Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Iorfa 09:15 - Feb 19 with 2458 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

His best game for us by an absolute mile.

He was.. dare I say it.. competent defensively yesterday as well as offering something going forward.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Iorfa on 09:17 - Feb 19 with 2446 viewsBLUEBEAT

The formation suited his strengths and weaknesses, for sure.

Poll: W or W

Iorfa on 09:18 - Feb 19 with 2436 viewsdavblue

He's more of a athlete rather than a footballer imo.
Iorfa on 09:19 - Feb 19 with 2428 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

True, the dive was embarrassing though!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Iorfa on 09:20 - Feb 19 with 2420 viewsTrequartista

Iorfa on 09:18 - Feb 19 by davblue

He's more of a athlete rather than a footballer imo.

Sadly in the modern game, that is true for a large amount of footballers.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Iorfa on 09:22 - Feb 19 with 2402 viewsHerbivore

He was better yesterday but even in one of his best performances he still showed a complete inability to control or pass a football. He got into good areas so many times and then got the ball stuck under his feet or passed it straight to a Norwich player.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Iorfa on 09:28 - Feb 19 with 2369 viewsTrequartista

Iorfa on 09:22 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

He was better yesterday but even in one of his best performances he still showed a complete inability to control or pass a football. He got into good areas so many times and then got the ball stuck under his feet or passed it straight to a Norwich player.

Spot on. That's mainly because he's 6 foot 4 playing out wide.

If he looked comfortable out wide with that height, and was athletic, he certainly wouldn't be playing in the championship.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Iorfa on 09:38 - Feb 19 with 2334 viewsHerbivore

Iorfa on 09:28 - Feb 19 by Trequartista

Spot on. That's mainly because he's 6 foot 4 playing out wide.

If he looked comfortable out wide with that height, and was athletic, he certainly wouldn't be playing in the championship.

It's possible to be tall and still be able to control and pass a football though. He makes Frank Nouble look like Pirlo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Iorfa on 10:02 - Feb 19 with 2277 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I've refrained from saying it out loud, but I'd be happy if we were able to sign him (for a nominal fee) in the summer.

Been dire at times, but has all the attributes to be moulded into a very good player
Login to get fewer ads

Iorfa on 10:09 - Feb 19 with 2253 viewsWallingford_Boy

I assume you were mistaking him for Knudsen?!

He had a SHOCKER and when MM took him off as he was "cramping up", that summed it up perfectly.

His runs forward, where he was never fully in control of the ball were ok, but defensively he was all over the place. Always the wrong side of the man, slicing the ball out of play. He is soooooo bad.

He'll be off in the summer.

RIP Sir Bobby

Iorfa on 10:16 - Feb 19 with 2231 viewstheblueginger

He's always looked better in a 5-3-2. At Barnsley he caused problems all game. There is certainly a player in there, i just think he needs to be coached as he's the sort of player that has relied on his physical attributes for too long and now gets exposed by more technical players.

3-5-2 suits the likes of Webster, Waghorn and Skuse as well, so i think that should be the way forward. Having Dozzell or Huws in the middle would add that link-up between defence and attack.
Iorfa on 10:24 - Feb 19 with 2205 viewsCambonbleu

He was there because he was the outlet on the right hand side. And give him his due - he won headers, caused problems and was quite often as far up the pitch as Waghorn and Garner

Putting aside the awful dive and the fact that he seems to have been taught to tackle by running into a man and hoping he makes contact with the ball, he had a good game and tactically was the right choice to start over Spence in that particular game

Poll: How many Season Ticket holders will ITFC have next season?
Blog: Why All the Positivity?

Iorfa on 10:25 - Feb 19 with 2198 viewsPJH

Iorfa on 10:09 - Feb 19 by Wallingford_Boy

I assume you were mistaking him for Knudsen?!

He had a SHOCKER and when MM took him off as he was "cramping up", that summed it up perfectly.

His runs forward, where he was never fully in control of the ball were ok, but defensively he was all over the place. Always the wrong side of the man, slicing the ball out of play. He is soooooo bad.

He'll be off in the summer.

Your last line is right because he is on loan here anyway.
Iorfa on 13:14 - Feb 19 with 2023 viewsBluesquid

He tends to struggle against better opposition.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024