Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend 22:57 - Sep 11 with 5965 viewsguildford_blue

Utter sh1t again. My renewal was in doubt and once again the trains make it pointless. Surely this information should be supplied by the club. Our Southen support is pretty significant.
Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 00:37 - Sep 12 with 5894 viewsFreddies_Ears

Rail disruption has cost ITFC a huge amount. Two years ago, most midweek games had no direct trains back to London. Last season it was weekend disruption.

I remember Charlton bringing 200 one Tuesday when 1000 would have been the norm.

I am not at all surprised that our support from London and beyond has dropped so much.
Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 06:57 - Sep 12 with 5799 viewsTractorWood

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 00:37 - Sep 12 by Freddies_Ears

Rail disruption has cost ITFC a huge amount. Two years ago, most midweek games had no direct trains back to London. Last season it was weekend disruption.

I remember Charlton bringing 200 one Tuesday when 1000 would have been the norm.

I am not at all surprised that our support from London and beyond has dropped so much.

There is usually no train back to Cambridge after a Tuesday game. Our trains are a joke.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 06:58 - Sep 12 with 5794 viewsMaySixth

What will the trains be like between Ipswich and London after the Sunderland game on Tuesday 26th?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 07:43 - Sep 12 with 5759 viewsSteve_M

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 06:58 - Sep 12 by MaySixth

What will the trains be like between Ipswich and London after the Sunderland game on Tuesday 26th?

Last time I checked, they looked ok.

Christmas is even worse than normal though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 08:35 - Sep 12 with 5710 viewsartsbossbeard

"Surely this information should be supplied by the club"

Why? You've managed to find out the info without the clubs involvement. A quick google too, I'd imagine.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 08:37 - Sep 12 with 5701 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Gets on my bloody tits it does

Waste of space of a company. Every single year this happens

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 08:41 - Sep 12 with 5687 viewsITFC_Forever

Not sure how it's the club's fault.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 09:24 - Sep 12 with 5632 viewsguildford_blue

True, not the clubs fault but so frustrating. I made about five home games last year due to train issues. It is actually not worth renewing if you travel from London.
Login to get fewer ads

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 10:19 - Sep 12 with 5591 viewsDolly2.0

They're annoying, but I'm not sure how the trains make your renewal pointless. I travel from London... I just head up a bit earlier on a Saturday.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 10:32 - Sep 12 with 5575 viewsITFC_Forever

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 09:24 - Sep 12 by guildford_blue

True, not the clubs fault but so frustrating. I made about five home games last year due to train issues. It is actually not worth renewing if you travel from London.

Immensely frustrating when there's no midweek train, but for Saturdays, just leave London earlier.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 12:47 - Sep 12 with 5480 viewsSuperfrans

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 10:19 - Sep 12 by Dolly2.0

They're annoying, but I'm not sure how the trains make your renewal pointless. I travel from London... I just head up a bit earlier on a Saturday.

I make it, but it's a pain even living in east London, let alone if you live north or south. I assume for someone from Guildford, it makes it almost impossible.

The issue is that it discourages the wavering fans, even someone from Chelmsford might think twice when there's a bus service to Witham.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 12:56 - Sep 12 with 5449 viewsDolly2.0

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 12:47 - Sep 12 by Superfrans

I make it, but it's a pain even living in east London, let alone if you live north or south. I assume for someone from Guildford, it makes it almost impossible.

The issue is that it discourages the wavering fans, even someone from Chelmsford might think twice when there's a bus service to Witham.

Guildford, yes I agree, but that's not really London is it?

I travel from Brixton... and have travelled from Sutton. It's a pain but not impossible.

I'm certainly not sticking up for the train companies here BTW! About time they finished these bloody engineering works.

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 13:20 - Sep 12 with 5395 views26_Paz

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 08:35 - Sep 12 by artsbossbeard

"Surely this information should be supplied by the club"

Why? You've managed to find out the info without the clubs involvement. A quick google too, I'd imagine.

As much as I hate the behind the scenes management at ITFC (Milne etc) we really can't blame them for this. Its all due to the equally as incompetent 'Greater Anglia'

The Paz Man

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 13:27 - Sep 12 with 5387 viewsEsteemed_Canon

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 13:20 - Sep 12 by 26_Paz

As much as I hate the behind the scenes management at ITFC (Milne etc) we really can't blame them for this. Its all due to the equally as incompetent 'Greater Anglia'

Greater Anglia more like Cubit Anglia
[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 13:28]
Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 14:02 - Sep 12 with 5361 viewsguildford_blue

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 12:47 - Sep 12 by Superfrans

That's my point. Travelling in from Guildford can be annoying enough on a Saturday. A seamless journey with a southern born 8 year Town fanatic is fine - with other obstacles in the way namely buses, going via Cambridge it is just not really viable for him to attend, which is part of the fun of going.
Won't be an issue anyway..... on 14:03 - Sep 12 with 5358 viewsBloots

....they've just voted to go on strike.

Rock n roll.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 14:03 - Sep 12 with 5354 viewsguildford_blue

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 10:32 - Sep 12 by ITFC_Forever

Immensely frustrating when there's no midweek train, but for Saturdays, just leave London earlier.

Not really option with two young children one of who comes along as regularly as trains allow.
Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 14:14 - Sep 12 with 5335 viewsSuperfrans

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 12:56 - Sep 12 by Dolly2.0

Guildford, yes I agree, but that's not really London is it?

I travel from Brixton... and have travelled from Sutton. It's a pain but not impossible.

I'm certainly not sticking up for the train companies here BTW! About time they finished these bloody engineering works.

No, it's not really London. But the OP was from GuildfordBlue (I think), hence mentioning Guildford.

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 14:18 - Sep 12 with 5324 viewsSuperfrans

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 14:03 - Sep 12 by guildford_blue

Not really option with two young children one of who comes along as regularly as trains allow.

Also, it makes it as bad as an away game... every single game....

I live the right side of London and, to get to my chosen pub by 1pm, I have to leave home around 10.30/11am as it is - once you've accounted for journey to Stratford, walk to the pub the other end.

These bus replacement services usually add on 30-45 minutes. If I was coming from South London, that's another 30 minutes, maybe more.

I can't see how these constant disruptions aren't affecting club attendances in the long-term.

Won't be an issue anyway..... on 14:38 - Sep 12 with 5308 viewsSteve_M

Won't be an issue anyway..... on 14:03 - Sep 12 by Bloots

....they've just voted to go on strike.

Rock n roll.

How ill anyone tell the difference etc etc?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 15:04 - Sep 12 with 5278 viewsDolly2.0

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 14:14 - Sep 12 by Superfrans

No, it's not really London. But the OP was from GuildfordBlue (I think), hence mentioning Guildford.

Yeah, must admit I hadn't twigged where he's from. That's a bit of a trek at the best of times I imagine!

on 15:10 - Sep 12 with 5266 views_

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 06:57 - Sep 12 by TractorWood

There is usually no train back to Cambridge after a Tuesday game. Our trains are a joke.

Trains from Liverpool St after this weekend on 20:24 - Sep 12 with 5135 viewsTractorWood

on 15:10 - Sep 12 by _

Last one is 9:17 tonight and when we play Sunderland. That's not being quick that's leaving 20 minutes into the second half!

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024