Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kieron fancies the job 14:42 - Feb 9 with 6699 viewshype313

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5371969/Kieron-Dyer-Q-Former-m

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Kieron fancies the job on 14:43 - Feb 9 with 5478 viewsMuncher

He told me that himself a couple of weeks ago, not sure he was being entirely serious however.
Kieron fancies the job on 14:57 - Feb 9 with 5377 viewsIllinoisblue

when is his book out?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Kieron fancies the job on 15:09 - Feb 9 with 5319 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Why not consider him at least?

Jim Magilton was given the job in the past, Tony Mowbray was considered and overlooked.

I think Dyer would be worth interviewing. He had a great career despite injuries, clearly loves the club and is committed to it, and actually comes across as reasonably bright.

OK, he was a bit of a tearaway when younger, but that can be said for lots of people.

I'm sure Matt Holland would get an interview if he wanted one, so why not Kieron?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 15:14 - Feb 9 with 5287 views_

Kieron fancies the job on 15:09 - Feb 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Jim Magilton was given the job in the past, Tony Mowbray was considered and overlooked.

I think Dyer would be worth interviewing. He had a great career despite injuries, clearly loves the club and is committed to it, and actually comes across as reasonably bright.

OK, he was a bit of a tearaway when younger, but that can be said for lots of people.

I'm sure Matt Holland would get an interview if he wanted one, so why not Kieron?

Kieron fancies the job on 15:16 - Feb 9 with 5283 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

on 15:14 - Feb 9 by _

And they are?

So on that basis, you wouldn't even offer an interview?

Maybe the Rooney rule is needed...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

on 15:18 - Feb 9 with 5263 views_

Kieron fancies the job on 15:16 - Feb 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

And they are?

So on that basis, you wouldn't even offer an interview?

Maybe the Rooney rule is needed...

Kieron fancies the job on 15:22 - Feb 9 with 5235 viewsElderGrizzly

Why would Holland or Dyer get an interview if based on ability or experience?

Having once played for us should not be enough.
Kieron fancies the job on 15:22 - Feb 9 with 5227 viewshype313

I didn't say he should or shouldn't, just merely pointed out he would like to at somepoint.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Kieron fancies the job on 15:23 - Feb 9 with 5223 viewsArcher4721

Kieron fancies the job on 14:57 - Feb 9 by Illinoisblue

when is his book out?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Old-Too-Soon-Smart-Late/dp/1472249372/ref=sr_1_1?s=book
Kieron fancies the job on 15:24 - Feb 9 with 5213 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

on 15:18 - Feb 9 by _

Thats what they all say,

Kieron fancies the job on 15:26 - Feb 9 with 5195 viewsSuperfrans

"Why not consider him at least" ??

You are kidding, right? This is the kind of idea that resulted in Norwich appointing Bryan Gunn.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Kieron fancies the job on 15:27 - Feb 9 with 5188 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Kieron fancies the job on 15:22 - Feb 9 by ElderGrizzly

Why would Holland or Dyer get an interview if based on ability or experience?

Having once played for us should not be enough.

If players never got an interview due to having no experience, there wouldnt be any managers.

No harm in involving potential candidates in an interview process.

Kieron fancies the job on 15:28 - Feb 9 with 5171 viewsGuthrum

If we're going for former players, would prefer Paul Mariner. He has, at least, managed in the Championship.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

on 15:33 - Feb 9 with 5137 views_

Kieron fancies the job on 15:27 - Feb 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

If players never got an interview due to having no experience, there wouldnt be any managers.

No harm in involving potential candidates in an interview process.

Kieron fancies the job on 15:50 - Feb 9 with 5072 viewsBlueBadger

Because, at present, he's woefully underqualifed for the job? If any former player was to be offered it, I'd have thought that Dozzell was in with the best chance.

