Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not seen it mentioned but thought 07:51 - Jan 23 with 727 viewsCheltenham_Blue

we were, to a man, outstanding defensively last night. The entire back line plus Hladky were throwing themselves into shots and crosses all game, often in ways that could result in injury.

Luongo and Travis the same, albeit that Travis had a rocky first 20 minutes, he grew into in and that tackle on Dewsbury-Hall, where he got booked, despite getting the ball cleanly was outstanding.
[Post edited 23 Jan 9:14]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:04 - Jan 23 with 681 viewsBlueForYou

We were all over the place defensively in the first half & very lucky to be just one goal down. Defending way too deep, on our own six yard line at times. Made life very easy for Leicester. Miles better in the second half, we got up the pitch & pressed Leicester back. Our goals conceded is starting to mount up, compared to those clubs around us & the goal difference column is going to be very important in a tight race. But it's another game we did not lose. Seat of the pants stuff at times but we're still in second place.
Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:07 - Jan 23 with 660 viewsHerbivore

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:04 - Jan 23 by BlueForYou

We were all over the place defensively in the first half & very lucky to be just one goal down. Defending way too deep, on our own six yard line at times. Made life very easy for Leicester. Miles better in the second half, we got up the pitch & pressed Leicester back. Our goals conceded is starting to mount up, compared to those clubs around us & the goal difference column is going to be very important in a tight race. But it's another game we did not lose. Seat of the pants stuff at times but we're still in second place.

Glass half empty kinds guy, eh?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:20 - Jan 23 with 607 viewswaveneyblue

We've conceded 3 goals in 5 league games since Leeds.

Hardly mounting up.
Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:22 - Jan 23 with 592 viewsHerbivore

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:20 - Jan 23 by waveneyblue

Hardly mounting up.

Indeed. And had we genuinely been "all over the place defensively" in that first half we'd have been 3 or 4 behind rather than a single goal down from a sloppy but somewhat unfortunate own goal.

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:25 - Jan 23 with 568 viewsDubtractor

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:20 - Jan 23 by waveneyblue

Hardly mounting up.

Exactly.

Our defensive record since Leeds has been very good.

And I thought we contained them well in the first half too. People complained that we were too hung ho away to Leeds, and we clearly got punished for it, so it was understandable that we played it more cautiously last night.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:26 - Jan 23 with 560 viewscordonblue

Every team has to absorb pressure and tough it out at times, did you watch Man City away at Villa Park recently, they were forced to do that for 90 mins!

Great last ditch stuff last night but also sound defending restricting them to few clear cut chances. Gave us the opportunity to get after them once they tired in the 2nd half.
Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:29 - Jan 23 with 529 viewsFrimleyBlue

Disagree I felt first half whilst we were terrible with the ball off the ball we were very well organised. Yes leicester got through occasionally but of course they would you're never going to stop it. But imo apart from a couple of plays the likes of DH, Winks etc were well handled. Their fella on the left flank again a couple of moments but clarke and burns did a decent job on him.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:33 - Jan 23 with 507 viewsChurchman

I’ve yet to see the second half. I’ll enjoy that this morning. But I disagree about our defence in the first half. I thought they did alright.

The main problem, as I saw it, was the midfield losing the ball further up the pitch. We just couldn’t hang on to it. Leicester were pressing hard and we had no real out. Defending isn’t just about the lads in the back line.

As for goal difference, we are not as prolific as at the start of the season unlike Southampton, Leicester and Leeds and that’s the primary reason. But looking at the rest of the table goals scored isn’t too shabby.

Defensively, there are I think eight teams that have conceded less, but given the way we play and the strength of the division against L1 we are doing well.
Login to get fewer ads

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:37 - Jan 23 with 483 viewsHerbivore

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:33 - Jan 23 by Churchman

I’ve yet to see the second half. I’ll enjoy that this morning. But I disagree about our defence in the first half. I thought they did alright.

The main problem, as I saw it, was the midfield losing the ball further up the pitch. We just couldn’t hang on to it. Leicester were pressing hard and we had no real out. Defending isn’t just about the lads in the back line.

As for goal difference, we are not as prolific as at the start of the season unlike Southampton, Leicester and Leeds and that’s the primary reason. But looking at the rest of the table goals scored isn’t too shabby.

Defensively, there are I think eight teams that have conceded less, but given the way we play and the strength of the division against L1 we are doing well.

Also worth mentioning the goal difference has only dipped behind others over the last month and a half. Since the start of December we've played 10 league games and 8 of them have been against sides currently in the top 10, that includes 3 games with Leeds and Leicester. If you compare that with Saints' fixtures, for example, it's not really a surprise we've found it hard to maintain our goal difference, especially having lost our main striker to injury.

Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:40 - Jan 23 with 467 viewsReusersTown

That is carp re the first half.
Not seen it mentioned but thought on 08:50 - Jan 23 with 431 viewsKieran_Knows

Absolutely, how bloody good were Woolfenden and Edmundson by the way? Difficult for Burgess to get back in at this rate!
[Post edited 23 Jan 8:52]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024