Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most memorable Tommy moments 17:27 - Jan 22 with 3094 viewsMr_Ipswich

His goal against the scum during the 2nd leg has got to be up there. I remember him running back over to us - so passionate. He really understood the significance of the rivalry throughout his time here.
Most memorable Tommy moments on 17:32 - Jan 22 with 3070 viewspowinswitch

Over the ten years Tommy has been with the club, we have seen a number of egos, mercenaries and other eejits at this club, and not all of them players. Tommy can hold his head high, as he gave all he could. He was probably not good enough for a promotion seeking squad, but that goal against Nodge showed his passion for the fight and I believe for the club. Thank you Tommy, and good luck for the future.
Most memorable Tommy moments on 17:51 - Jan 22 with 3026 viewsBenters2

Yeah that was great.
Most memorable Tommy moments on 17:55 - Jan 22 with 3021 viewsJakeITFC

Genuinely didn’t know he’d done that celebration for a long time after that because I was going so mental in the stands when he scored and obviously didn’t fancy watching the highlights after.
Most memorable Tommy moments on 18:47 - Jan 22 with 2953 viewsbournemouthblue

Did he ever beat the Budgies in his time here?

He's scored a few decent goals in his time here

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Most memorable Tommy moments on 18:49 - Jan 22 with 2948 viewsSwailsey

His wonderful dummy and goal at Brentford was incredible to see up close - such a good finish for a defender.

Did he also score an almost overhead kick when we lost 3:1 at home?

The Norwich goal as well of course.

Best of luck Tommy and thanks!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Most memorable Tommy moments on 19:10 - Jan 22 with 2918 viewsVic

Sadly my abiding memory is that woeful ‘rabbit in the headlights’ display against Newcastle all those years ago.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Most memorable Tommy moments on 19:38 - Jan 22 with 2892 viewsHerbivore

Most memorable Tommy moments on 19:10 - Jan 22 by Vic

Sadly my abiding memory is that woeful ‘rabbit in the headlights’ display against Newcastle all those years ago.

Have a word with yourself.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Most memorable Tommy moments on 20:04 - Jan 22 with 2861 viewsSteve_M

Most memorable Tommy moments on 17:55 - Jan 22 by JakeITFC

Genuinely didn’t know he’d done that celebration for a long time after that because I was going so mental in the stands when he scored and obviously didn’t fancy watching the highlights after.

I looked up from the general carnage around me to see Tommy and wondered how he had got there so fast.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Most memorable Tommy moments on 21:06 - Jan 22 with 2791 viewsSuperfrans

That was one of the big memories for me.

Also, the goal at Brentford (I think) on Boxing Day Of The Play off season was a genuinely excellent goal.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Most memorable Tommy moments on 21:11 - Jan 22 with 2782 viewsCurrie10

I may not be the only one with not 100% positive memories either then.
Most memorable Tommy moments on 21:24 - Jan 22 with 2764 viewspelles321

I remember after the 7-1 Peterborough debacle (where he was sent off about 45 seconds after coming on) I thought he'd never play for the club again. Never been so glad to be wrong. It was clear that he has worked hard at his game through the years. His partnership with Chambers in Mick's first season was one of the main reasons we stayed in the division that year.

I remember his two goals against Boro when we thrashed them 4-0, we were all dreaming of a hat-trick from a centre-half. Although, as the original poster stated, the play-off goal against Norwich will be the stand out image. He pushed team-mates trying to celebrate with him away, as he wanted to get to the fans. That's a player who understands the passion.

Thanks for your service Tommy, you'll be a fond part of Ipswich fans memories, as I'm sure we'll be a part of yours.
Most memorable Tommy moments on 21:36 - Jan 22 with 2751 viewsPhilTWTD

Was just chatting with the scout who recruited him in the first place at the U23s game. I'd heard this before but had forgotten, but he reminded me Tommy flew over from New Zealand for his first trial on his own aged 14, which I think showed he had the right attitude and approach from the off. A top man and one who will be greatly missed, even if it's understandable why he wants to make the move.
Most memorable Tommy moments on 07:56 - Jan 23 with 2598 viewsSteve_M

The one where he came on when we were 3-0 down?

http://prideofanglia.com/page.php?page=matchReport&level=1&day=26&month=9&year=2

We were awful that day, seems harsh to blame it on Smith.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

on 07:59 - Jan 23 with 2595 views_

Most memorable Tommy moments on 21:36 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

Was just chatting with the scout who recruited him in the first place at the U23s game. I'd heard this before but had forgotten, but he reminded me Tommy flew over from New Zealand for his first trial on his own aged 14, which I think showed he had the right attitude and approach from the off. A top man and one who will be greatly missed, even if it's understandable why he wants to make the move.

Most memorable Tommy moments on 08:01 - Jan 23 with 2592 viewsBluebell

Most memorable Tommy moments on 21:36 - Jan 22 by PhilTWTD

I am always sad when any of our players leave especially the long time ones. Tommy has always been a 'true' Ipswich player and played for the badge (unlike some of the loanees and short termers who have been here over the last 10 years).

I wish him luck with his new team.

Edit*- That Norwich goal will always be my favourite!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 8:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024