Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers 08:15 - Nov 1 with 6861 viewsWestover

With the way our two right backs are playing I can see Mick playing Chambers at right back with Webster Smith in the middle soon if one or another does not improve as to Connolly I thought he also looked very poor when he came on last night maybe he is just not up to Championship football yet.
Chambers on 08:19 - Nov 1 with 6392 viewsBluebell

I would say Spence is far better than Iorfa although I wasn't at the game yesterday evening. I think Emmanuel is better than Iorfa but Mick obviously doesn't.

I agree that Webster, Smith and Chambers all need to be in the team. Perhaps those three plus Knudsen and Spence on the wings?
Chambers on 08:27 - Nov 1 with 6369 viewsYallop

Chambers on 08:19 - Nov 1 by Bluebell

I would say Spence is far better than Iorfa although I wasn't at the game yesterday evening. I think Emmanuel is better than Iorfa but Mick obviously doesn't.

I agree that Webster, Smith and Chambers all need to be in the team. Perhaps those three plus Knudsen and Spence on the wings?

Iorfa all day for me. Spence too half hearted in a challenge
Chambers on 08:44 - Nov 1 with 6339 viewsGuthrum

Cahmbers might well be an improvement in that position. Maybe not going forwards, but certainly in defence. Both Iorfa and Spence have significantly gone off the boil.

Not entirely fair on Connolly, as he was playing sort of left winger (!) when he came on.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chambers on 08:49 - Nov 1 with 6326 viewsBluebell

I will probably get slated for this but I think we miss Berra.
Chambers on 08:56 - Nov 1 with 6318 viewsYallop

Chambers on 08:49 - Nov 1 by Bluebell

Certainly Berra in his prime from the play off season. His positional play was superb.
Chambers on 08:57 - Nov 1 with 6313 viewsGuthrum

I don't tend to think so, as he was equally guilty of giving the ball away/poor distribution, without being (in his last couple of seasons) that much more effective in defence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chambers on 09:06 - Nov 1 with 6279 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Iorfa looks very raw and Spence is not good enough - see his performance against Norwich where he was torn a new one.

We haven't had a solid right-back since David Wright*. How MM has still not addressed this position properly is laughable.

* Jonathan Parr might have been a solution as he was no doubt a good player and had won a couple of POTYs previously at Palace, but I can't remember him getting a proper run on either side of the defence.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Chambers on 09:06 - Nov 1 with 6275 viewschristiand

Not at all Bluebell, we probably really didn't appreciate what Berra did until he was gone. We certainly missing him at set pieces, brave as a lion.

From your original post perhaps Chambers is the best option after all at right back?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Login to get fewer ads

on 09:09 - Nov 1 with 6271 views_

Chambers on 09:14 - Nov 1 with 6257 viewschicoazul

No right backs for years and now right backs as far as the eye can see. Right backs are the new left wingers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Chambers on 09:47 - Nov 1 with 6207 viewsYallop

on 09:09 - Nov 1 by _

We must watch different Spences. He's playing a division or two above his level.
Chambers on 10:01 - Nov 1 with 6180 viewsElderGrizzly

We have a RB on loan from Everton twiddling his thumbs most weeks...
Chambers on 10:10 - Nov 1 with 6159 viewsTractorJack

Very disappointing that we've ended up with two right backs who are of very similar quality. Neither are good enough on a consistent basis.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 10:10]
Chambers on 10:26 - Nov 1 with 6129 viewsHarry_Palmer

Chambers is way too slow to be playing full back now.

Ultimately though none of our right back options are good enough, as Bloots would say they are all crap!

I'd stick with Iorfa over Spence ( just ) as I think he is marginally better defensively and right now we need to focus on keeping them out.
Chambers on 10:32 - Nov 1 with 6114 viewsPJH

Chambers on 09:06 - Nov 1 by christiand

Not at all Bluebell, we probably really didn't appreciate what Berra did until he was gone. We certainly missing him at set pieces, brave as a lion.

From your original post perhaps Chambers is the best option after all at right back?

Make that some did not appreciate Berra until he was gone.
Whilst he was never going to be missed for his ability on the ball he was always going to be missed for his heading ability and strength, for his defending in fact.

After last night I would say that Iorfa certainly is not our best right back, Spence probably is and Chambers possibly is.
Chambers on 10:41 - Nov 1 with 6095 viewsimsureazzure

It is crazy that MM has signed fullbacks on loan yet our right back who was deemed not good enough last season is probably still our best option.
Chambers on 10:58 - Nov 1 with 6058 viewsWickets

Chambers on 08:19 - Nov 1 by Bluebell

So you think Mick has wasted a loan fee on Iorfa, out of our small budget, as he would have been better off keeping Emmanuel. I think i agree.
Chambers on 11:02 - Nov 1 with 6049 viewsWickets

For me anyone who thought we would not miss Berra, including Mick, is in my humble opinion in cloud cookkoo land!
Chambers on 11:06 - Nov 1 with 6034 viewsWickets

Chambers on 10:41 - Nov 1 by imsureazzure

It is crazy that MM has signed fullbacks on loan yet our right back who was deemed not good enough last season is probably still our best option.

Yer, is that 2 loan fees out of our tiny budget wasted then?
Chambers on 15:34 - Nov 1 with 5866 viewsArnieM

Barring Webster, the rest of our supposed “defenders” leave a lot to be desired. None of them are good enough.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2017 15:35]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Chambers on 15:46 - Nov 1 with 5846 viewsLuk38644

Makes you wonder why we've brought in two loan right-backs who aren't actually that good yet we've sent our own young RB out on loan?
Chambers on 15:51 - Nov 1 with 5830 viewsCrock

Chambers on 15:34 - Nov 1 by ArnieM

Barring Webster, the rest of our supposed “defenders” leave a lot to be desired. None of them are good enough.

Including Webster

Poll: Favourite number?

Chambers on 17:33 - Nov 1 with 5771 viewsWickets

Chambers on 15:46 - Nov 1 by Luk38644

Makes you wonder why we've brought in two loan right-backs who aren't actually that good yet we've sent our own young RB out on loan?

My point as above.
Chambers on 17:35 - Nov 1 with 5768 viewsPJH

Chambers on 15:51 - Nov 1 by Crock

Including Webster

The Webster of last season before getting injured was very good.
He is as yet nowhere near back to that but hopefully will be soon.
Chambers on 19:16 - Nov 1 with 5714 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Chambers on 15:34 - Nov 1 by ArnieM

Totally agree with this.

It’s disappointing that we don’t seem to have replaced Berra and we still haven’t sorted the right back weakness. Smith’s not played well for a while, although I know he’s been out a lot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024