Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting from Harry's Burton research 14:08 - Oct 27 with 5132 viewsSpruceMoose

“If he keeps us up this season he will have performed another miracle”, “Clough out? God help us if that ever happened. Who else would accept the poisoned chalice of operating on a budget that is a mere fraction of the average for this league. He is performing miracles and we owe him so much.”

Seems like a likely successor for Mick.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:10 - Oct 27 with 5108 viewsJ2BLUE

He's probably wouldn't believe his eyes here when there were TWO fivers in the transfer kitty.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:11 - Oct 27 with 5103 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:10 - Oct 27 by J2BLUE

He's probably wouldn't believe his eyes here when there were TWO fivers in the transfer kitty.

Don't want to go crazy and blow them both at the same time though. Save one in case we have an injury crisis around Christmas time.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:13 - Oct 27 with 5099 viewshype313

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:11 - Oct 27 by SpruceMoose

Don't want to go crazy and blow them both at the same time though. Save one in case we have an injury crisis around Christmas time.

Don't do that, don't want to blow the Xmas bonus.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:13 - Oct 27 with 5105 viewssolemio

I had a lot of time for Nigel Clough when he was a player, and he has done some good things as a manager.

I think his biggest problem is being the son of a charismatic and successful father.
Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:19 - Oct 27 with 5074 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:13 - Oct 27 by solemio

I had a lot of time for Nigel Clough when he was a player, and he has done some good things as a manager.

I think his biggest problem is being the son of a charismatic and successful father.

Indeed. He must look at the likes of Giggs expecting to walk into a top job and want to throttle him.

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:25 - Oct 27 with 5058 viewsClausThomsen

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:19 - Oct 27 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. He must look at the likes of Giggs expecting to walk into a top job and want to throttle him.

Giggs can expect as much as he wants - he'll never get a job as a manager.
Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:26 - Oct 27 with 5057 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:25 - Oct 27 by ClausThomsen

Giggs can expect as much as he wants - he'll never get a job as a manager.

Nah you're wrong.

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:27 - Oct 27 with 5054 viewsClausThomsen

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:26 - Oct 27 by SpruceMoose

Nah you're wrong.

I'm right so far.

If he gets a job as manager then you're right.

But he won't.

You were touting him for the ITFC job the other day! lol
Login to get fewer ads

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:28 - Oct 27 with 5058 viewshype313

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:13 - Oct 27 by solemio

I remember we played them (Forest) last game of the season in 94/95ish and the usual pitch invasion ensued, and poor old Nige got a bit of a kicking.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2017 14:32]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:29 - Oct 27 with 5048 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:27 - Oct 27 by ClausThomsen

I'm right so far.

But he won't.

How can you be right so far? Your statement is 'he will never get a job as a manger'. Either he will or he wont. There is no 'right so far'.

Of course Giggs will get a managers job at some point.

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:31 - Oct 27 with 5044 viewsClausThomsen

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:29 - Oct 27 by SpruceMoose

How can you be right so far? Your statement is 'he will never get a job as a manger'. Either he will or he wont. There is no 'right so far'.

Well he hasn't got a job yet and he's been trying for a couple of years...

You'd have thought he would have got a job by now no?

Very strange imo
Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:33 - Oct 27 with 5034 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:31 - Oct 27 by ClausThomsen

Well he hasn't got a job yet and he's been trying for a couple of years...

You'd have thought he would have got a job by now no?

Very strange imo

Why is it strange? New to management, little experience. Its not surprise clubs aren't falling over themselves to get him in. Someone will though. Eventually. Probably within the next couple of years.

I'll accept your apology at that point, don't worry.

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:37 - Oct 27 with 5024 viewsClausThomsen

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:33 - Oct 27 by SpruceMoose

Why is it strange? New to management, little experience. Its not surprise clubs aren't falling over themselves to get him in. Someone will though. Eventually. Probably within the next couple of years.

I'll accept your apology at that point, don't worry.

Can I accept yours on the 1st of January 2025 when he *still* hasn't got past the interview phase?
Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:39 - Oct 27 with 5010 viewsSpruceMoose

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:37 - Oct 27 by ClausThomsen

Can I accept yours on the 1st of January 2025 when he *still* hasn't got past the interview phase?

Sure. Set yourself a reminder.

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:42 - Oct 27 with 5002 viewsClausThomsen

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:39 - Oct 27 by SpruceMoose

Sure. Set yourself a reminder.

Thanks.
Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 15:38 - Oct 27 with 4931 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:29 - Oct 27 by SpruceMoose

He will.

But I wonder if people are put off by the fact that he cant even manage his own life.

Doesn't have any integrity or loyalty and cant be trusted.

.....all of the above is OK if you have a good track record as a manager, unfortunately he doesnt have that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 15:41 - Oct 27 with 4923 viewsClausThomsen

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 15:38 - Oct 27 by Marshalls_Mullet

He will.

But I wonder if people are put off by the fact that he cant even manage his own life.

Doesn't have any integrity or loyalty and cant be trusted.

.....all of the above is OK if you have a good track record as a manager, unfortunately he doesnt have that.

To be fair, ME could appoint him.
Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 17:23 - Oct 27 with 4845 viewsyorkshireblue

I remember a radio interview on TalkSport with Dwight Yorke whilst Villa were looking for a manager.

He was unhappy he was he wasn't offered an interview - even though he text someone at the club and asked for an interview. He also declared that as a former 'top player' he deserved a job in the top flight and if he was unsuccessful work down, rather than work his way up. His reasoning being, if he was unsuccessful in the lower leagues, he wouldn't be offered a job in the Premier League...
Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 17:27 - Oct 27 with 4840 viewsITFC_Forever

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:28 - Oct 27 by hype313

I remember we played them (Forest) last game of the season in 94/95ish and the usual pitch invasion ensued, and poor old Nige got a bit of a kicking.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2017 14:32]

It was 1992-93.... Brian's last game as a manager and Forest went down.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 17:30 - Oct 27 with 4831 viewsJ2BLUE

Giggs has complete financial freedom where as Clough probably doesn't. Giggs can afford to wait for a top job and probably won't ever manage if he isn't handed one. It's the freedom having plenty of £££ gets you.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 17:40 - Oct 27 with 4820 viewsHerbivore

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 14:27 - Oct 27 by ClausThomsen

I'm right so far.

But he won't.

Hasn't he already had a spell as caretaker manager at United?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 18:16 - Oct 27 with 4779 viewsTheBlueBarca

Nigel Clough should absolutely be our next manager. Good age, knows football and would fir Ipswich like a glove.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 19:48 - Oct 27 with 4685 viewsjas0999

Would be an excellent successor to MM.

Budget not massively more than Burton, but slightly higher.
Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 20:25 - Oct 27 with 4640 viewsPhilTWTD

Interesting from Harry's Burton research on 19:48 - Oct 27 by jas0999

Would be an excellent successor to MM.

Budget not massively more than Burton, but slightly higher.

Think you overestimate Burton's budget, their turnover last year was probably less than a quarter of ours, wage bill will have been along those lines as well. In turn ours is probably a quarter of some of the more monied clubs in the division. Bit of a disparate division these days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024