Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third kit? 14:26 - Aug 14 with 1495 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I noticed last years third kit was released on 23rd August so might be one out fairly soon if we’re going to have one. Anyone heard any whispers?

I’m not sure we actually ‘need’ one this year given the colours of other teams in the league.

If we did, I’d like to see us go for a White Out version, not too dissimilar to the new West Ham away kit which is made by Umbro.

https://www.umbro.co.uk/item/10974/WestHamUnited/West-Ham-Utd-2324-Away-Jersey-K
Third kit? on 14:28 - Aug 14 with 1470 viewsZx1988

I assume there will be one if only as a money-spinner. I can't recall that there would have been any need for a third kit last season, either, unless we ended up drawing someone like Crystal Palace in one of the cups.

I imagine it would either be following another trend, or just be suitably whacky and out-there, in order to try and drum up as many sales as possible.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Third kit? on 14:33 - Aug 14 with 1421 viewsKropotkin123

People who were saying orange second kit, were saying white third kit. I have no idea myself.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Third kit? on 14:33 - Aug 14 with 1421 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

According to wiki it's the Red/Black one from last season. Although the home and away kits look awful on there compared to it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipswich_Town_F.C.

It was used by the youth sides recently as well:

U21s Beat Bury to Retain Martin Swallow Memorial Trophy 8th Jul 2023 23:20
Town's U21 side started their pre-season programme by winning the Martin Swallow Memorial Trophy after defeating Bury Town 3-0 at the OCS Ram Meadow Stadium on Saturday afternoon, first-half goals from Nico Valentine, Tete Yengi, and Rio Morgan securing the win. 3

Last seasons renders, bar the third looked great though: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%80%9323_Ipswich_Town_F.C._season
Third kit? on 14:33 - Aug 14 with 1413 viewsMattinLondon

Why do we need one?

How many times did we wear the black one?
Third kit? on 14:37 - Aug 14 with 1374 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Third kit? on 14:33 - Aug 14 by MattinLondon

Why do we need one?

We don't in the EFL, only if circumstances are required, however third kits are now mandatory in the Premier League I believe.
Third kit? on 14:37 - Aug 14 with 1368 viewsZx1988

Why do we need one?

Money.

FFP is more important than ever in the Championship. If we can get a third kit this season that sells anywhere near as well as last season's black effort, it will be a significant boost to the coffers.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Third kit? on 14:39 - Aug 14 with 1342 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Third kit? on 14:37 - Aug 14 by Zx1988

Money.

FFP is more important than ever in the Championship. If we can get a third kit this season that sells anywhere near as well as last season's black effort, it will be a significant boost to the coffers.

Just have Ed Sheeran playing live in his Town shirt fades into the print and it will sell to the masses beyond football.
Third kit? on 15:42 - Aug 14 with 1112 viewsKropotkin123

Third kit? on 14:37 - Aug 14 by Zx1988

Money.

The collaboration with Ed Sheeran was a good idea. Given the growing interest from Indonesia, maybe a red one with respectful Indonesian details in collaboration with Baggott.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

Third kit? on 15:44 - Aug 14 with 1085 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think "3rd kits" are now more of a fashion type thing for the younger generation rather than a football shirt to wear outside of the football environment

I wouldn't be adverse to us brining one out if it meant more in the coffers

Poll: If it were one or the other

Third kit? on 12:16 - Aug 15 with 707 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Third kit? on 15:42 - Aug 14 by Kropotkin123

The collaboration with Ed Sheeran was a good idea. Given the growing interest from Indonesia, maybe a red one with respectful Indonesian details in collaboration with Baggott.

They are mostly fuming that he's not starting though!
Third kit? on 12:31 - Aug 15 with 673 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Why do we need one?

Does anyone know how much the club get for each kit sold? I seem to remember with Adidas it was only about 5%, presumably the deal with Umbro gives the club a bigger %?

Poll: would you rather

Third kit? on 12:33 - Aug 15 with 669 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why do we need one?

It was for revenue rather than matches.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Third kit? on 12:42 - Aug 15 with 631 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Why do we need one?

We sold nearly 17k of the third kit i believe. That's why we need one.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024