Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TV meh-ness & TV gold 08:53 - Nov 7 with 10799 viewsartsbossbeard

The Walking Dead:

After giving up 100+hrs of my life to the show, I'm now on the cusp of binning it off. The gunfight scenes in the first episodes of this series are like something out of Police Squad.

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Just gets better & better. Some serious laugh out louds moments so far. Prett-ay good. Prett-ay good.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 08:59 - Nov 7 with 7930 viewsGunnsAirkick

Yeah agree on both, The Walking Dead has become somewhat stale with only Negan making it worth watching at the moment.

Larry David is a genius; Curb gets better and better and I don't know how he pulls it off.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 9:00]
on 08:59 - Nov 7 with 7929 views_

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:04 - Nov 7 with 7916 viewsDubtractor

Other tv gold

The new season of stranger things.
That Vietnam doc on the I player.
The new star trek on Netflix.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:08 - Nov 7 with 7900 viewsartsbossbeard

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:04 - Nov 7 by Dubtractor

Other tv gold

Stranger Things 2 is ace, agreed.

Star Trek is interesting as I watched the first couple and thought they weren't all that good but I'm told that they've greatly improved?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:09 - Nov 7 with 7890 viewsSteve_M

Other tv gold

Blue Planet 2.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:10 - Nov 7 with 7884 viewsKieran_Knows

Have to agree on The Walking Dead, getting rather bored of it now. How much longer can the whole thing go on for?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:20 - Nov 7 with 7849 viewsblue_oyster

TV series seem to be less satisfying than films used to be, as they tend to be overlong and get themselves into plot holes that they can't get themselves out of. Only the very best seem to avoid this, like The Wire, by changing the theme in a different series. But well-made productions like House of Cards seem to suffer from having to outdo itself constantly, and end up becoming ridiculous .

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:21 - Nov 7 with 7853 viewsBlueBadger

on 08:59 - Nov 7 by _

I conceded defeat with TWD about halfway through series three. The relentless brutality just got too, too samey. Unlike the comic there's no 'time off' from it at all. The comic tends to run a 'quiet' story arc or two before hitting you hard with something nasty which actually makes the 'nasty' hit harder. Both the Governor and Negan arcs hit after Rick and co had had some periods of significant comfort and safety, which made the ripping away of it even more impactful.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 9:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:26 - Nov 7 with 7833 viewsBlueBadger

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:10 - Nov 7 by Kieran_Knows

Have to agree on The Walking Dead, getting rather bored of it now. How much longer can the whole thing go on for?!

Theoretically, forever that's how long the writer of the comic Robert Kirkman has said he'll write it for. In practice, it'll go on as long as figures hold up.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:28 - Nov 7 with 7827 viewsGunnsAirkick

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:21 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

I conceded defeat with TWD about halfway through series three. The relentless brutality just got too, too samey. Unlike the comic there's no 'time off' from it at all. The comic tends to run a 'quiet' story arc or two before hitting you hard with something nasty which actually makes the 'nasty' hit harder. Both the Governor and Negan arcs hit after Rick and co had had some periods of significant comfort and safety, which made the ripping away of it even more impactful.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 9:24]

Completely agree, the pacing is so much better in the comics. The is also some infuriating filler in the TV show, Daryl being the only good addition to the comics.
TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:29 - Nov 7 with 7823 viewsBlueBadger

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:28 - Nov 7 by GunnsAirkick

Completely agree, the pacing is so much better in the comics. The is also some infuriating filler in the TV show, Daryl being the only good addition to the comics.

That said, series Two was probably the closest in spirit to the comics and that was a terrible grind.

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:31 - Nov 7 with 7818 viewsKieran_Knows

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:26 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

Theoretically, forever that's how long the writer of the comic Robert Kirkman has said he'll write it for. In practice, it'll go on as long as figures hold up.

