they were far worse off, their neighbours were getting things better. Even though they were included.

Hence the paranoia of the righties. These migrants are getting something that belongs to 'us'. Odd how these cap doffers never consider the Elgin marbles or the Benin bronzes when they whine.
So, who's going to tell them? on 18:09 - Aug 14 with 1279 viewsfactual_blue

So, who's going to tell them? on 15:12 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

Ok, here goes.

There aren't any highbrow papers who would want boris to write for them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So, who's going to tell them? on 18:14 - Aug 14 with 1267 viewsMattinLondon

So, who's going to tell them? on 16:53 - Aug 14 by HARRY10

au contraire (as the Welsh would say)

The bloater was hammerdd in three by elections witrh record defeats. And similar;y hammered in the 2022 local elections. At the time he was booted out of No 10 by over 60 of his MPs resigning he was polling the as the most diuslike OM since recirds began. It was only the lunatic Truss and her brexit budget that saw her record even worse figures.

The Tories have lost the next GE. Their polling in the run up to the 1997 GE was not as bad as it is now, and has been for some while. The mood is just "get them out, whatever it takes". Johnson would be akin to us bringing back Hirst. His political career is over.

Yes there are the faithful (deluded) who similarly bemoaned the loss of Stalin, Ceaucescu, Franco and Peron. Some weird thought that although they were far worse off, their neighbours were getting things better. Even though they were included.

Hence the paranoia of the righties. These migrants are getting something that belongs to 'us'. Odd how these cap doffers never consider the Elgin marbles or the Benin bronzes when they whine.

They might well have lost but that’s why they need to do something radical like what I suggested. And as much as I dislike Johnson it needs someone like him to own the Brexit mess to give credence to the fact that it has been a disaster.
So, who's going to tell them? on 18:15 - Aug 14 with 1264 viewsMattinLondon

So, who's going to tell them? on 18:09 - Aug 14 by factual_blue

There aren't any highbrow papers who would want boris to write for them.

Ok, one that is highbrow to some leavers - The Mail or The Telegraph.
So, who's going to tell them? on 18:15 - Aug 14 with 1259 viewsfactual_blue

So, who's going to tell them? on 18:15 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

Ok, one that is highbrow to some leavers - The Mail or The Telegraph.

They're not even newspapers these days.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So, who's going to tell them? on 18:17 - Aug 14 with 1255 viewspointofblue

So, who's going to tell them? on 18:14 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

They might well have lost but that’s why they need to do something radical like what I suggested. And as much as I dislike Johnson it needs someone like him to own the Brexit mess to give credence to the fact that it has been a disaster.

But he'll never do it, as he only cares about himself. His support for Brexit was for personal gain rather than thinking the country would be better off out of the EU.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So, who's going to tell them? on 18:23 - Aug 14 with 1239 viewsMattinLondon

So, who's going to tell them? on 18:17 - Aug 14 by pointofblue

But he'll never do it, as he only cares about himself. His support for Brexit was for personal gain rather than thinking the country would be better off out of the EU.

I’m not doubting that. But to me st least, that’s the only way to get back into Number Ten as PM.
So, who's going to tell them? on 18:46 - Aug 14 with 1169 viewsHARRY10

So, who's going to tell them? on 18:14 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

I'm not sure why you think the recent by-elections and polls can be ignored. Or that he was the most unpopular OPM since they started counting.

As to Brexit, Johnson will not take responsibility for that. He has never taken responsibility for anything in his public or private life. Instead, leaving a string of costly failures, and marriages/relationships behind him.

I suspect moves are already afoot to rid the Tory Party of it's Farage/BNP elements, that have wrought so much damage to the party, never mind the country. There might be a case for thinking they could mitigate the loss at the next GE, but they seem unable to do anything but stumble from one cck up to another - serial incompetents.

It should be noted how many from the middle-ish ground in the Tory Party are keeping their heads down, bar the odd snipe on how utterly useless this lot are. They will wait until after the next GE before making a move.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024