/edit - ignore the second sentence, that's plainly b0llocks.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 18:35]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Kieron fancies the job on 15:56 - Feb 9 with 5045 viewsallezlesbleus

Kieron fancies the job on 15:50 - Feb 9 by BlueBadger

Because, at present, he's woefully underqualifed for the job? If any former player was to be offered it, I'd have thought that Dozzell was in with the best chance.

Cor blimey........imagine Jas in charge of a derby match.......there is no way that the players would get away with performances like most that they have put in against the enemy over the past 10 years or so.
Kieron fancies the job on 16:01 - Feb 9 with 5019 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I'm interested to hear your rationale for stating Dozzell as having the best chance?
Kieron fancies the job on 16:06 - Feb 9 with 4997 viewsSuperfrans

Kieron fancies the job on 15:28 - Feb 9 by Guthrum

If we're going for former players, would prefer Paul Mariner. He has, at least, managed in the Championship.

For me, this discussion is totally backwards.

We should be looking for an excellent candidate - if we have a shortlist and one of them happens to be an ex-player, then that's all for the good. But being an ex-player shouldn't drive our recruitment process.

Fact is, there isn't a single ex-Town player right now who has the attributes we need - experience as a successful manager being the single most important one.

Kieron fancies the job on 16:08 - Feb 9 with 4987 viewsitfcjoe

Is this a joke?!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieron fancies the job on 16:09 - Feb 9 with 4981 viewsitfcjoe

Kieron fancies the job on 16:06 - Feb 9 by Superfrans

We should be looking for an excellent candidate - if we have a shortlist and one of them happens to be an ex-player, then that's all for the good. But being an ex-player shouldn't drive our recruitment process.

Fact is, there isn't a single ex-Town player right now who has the attributes we need - experience as a successful manager being the single most important one.

I think Mogga has a good enough CV to get the job, especially when linked to his style of football.

Dyer may want the job, but has he even completed coaching badges etc? Anyone without their Pro licence shouldn't be considered

EDIT - just read Keiron is back at the club with the U16s and sees pathway as U16s - U18s - U23s to 1st team. So now is obviously too early but if he could make that transition and it plays out like that I'd be really happy to see it
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 16:13]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Kieron fancies the job on 16:14 - Feb 9 with 4963 viewsBlueBadger

Kieron fancies the job on 16:01 - Feb 9 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I'm interested to hear your rationale for stating Dozzell as having the best chance?

The answer, having been googling, is 'because I am an idiot who could have sworn blind that he had more coaching experience and qualifications than he does'.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 16:22]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Kieron fancies the job on 16:19 - Feb 9 with 4932 viewsSuperfrans

Kieron fancies the job on 16:09 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

I think Mogga has a good enough CV to get the job, especially when linked to his style of football.

Dyer may want the job, but has he even completed coaching badges etc? Anyone without their Pro licence shouldn't be considered

EDIT - just read Keiron is back at the club with the U16s and sees pathway as U16s - U18s - U23s to 1st team. So now is obviously too early but if he could make that transition and it plays out like that I'd be really happy to see it
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 16:13]

Mogga is the only one, that's true. But even his CV is patchy.

Kieron wanting the job is like me wanting the job. He's shown little interest in coaching until the past year or two, has he? In contrast (for instance) someone like Tommy Smith has been considering his career path in coaching etc for several years already.

Strikes me that a good manager is a student of the game from early on in their career. Can't say I've seen anything like that from Kieron thus far.

Kieron fancies the job on 16:22 - Feb 9 with 4913 viewsGuthrum

Kieron fancies the job on 16:06 - Feb 9 by Superfrans

Absolutely. But there seems to be a fascination with having some former playing legend at all costs. Something about "reconnecting with the fans", as if that will make a difference when things are not going well (c.f. what happened with Magilton).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Kieron fancies the job on 16:22 - Feb 9 with 4912 viewsBlueBadger

Kieron fancies the job on 16:08 - Feb 9 by itfcjoe

Is this a joke?!

As it turns out, yes. On me.

Kieron fancies the job on 16:47 - Feb 9 with 4841 viewsNo9

Newcastle player
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024