Jeez! Not really sure I can carry on watching much longer, as others have said, it's all becoming a bit of the same now. Hopefully it'll pick up again as I really did enjoy the first 3/4 seasons.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:31 - Nov 7 with 7816 viewschicoazul

Curb is just a rich old white man abusing various service workers.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:32 - Nov 7 with 7810 viewschicoazul

Other tv gold

Oh dont get me started on the new Star Trek. I'll bore the tits right off you.

EDIT: the Vietnam programme is amazing. Essential viewing. Im halfway through, dont tell me how it ends!!1!!1
[Post edited 7 Nov 2017 9:35]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:33 - Nov 7 with 7808 viewsBlueBadger

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:09 - Nov 7 by Steve_M

Blue Planet 2.

'Electric Dreams' was an interesting watch, I wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend it as, like a lot of anthology series, it's very uneven in tone but when it gets it right, it's truly amazing.

Anyone who isn't utterly destroyed by the Timothy Spall episode isn't human.

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:46 - Nov 7 with 7775 viewsRoyKeanesDog

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:08 - Nov 7 by artsbossbeard

Stranger Things 2 is ace, agreed.

Star Trek is interesting as I watched the first couple and thought they weren't all that good but I'm told that they've greatly improved?

When Stranger Things came back I did a recap of the first season, and half-heartedly started Stranger Things 2. It really was a crescendo of improvement throughout. The last episode was fantastic.

Poll: Best Football Song

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:56 - Nov 7 with 7746 viewsGodzilla

I have stuck with it, but have always found it overrated, the zombies have become comic relief from the poor storylines.

Italian series 'Suburra: Blood on Rome' on Netflix shows real promise. Queen of the South is also worth a watch.
TV meh-ness & TV gold on 10:34 - Nov 7 with 7688 viewsDubtractor

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:33 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

'Electric Dreams' was an interesting watch, I wouldn't wholeheartedly recommend it as, like a lot of anthology series, it's very uneven in tone but when it gets it right, it's truly amazing.

Anyone who isn't utterly destroyed by the Timothy Spall episode isn't human.

I've got that saved on the TiVo box. Will be going in soon.

I love Philip k dick's writing so hopefully will do it justice.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 10:38 - Nov 7 with 7674 viewschicoazul

This is the best thing I've seen on TV for ages, series 3 out soon on Sky I believe;

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 10:41 - Nov 7 with 7666 viewsBent_double

Isn't that how the last series ended? I seem to remember the gunfight starting, everyone shooting everyone else, except for the woman standing over Rick. Why wouldn't she just shoot him?

Enjoyed it immensely at first, but have just found myself watching the last 5 or 6 series out of duty, hoping that something interesting might actually happen, but apart from the occasional decent episode, it's been a real letdown.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 10:48 - Nov 7 with 7645 viewsBlue_Order

I thought S2 of Stranger Things was a bit of a let down tbh.
TV meh-ness & TV gold on 11:05 - Nov 7 with 7603 viewsBlueBadger

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 09:31 - Nov 7 by chicoazul

Curb is just a rich old white man abusing various service workers.

That's no way to talk about our next manager, who's done so much to revitalise the Woodbridge property market.

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 13:10 - Nov 7 with 7516 viewsBlueBadger

A little late to the party here, but the second series of 'Master of None' is astonishing. The first series is pleasant but a bit lightweight and obviously lifting from Aziz Ansari's stand up routines fairly obviously at times but he clearly upped his game massively with the second series.

on 13:25 - Nov 7 with 7478 views_

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 13:10 - Nov 7 by BlueBadger

A little late to the party here, but the second series of 'Master of None' is astonishing. The first series is pleasant but a bit lightweight and obviously lifting from Aziz Ansari's stand up routines fairly obviously at times but he clearly upped his game massively with the second series.

TV meh-ness & TV gold on 13:42 - Nov 7 with 7437 viewsBlueBadger

on 13:25 - Nov 7 by _

That bit in the taxi with 'say hello, wave goodbye' playing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024